Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 08:58 PM
Aviak

Default Canni Dance Mechanics

Fat man hit 24! I am trying to practice the fat man jiggle, but EQ regen confuses me. My life and mana will tick up, then down, then back up again. Not sure what this is all about, I seem to recall figuring it all out 15 years ago but there has been a lot of whiskey since then and if I am being honest with myself some tequila too.

At which point do I actually stand and cast? My guess is I wait until it "settles" but I wanted to verify that I am doing it right.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:02 AM
Banned

Its the ticks just re organizing every tick so it goes up and down but those are the ticks, just get used to sitting durring them and youll get the swing of it again.

You can also use spell slot 1 for cani and a clicky will refresh the spell gem, allowing to cast it, even though the cool down is not up, however if the spell fires before the cool down has been met, you get a missfire and the spell gem jsut refreshes. You must time that until you get some higher level cani's 54'sh iirc
Old 04-14-2017, 06:18 AM
Fire Giant

If the server ticks and your client ticks are misaligned it can be tricky, and for me at least they usually are. Watch your mana and when it ticks by 1, that is your the server tick. Be sitting 6 seconds later and you'll get the med tick.

Get ready for your age of cannidancing.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Just click canni and sit, canni and sit and hope you hit the ticks. If not, who cares it's not a big deal - not one bit.

Once you get higher canni spells it becomes even less important (if that's even possible,) and then torpor will 100% remove any matter of canni dancing.

I read these scientific explanations behind how you NEED to canni dance properly to be a good shaman and find them retarded tbh.

I never seen a shaman that I thought to myself, "OMG that guy canni dances perfectly!"

It's just not necessary to worry over imo.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Banned

nothing in this game is necessary to worry over, but if you're playing it in 2017, you should be enjoying these little mechanics, just saying.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nothing in this game is necessary to worry over, but if you're playing it in 2017, you should be enjoying these little mechanics, just saying.
There is nothing to enjoy about trying to perfect canni-dancing, a totally useless activity that only ultra-nerds really consider important or fun.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just click canni and sit, canni and sit and hope you hit the ticks. If not, who cares it's not a big deal - not one bit.
I'm far from a cann-dance fan, and I certainly don't think any shaman needs to perfect it, but being able to do the basic cann-dance properly does make a pretty big difference in how fast you recover mana. This doesn't mean I recommend doing it all the time, but when you desperately need mana quickly, or when you're just impatient about downtime, not doing the dance is almost as bad as waiting for your mana to recover while standing.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-14-2017 at 05:25 PM..
Old 04-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Fire Giant

Cannidancing makes a big difference. Either your meddint while cannibalizing or not. Sure not worth it all the time... But ya
Old 04-14-2017, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

There is a tick for several seconds then a backtick for 1 second. You cannibalize during this time for optimal mama regen. If the zone is laggy or your connection is rough it might be easier to time it with health regen....If your health goes up a percent from regeneration count a couple seconds and then fast canni and sit.

Use a goblin skull earring to chain cast two levels of canni to burn away a lot of health for some mana on a clutch.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use a goblin skull earring to chain cast two levels of canni to burn away a lot of health for some mana on a clutch.
This is exactly what I did on my shaman when I was playing him.

I would alternate between two cannis, using the gobbo earring in between them to burn health fast.

I never found once where I needed to do an exact scientific canni-dance watching every tick when the server was giving a real tick and not a fake tick to maximize my canni efficiency.

It's just not a necessary activity you need to do as a shaman, but hey do it if you want.
Closed Thread