Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing to enjoy about trying to perfect canni-dancing, a totally useless activity that only ultra-nerds really consider important or fun.
It can make a big difference at lower levels. Once I got canni3 and later 4 - I usually just machinegun'd a few cannis in a row before sitting.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-15-2017, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly what I did on my shaman when I was playing him.

I would alternate between two cannis, using the gobbo earring in between them to burn health fast.

I never found once where I needed to do an exact scientific canni-dance watching every tick when the server was giving a real tick and not a fake tick to maximize my canni efficiency.

It's just not a necessary activity you need to do as a shaman, but hey do it if you want.
90% of the time I just canni burn with gobbo earring or cast and sit without timing as fast as possible.

Only time that i time it like that is I'm in the only priest in a group and really need the mana to keep up, or if I'm soloing an area and it is necessary to do kill respawns and avoid resplitting camps.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Banned

Again, I just have to say this, if you are not at some point figuring out how to properly, and enjoying canni-dancing while playing a shaman on a 18 year old emulated server, then you are a failing at life.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

made a thread about this a while back

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=151479

I just waited until all 3 "changes" happened and fired off my canni macro.

if it switches to a 2-change sequence, just do it after the second change
Old 04-15-2017, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

I will say this again, if you fret about missing a mana tick and coordinating your canni perfectly with every server tick, it's your choice.

Just remember, in the grand scheme of playing a shaman it means absolutely nothing.

99.99999% of the time you can burn your health as fast as you possibly can then heal up, you will suffer none for it. No mana will be missed that will matter anyway.

Not maximizing canni-dancing by tediously watching ticks and coordinating your canni with it will not determine your worth as a shaman.

No one cares or even notices how you canni.

Only ultra-nerds and/or sufferers of OCD or other debilitating mental illnesses worry about this kind of thing.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:46 PM
Aviak

Wow, what did I start??

I just find I am solo healing a lot on top of buffs and often root CC. Typically our pull rate and therefore exp is based on my mana level. So anything I can do to be more efficient saves time in the long run.

Thanks for the tips, I was at MM pond today and I got a much better feel for it.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Only ultra-nerds and/or sufferers of OCD or other debilitating mental illnesses worry about this kind of thing.
ye best start believing this is an emu for only ultra-nerds and/or suffers of OCD or other debilitating mental illnesses.

Becuse yer in one!
Closed Thread