Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? The next patch to Project 1999...

Hide currently works as super invis/itu at the same time. This is not proper. It (racial hide) is being turned into regular invis. There will be rogue blood.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99935
What the heck is "itu"? Invis to undead? How did Hide become invis to undead on 1999 in the first place? It was never that before.
Last edited by Torrinn; 06-25-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrinn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said in your original post that it allows to access places that other races have difficulty accessing. That implies using it to move past mobs that would kill you otherwise if they could see you. In that regard, you CANNOT use sneak/hide together to get past mobs.
It doesn't imply that and I never said you could use them at the same time while moving like a rogue does. As currently implemented, you can use both hide and sneak to move around roamers and get through areas that are otherwise inaccessible to other races (since hide currently acts as super invis and regular mobs can't see through it). As a Halfling cleric with hide and sneak you can explore VP unmolested with proper application of sneak and hide (except around the dragons, they see through hide) and if you take your time to wait for roamers. This is also applicable in other places.

Quote:
You are the one who obviously did not comprehend MY original post or you would not have felt compelled to reply at all.
I comprehended your post just fine. You made a blanket statement that is incomplete and incorrect to a point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrinn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, but I found this thread in a Google search and had to correct it. This is incorrect. While all Halflings get the skills, the only class that can use sneak AND hide at the same time is rogue.
You called out my post as incorrect, when it is not. You inferred that I was suggesting using both sneak and hide at the same time to achieve the same ability as rogues. This was not implied nor explicitly stated in my original post. You then make the incorrect statement "While all Halflings get the skills, the only class that can use sneak AND hide at the same time is rogue." You can activate both at the same time as a Halfling, you just can't move while keeping hide active as a non-rogue class. This allows a non-rogue to invis (currently super-invis) themselves while a mob is facing them, and to sneak behind when the mob is facing away. The application of hide or breaking of hide does not affect a properly applied sneak, so the use of both is important in some situations. But like I said above, most of this is going to be scaled way back in usefulness after the next patch.

Quote:
What the heck is "itu"? Invis to undead? How did Hide become invis to undead on 1999 in the first place? It was never that before.
Yes, ITU is Invis to undead. As for your second question that is something you should ask the devs.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

You don't have to be hide + sneak (rogue invis) to be able to move passed enemies. With proper movement (stay behind the mob), sneak alone will prevent you from obtaining aggro. This is not always possible, but it will allow you to bypass some instances that could not be bypassed by races without sneak and hide.

Also, sneak will allow you to complete quest turn ins that hide or invis alone would not.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Aviak

For RED I'd strongly advise:

1) Roll Human or Erudite if you're starting fresh with no cash OR looking to min/max

You need to be able to see invis on Red. Human Clerics of Innoruuk and Erudite Clerics can quest: Fright Forged Helm which not only gives you see invis but an instant click item that can be used to fight against dispels in pvp.

At the top end you'll want to be a race that can wear robes since the best chest item in both Kunark and Velious is a robe: Robe of the Azure Sky and Sal'Varae's Robe of Darkness

2) If you have some pp to start and aren't looking to raid endgame content roll a Dwarf

If you can afford a Bracer of the Hidden, you'll enjoy the better starting stats of a Dwarf plus you might also be able to afford Dwarf cultural armor which is particularly nice on a pvp server since it offers basically everything you could want: wisdom, high ac, hps (via sta), resist magic, and resist fire. For example, Dwarven Plate Gauntlets.

3) Leveling Guide:

Easiest path involves getting to Faydwer and then...

Butcherblock Mountains - Decaying Skeletons near Kaladim (turn-in Bone Chips)
Butcherblock Mountains - Undead Tower has 3 skeletons that spawn; use undead nuke
Butcherblock Mountains - Chess Board has undead; use undead nuke
Unrest - start at entrance and work your way up to hag room using root and nuke
Unrest Hags - split with lull, run to zone if crit resist. Once spawn is broken if you nuke Hags as they spawn they only take 2 nukes to die. Use DA on pull if Knight spawns so you don't eat his harmtouch.

Move to Antonica...
Specters in Feerott or Oasis - undead fear and nuke

4) Clickies:

Fright Forged Helm if Erudite/Human Innoruuk
J-Boots
Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring - for use against dispel
Bracer of the Hidden - if not Erudite/Human Innoruuk
Donal's Vambraces are amazing at 45+
Donal's Bracer - mana free lull is nice
Donal's Boots - free dd clicky can be nice for things like Nobles in HHK 50+
Water Sprinkler of the Forgiven - atone clicky let's you do some fun things and bypass see invis mobs
Manastone - expensive but ridiculous when doing Specter camp or in Guk