Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the credibility of those two retards is down the drain u ever been on their past shitboxes? christ almighty.
Maybe credibility as far as making sound decisions but are you trying to say they are corrupt? They put in a lot of time to try to make a good box and police it the best they can. I don't know if you are referring to blatant favoritism or what but I haven't see any talk of that.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Developers should never directly interact with "customers". They need a Nilbog (PM) and some CSRs to build something that will last.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

This box is obviously the answer to people who aren't satisfied with P99's direction. If nobody plays there then Im sure they wont waste their time. Somehow I dont think that will be the case but im not all that optimistic. P99 seems to be the "mainstream" box atm.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Developers should never directly interact with "customers". They need a Nilbog (PM) and some CSRs to build something that will last.
This is truth.

I know I was fucking terrible at it + just wanted to do part-time db/dev work while running the occasional gm event.

Handling the playerbase is a full-time job and not an easy one.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

null gave me the keys to the Pinto

best time of my life jack daniels and emulated everquest
Old 09-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
null gave me the keys to the Pinto

best time of my life jack daniels and emulated everquest
sounds like dreams became reality
Old 09-25-2014, 01:41 AM
Fire Giant

if you want a box with consistent pvp, play devnoob/image boxes. If you're too blue for that and would rather spend months leveling toons for the same recycled content, play here.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Banned

I'm in as long as they do not make drastic changes a month into the server. The last box was a complete mess. If they can get all of the changes solid, 100% before they release it will work.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithlessKR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you want a box with consistent pvp, play devnoob/image boxes. If you're too blue for that and would rather spend months leveling toons for the same recycled content, play here.
I like that they are doing some neat zone control type of custom stuff specific to PVP. But in the end, programming in cool features is not what makes people stick around for the long haul. You need the support staff to make it work, and ultimately you need initial population to get enough momentum going to carry the box past the "shiny new toy" phase. You aren't just going to build it and have 200 people logging in.

This is sort of what happens in my experience, when programmers run a project. You get lost in the minutia of custom scripts, new features etc and lose track of what is going to make any service or product popular.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithlessKR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
let's be honest, there was at best like one or two small scale fights daily on rolfron zek in kunark and it was never a close fight against those guys

sure the server has the pro of being great for the casual player with things like 2boxing and raid content that can be done with literally 2-4 characters, but there is zero way there's more pvp on a server that had peak population of like 40 with 2boxing enabled versus a server that has 160-200 peak population with mostly single boxing

probably not going to be playing whatever this next server is; i don't believe 6th time's a charm and would rather not spend any time leveling/gearing characters on a server that will more than likely be completely dead within a couple of months
Closed Thread