Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 27... I suggest SK for Elephants and then Everfrost for Mammoths.
The bull elephants should still be blue. I think the regular elephants green out around 23 or 24, however. Mammoths are certainly a good bet as well, but they can be quite contested at times. It may be worth planting a spotter in the zone to see if folks are killing them prior to porting and running so far.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is 27 too early for charming snow cougars? Seems the wiki is not entirely accurate when it comes to mob levels.

Completely sick of WW Forest Giants. Super-boring and crowded. It is a place that has sucked the fun out of everything since 2000. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was there as a 29 or 30 Ranger (forget when I arrived), everything was white / yellow.
Maybe doable at 27, but you'd be fighting yellows / reds - up to you. Resists or early charm breaks could ruin your day.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was there as a 29 or 30 Ranger (forget when I arrived), everything was white / yellow.
Maybe doable at 27, but you'd be fighting yellows / reds - up to you. Resists or early charm breaks could ruin your day.
Excellent, thank you for this information. It saves me a boat ride. Definitely not worth charming yellows/reds for sure. Charm would break in ~10 seconds if it lands at all.

I guess I am stuck grinding WW giants and mammoths for a while. meh.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Banned

Stonebrunt Mtns for 25-40 is proving to be an excellent charm zone on my druid.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stonebrunt Mtns for 25-40 is proving to be an excellent charm zone on my druid.
Just checked it out, and I agree. 30-40 seems to be the sweet spot, but there's some good charmables in the 25-30 zone, and even some blues still at 45 (plus there's the titans to deal with).
You run the risk of roaming adds, and xp seems slower than Iceclad cougars, but hey, it's a fun new zone and it's *different*, which is a huge factor for many.

I wouldn't go there expecting to score on the titans, or to do well with the various quests, though (i.e. Yuio's illness, or Heretic heads) - those mobs are very rare, and uber camped. But if you go to have fun and charm kill or root/rot stuff, with the occasional group (remember to charm a pet for extra dps), it's a great spot.
Only downside right now is that the zone is underutilized - haven't seen more than 10 people in zone at any given time. But that's a problem for a solo Druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Aviak

I hear you on the mammoth front, my Druid is the same level, I went there in the middle of the night, only about 3 people in the zone found maybe one or two fully grown mammoths. I don't know if all the other random crap walking around/baby mamms are place holders, but hunting was sparse..
Old 01-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

I tried to go to Stonebrunt, but met with an issue while trying to zone into Paineel. It kept saying "something along the lines of "please try again later. The zone is not available. Tested the last couple nights. I also reapplied the patch files to see if that would work.

Odd.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried to go to Stonebrunt, but met with an issue while trying to zone into Paineel. It kept saying "something along the lines of "please try again later. The zone is not available. Tested the last couple nights. I also reapplied the patch files to see if that would work.

Odd.
I was in Paineel this morning. Weird.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

I'll give it another go tonight. Oh, and it would "zone" me over the the Erudin ZL up north. Pretty much the same behavior you would see from an actual zone outage. I am guessing it has something to do with a bad file on my end.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrabbit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear you on the mammoth front, my Druid is the same level, I went there in the middle of the night, only about 3 people in the zone found maybe one or two fully grown mammoths. I don't know if all the other random crap walking around/baby mamms are place holders, but hunting was sparse..
It's that wandering asshole Tundra Jack, his roaming path is right in the main thoroughfare of the mammoth paths, and he just runs east to west killing them. So frustrating.

If you follow him, he usually kills 5-6 mammoths in his normal pathing rotation.
Closed Thread