Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Orc

Default Qeynos Badge of Honor: Curing rats

Description: I'm working on Qeynos Badge of Honor. Specifically the part where you cure rats with jars. I suspect that one pattern of rats (which I've been unlucky enough to get twice) is bugged. I took a video of the second attempt, which resulted in the same failure.

As I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong) is it is a simplified game of Reversi or Othello. You have a 4 by 4 "board" of rats which represent the tiles, as well as several empty tiles. The objective is to get all rats healthy, which can be accomplished by placing three jars in empty tiles. When a jar is placed in an empty tile next to one or two adjacent diseased rats, they will be cured if a healthy rat is on the opposite side of that column or row. This video describes the process with a working pattern of rats.

This is a diagram of the pattern I received, in the same convention the wiki article uses.

Code:
1	1	0	0

0	x	x	E

1	x	1	x

1	E	0	E

Code:
1 = healthy rat
x = diseased rat 
0 = empty slot 
E = enchanted rat
I think there are two solutions to this puzzle (same placement but two different orders of placement). (AC, CA, AA) or (AC, AA, CA). I tried the second placement in the video on my second attempt and I believe I tried the first placement the first time, but I'm not completely sure. The observed problem is that the diseased rat between empty tiles AA and CA is not cured when it should be. When I turned in the three empty jars to Velarte Selire, they get eaten with no reward.

Apologies if I'm just totally misunderstanding this.

Relevant NPCs: Velarte Selire

Relevant LOCs: (-232, -270)

Steps to reproduce bug:
  1. Turn in Research Briefing to start.
  2. Get a random pattern of rats. Apparently this pattern is bugged but others are not.
  3. Turn in jars to confirm the diseased rat does not get cured.

Expected behavior: Diseased rat should be cured with a proper placement sequence.

Evidence/Research: See above

Relevant screenshots: see video links above.
Last edited by Cerate; 09-08-2017 at 02:43 PM..
Old 09-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Orc

Update: I repeated the badge quests and got a different pattern this time and it worked fine. I would test it more thoroughly if I didn't have to run all over SK, NK and WK. Good luck!
Old 09-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Second video you did it backwards. Should of been CA first. But grats on getting it on the third try.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 09-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Developer

I just tried this myself, and it works if you do it correctly. One of your solutions is right. You may have accidentally given the jar to the wrong target the on the first try.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Telin; 09-14-2017 at 08:04 PM..
Old 09-14-2017, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just tried this myself, and it works if you do it correctly. One of your solutions is right. You may have accidentally given the jar to the wrong target the on the first try.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 10-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Dude, they're rats, Just let them die.
Closed Thread