Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol yea I didn't wanrt to disrupt the chain pulls but the tank dropped group, itud me, and I assume got back in group all in time for your next pull. Thx to u and pickled, true gentlemen and scholars!
:-D
Old 06-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Can't help but agree with Shan421. EQ classic was designed to not be easy for the player. Regardless, it's sort of ridiculous in a world of magic and fantasy that one can do /who all and find out who is in other parts of the world.

To be honest I'd prefer that they get rid of the ability to do /who all and only be able to see who is in your current zone.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Kobold

You've got a point about the classic thing and that's your right to do what you want but I personally took my sweet ass time leveling and relived classic and its been great but there comes a time when youve hit a hell level and you're a ranger (or ogre sk) and you have 3 hours a night to play and GODDAMNIT I JUST WANT TO GET XP NOW but can't get any tonight cuz you people dropped a hot smelly roleplaying turd in all my xp zones... fucksakes!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't help but agree with Shan421. EQ classic was designed to not be easy for the player. Regardless, it's sort of ridiculous in a world of magic and fantasy that one can do /who all and find out who is in other parts of the world.

To be honest I'd prefer that they get rid of the ability to do /who all and only be able to see who is in your current zone.
Seriously? This game has like 3-4 good exp zones for levels 30+, if this were an immersive "world of magic and fantasy" you would easily be able to find places where few have ever traveled. The technical/design limitations of this game which cause the crowding problems that exist today seem like they'd be silly in a high fantasy universe... it doesn't seem unreasonable to have a function to tell who is in a zone. /who all should return anon/rp results.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Or we can just realize we are suppose to be emulating classic and go in there and exp anyway, if some lvl 50's butt gets hurt because he may lose his camp to a group of people, oh well.

Let them start banning groups of people then instead of the 5 necros that are whoring all the drops
Old 06-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olarid99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let them start banning groups of people then instead of the 5 necros that are whoring all the drops
Most of these necros are there for loot and only loot, hence they'll be killing like 1-3 mobs only. Let him do that and set up group near him and pull the mobs you'd be pulling if you were camping it anyway, he probably won't mind.

People's unwillingness to compromise on this server astounds me.

I enchant things...
Old 06-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of these necros are there for loot and only loot, hence they'll be killing like 1-3 mobs only. Let him do that and set up group near him and pull the mobs you'd be pulling if you were camping it anyway, he probably won't mind.

People's unwillingness to compromise on this server astounds me.
Exactly the same as live in the early days. By and large, it's the same people, all grown up, but still acting like little kids...
Old 06-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly the same as live in the early days. By and large, it's the same people, all grown up, but still acting like little kids...
A necro has as much claim to the nameds as anyone else. These people would be complaining if it was a whole group perma camping a spawn. What they ideally want is a 3 hour limit, you can spend your 3 hours there then you have to move on and let someone else have a bit at the cherry.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

I enchant things...
Old 06-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard that the raiding guilds require all their members to be /anon or /rp always. Ya know, because it's a big secret when both guilds are jam packed into Sol B.

Not to mention with all the farming in end-game zones, and farmers like to /anon or /rp for whatever reason, just basically consider everything useless, and just travel to where you might want to exp, and maybe you'll get lucky.

Or just play another game =/.
I remember back on live during velious/luclin/pop, our server had 4 guilds that would go anon every night to try and gain an advantage. Triality never did that gay shit. We ended up the top guild rather quickly. Not saying that's why we so good, but only losers feel the need to use anon to get an advantage. Focus less on stealth and more on not sucking.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

/shrug again, I don't go /anon or /role to gain an advantange over everyone, I do so to prevent seeing tells from random strangers every 5 minutes.
Closed Thread