Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one time this has happened recently, TMO killed VS, Trak, CT (and draco), Inny (and maestro), Fay, Gore, and all of VP.

That's 14 (out of like 18? unless you count chardok and sky and hole) raid targets, inlcuding the 10+ most valuable ones.

And I guarantee you that if this started happening more often, let alone if these repops were scheduled beforehand, TMO could/would organize in such a way that would get them even more of those targets.

Don't think that I'm talking smack, because I'm not. I'm just pointing out that this whole "20 raid targets up at once is going to mean the little guys kill half of the mobs!" thing is total hogwash. The little guys would have more of a shot of killing something than they do now (short of poopsocking), but server repops will hardly stop 1 or 2 guilds from almost totally dominating the raid scene.
Its still MUCH better than what we have right now. If there's a scheduled maintenance every week, and everyone knows that raid mobs will be up right after the maintenance, they will be able to plan for it beforehand, and get ready to raid them as soon as the server comes up. Infact, with this "maintenance" system, as time goes by, smaller guilds can even make alliances to raid, as they know the exact time that the server is coming up. Once more guilds get used to making alliances to raid (made easy due to a fixed date/timing of spawns therefore less coordination problem), it will be even harder for big guilds to dominate spawns anymore. So in the big picture, this will still benefit the smaller guilds, as well as more players, on the whole.

Unless there's a guild which is large enough to simultaneously camp and kill ALL raid targets at the same time as soon as server up (which will mean a guild has to have more than 200 high level players at the same time in order to achieve killing all raid targets at one go).

Hope the devs can give this suggestion some though. It certainly is better than what we have right now in our server.
Last edited by Galaa; 04-16-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

@ Xasten: you are very well spoken and well mannered - wish there were more like you in your guild.

@OP: it's just the way p99 revolutionized, coupled with Splorf's statement - there's no way to really change the scene without PVP. Mobilization, numbers, tracking and zerging are specific to p99. It is unfortunate that "satisfying fights" can never been seen on this server where a dragon/god is taken down by few numbers, but you have to learn to adapt if you want loot because you can't really rely on GM intervention.

You have two choices right now:
1. Join TMO - they are getting every target now since VD is more or less out of the raiding scene.
2. Farm some plat and buy your items (if you prefer not to join TMO).

That's about all you can do now.

On the flip side, sooner or later, TMO will max gear their mains/apps/alts to a point where everyone and their lvl 2 alts will have their epics. When that time comes, I'm sure I can see them even putting Inny/CT/Trak on their endangered species list, but until that time comes, you only have 2 options.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Four out of 18 targets is still more than the rest of the server gets on a "normal" spawn. The "little guys" aren't trying to get half the mobs, they are trying to get more than 0.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Some seem to have missed the nuances of my original post, but this is of course to be expected, and it is beyond my aims to enable such to be able to detect that which they miss.
It is interesting who, representing what, has chosen to be most vociferous in reply, very interesting indeed.
Player based "evidence" should be immaterial if observation actually occurs. Additionally to this it is my understanding that when such evidence has been forthcomming the resulting punishments have been relaxed and/or ignored by the misbehaving parties, and moderators involved.
Futhermore any player generated evidence can with effort always be forged and/or manipulated, these are but two obvious points which need to be made in regards to the formation of player response to misbehaviour.
Other than this i thank the respondents for their time and consideration of the issues i have raised in this post.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Change the way raid mobs are spawned.

In classic, every patch day and maintenance day resets the raid mobs, thus all of them will spawn at once. As such, its impossible for 1 or 2 guilds to dominate all raid mobs, giving a chance for the smaller guilds to have a go at the leftovers.
wont change a thing, it would happen prime time on weekends and one guild will still take 99% of the mobs.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Kobold

This is why I don't want to reach level 50+. Just trying to find a good place to xp at 40 (solo or group) is too much work, so I doubt I'll ever reach level 41, but I will still continue to play my character all the time because it's a fun experience, you know, being in the world of Norrath and interacting with others.

When you're level 25 and some dude KS's your KFC group in South Karana, it's mildly annoying, but it's often a misunderstanding and usually ends up not a big deal. I suppose if you were pulling Quillmane and someone Ks'd you and took the Pegasus Cloak, there might be some hard feelings, but both sides would eventually move on and it wouldn't have a lot of impact on the experience.

But this raiding stuff... Honestly, it doesn't seem fun to me. I get why it's done, for the awesome rewards to be had, but after a certain point, the fighting between guilds over the raids and all of that, it really seems like the actual humans sitting at their computers are no longer having fun.

And in my estimation, the purpose of a computer game is to have fun. When you are playing a game and you realize you're no longer enjoying it, perhaps the situation should be reassessed. I don't mean stop playing. No, I mean just delete your lvl 58 and start a non-twink new character and have fun playing EverQuest.

Oh, and before you delete your lvl 58, you should totally give me any good gear you have. No sense in letting it go to waste.

See you in Norrath!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

This server has been around for 2 and a 1/2 years, you are late to the party.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

Non-TMO folk JUST want more than 0 raid mobs? I'm not convinced.

They get more than 0 raid mobs right now, after all. Maestro gets socked. Draco pops at an opportune time. TMO loses a race here or there even without VD in the picture. TMO trackers miss a mob spawn. There's the endangered list. Etc. If people just want to kill some raid mobs, then they wouldn't be on the forums posting about how server repops would be better for everyone, especially when there is some evidence (though not necessarily conclusive evidence) that TMO will still dominate raid mobs WITH a full repop.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 04-16-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Old 04-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Sorry but the FIF policy would mean the "little" guilds would have their pick of the 17 mobs TMO isn' monopolizing. Server resets would be a good thing and more people would get loot. There would also be more loot to get with extra spawns.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But this raiding stuff... Honestly, it doesn't seem fun to me.
Then don't raid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get why it's done, for the awesome rewards to be had,
Looks like you don't get why it's done. Some people might raid just because of the gear, but other people just enjoy it all around. I'm having a blast raiding with TMO, even when I don't get gear, even when we don't have competition, even when we wipe, etc.

Quote:
but after a certain point, the fighting between guilds over the raids and all of that, it really seems like the actual humans sitting at their computers are no longer having fun.
You're on the outside looking in, dude. 95% (or more) of the people raiding in p99 are raiding because they have fun doing it.

Quote:
And in my estimation, the purpose of a computer game is to have fun. When you are playing a game and you realize you're no longer enjoying it, perhaps the situation should be reassessed. I don't mean stop playing. No, I mean just delete your lvl 58 and start a non-twink new character and have fun playing EverQuest.
Yes, the purpose of a computer game is to have fun. But again, I AM (and I think most of the rest of us are) having fun.