Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Default Lifespan of Velious?

With Velious being the last expansion, I'm wondering how long the lifespan of the expansion will last? There are content milestones after initial launch right? (planar revamps etc), that should take at least a year to wrap up?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

I do hope we get just one more expansion eventually. I would absolutely LOVE to see Luclin for two reasons: Beastlords and AA's.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Kobold

I disagree about Luclin. I think that Luclin is the expansion that totally screwed everything up. I mean come on, cats on the moon?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

"Cats on the moon" may be silly, but you can hardly say THAT is what "screwed everything up." If you want to blame Luclin for destroying EQ, then at least try to explain why it did.

On topic though, the server is still going very strong (650ish primetime?) after almost 2 years of Kunark. I can't imagine the server would lose much population (let alone die off) in less than that after Velious. Just having Velious gives everyone a lot more to do, plus it potentially will give people a chance to do stuff in the old world and Kunark that they haven't yet been able to, like kill some gods/dragons or see the inside of VP, finish the cockblock epics, etc.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

I'd like to see luclin. Not PoP tho, for me that was when it really started getting out of hand. It ( PoP ) was a fun expansion in a lot of ways, but it wasn't really EQ any more after that.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

I liked Luclin because it added the Beastlord, which was by far my favorite class, and it added AA's, which gave max-level players something to do with their experience (and gave Bards Double Attack, making them actually decent at melee).
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Would think server will go on for multiple years after Velious. People experience endgame, burn out, other people replace em. Don't rightly recall velious changing the mid-levels game all that much, most of the stuff is nodrop and there's maybe 2 zones to go to before you're 50+?

Luclin imo stinks since it felt like we were playing a particularly crappy episode of Star Trek. Suddenly just jumped from goblins and griffons of basic fantasy lore to little green men straight outta Mars Attacks.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Fine, but you can't say that AA's were a bad thing. Or Beastlords.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Cats on the moon" may be silly, but you can hardly say THAT is what "screwed everything up." If you want to blame Luclin for destroying EQ, then at least try to explain why it did.

On topic though, the server is still going very strong (650ish primetime?) after almost 2 years of Kunark. I can't imagine the server would lose much population (let alone die off) in less than that after Velious. Just having Velious gives everyone a lot more to do, plus it potentially will give people a chance to do stuff in the old world and Kunark that they haven't yet been able to, like kill some gods/dragons or see the inside of VP, finish the cockblock epics, etc.
I completely agree with this. With Velious being available, I'm guessing the current camps (dragons or specific spawns in dungeons) for some of the more casual players will be more available. I see no need to institute Luclin...
Old 11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

im pretty sure Rogean ripped out all the AA stuff. so that wont happen.

why did luclin ruin EQ?
gay character models, check
gay horses, check
story that had NOTHING to do with norrath, check
Nexus/easy travel, check
gay bane weapons, check
vex thal not working at release, check
bazaar to kill all real player merchants, check

and lastly,
retarded ass cat people on the moon, check
retarded easy beastlord class, check

pretty certain you'll see custom content before you see Luclin.
Closed Thread