Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Sarnak

mobs flee way too fast, fuck this noise
Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Kobold

Never saw a train in Paw till last night, was not good times... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Since they are doing patches that don't work here because of differences between this server and the live servers (like the run speed, as mentioned) in the name of classic, does that mean they are also going to implement all those patches that completely broke bards for a couple weeks as was done in classic as well? I remember distinctly one that broke Selo's and another that made it impossible to twist.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

Snare and Darkness op.

For the record, Gnolls in blackburrow ran at 49% on live.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 04-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since they are doing patches that don't work here because of differences between this server and the live servers (like the run speed, as mentioned) in the name of classic, does that mean they are also going to implement all those patches that completely broke bards for a couple weeks as was done in classic as well? I remember distinctly one that broke Selo's and another that made it impossible to twist.
Fail patch is fail.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekanc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fail patch is fail.
I think some respect is in order for the developers working on this game for free. I am appreciative of what they do. This I am sure is a known issue and being worked on.

Thank you to the developers for actively working on this great project!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by porigromus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think some respect is in order for the developers working on this game for free. I am appreciative of what they do. This I am sure is a known issue and being worked on.

Thank you to the developers for actively working on this great project!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

They are not going to fix it. They just patched it to be that way. It was wrong to them all this time.

Another reason not to play a melee. Christ there will be like 4 tanks on this server before its over. Not counting I was on my Mage. Fire pet really sucks now. I will almost have to use the Earth pet. Or Nuke my balls off for the last 20% health on the mob when I should be medding.

I agree with others. This is going to be Train Hell. Sucks.
Last edited by webrunner5; 04-23-2012 at 09:34 AM..
Old 04-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Orc

I don't care when the mobs run. But I don't remember mobs ever running as fast as they do now, on live. Mobs are running away at ridiculous speeds and it needs to be fixed. Even with some sort of snare it's a little ridiculous.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Large Bat

I just made a post about this under bugs. As a new player, I can no longer kill anything. I don't have SoW. Stuff just runs away, and I can't keep up with it, and when I got a SoW, it said i was too far away to hit the Desert Scarab, but I was right on top of it.

Also, being a new player, I don't have much STR, and I am encumbered a lot from picking up a lot of stuff to sell to vendors, which makes it even more difficult.

If it is true that creatures fled and ran away this fast on Live, I don't remember that.

However, just because "it was that way on Live", it does not make it the right way. EQ Live was a huge work in progress, it was the first game of it's kind, and a giant beta test for future MMORPG's. Nobody had done it before.

I like a good tough game to play, but being able to play it at all is important, especially for newbies like me.

Again, thank you for making this dream a reality Dev's!
Closed Thread