Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 01:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Gnoll fang turn in from qeynos has always been a bit obscene, however I can't really say if the xp is classic or not as I don't have any hard data to back it up. Just know that qeynos was always my favorite newbie zone because of it.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:43 AM
Banned

the 11% max starts to diminish after level ten , but then stops diminishing

you can use gnoll fangs well into your 40's, 50's .. its not working like it should... waaaay to efficient for everquest
Old 04-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just to add to this, I decided to test the xp with a character in the 20's. Took my Level 22 High Elf Wizard and turned in 2 Gnoll fangs 1 at a time, first one took me from 67% to 69% and the second one only went from 69% to 70%. Not sure if this is classic or not, as I never hunted in this zone on live past level 14 or 15 but just wanted to add to the information available.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:11 AM
Fire Giant

OK

Did some research here is a few link and post from everlore using way back machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/200208260...de=35&id=98885

**Submited by:*Tanuvan On:*2/26/2001 10:07:23 PM Rank:**

I am a lvl 6 druid and when i gave him 6 gnoll fangs, it almost leveled me to 7th.
its a pretty good exp quest. the bartender doesnt give much exp though.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]'''

:*madalorian On:*11/7/2000 12:14:34 PM Rank:** worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
this is a great quest until lvl18
my lvl8 shaman gets great exp for this quest
just deliver gnoll fangs from bb to the guard
when you don that deliver the moonstones to the man in the back for fish man ale

-------------------------------------------------

http://web.archive.org/web/200105221...ode=35&id=4169

*Larzuk Logic On:*2/12/2001 3:22:29 PM Rank:** worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best

hello Everyone. I will give some good Simple info. You can do 2 Quest with the teeth and there is other one that connects to it when you do one quest total of 3 Quest in 1.

Well 1st Quest is give 3 teeth at a time to the Warrior Trainer (its a Girl). She is located in Hallas. Give her 3 at a Time you get EXP, Factions, And she gives you food, torches, water and some other stuff.

2nd Quest is in Qeynos. Give 1 teeth at a time to captain Tillin on the balcony of the Arena called "The Grounds of Fate". He gives you EXP, Factions, and Mone Stones. If I remmember right every teeth is 1 moonstone.

The 3rd Quest Comes From the MoonStones. Go to the Bar by the Ports Its named Fish Ale. Something like that =). But its by the ports. Give 4 MoonStones to the Bar keeper in the Very Back of the store. (I forget his name). Give him 4 at at a time or 1, 2, 3, or 4 . I suggest 4 Because its Faster. And hi will give you some Beer. 1 stone = 1 Beer then when the beer stacks up you can sell it for 1 PP 3 Gold 7 Silver 4 Cop.
He will give you the Beer and EXP.

*Larzuk Logic On:*2/12/2001 3:22:29 PM Rank:** worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
hello Everyone. I will give some good Simple info. You can do 2 Quest with the teeth and there is other one that connects to it when you do one quest total of 3 Quest in 1.

Well 1st Quest is give 3 teeth at a time to the Warrior Trainer (its a Girl). She is located in Hallas. Give her 3 at a Time you get EXP, Factions, And she gives you food, torches, water and some other stuff.

2nd Quest is in Qeynos. Give 1 teeth at a time to captain Tillin on the balcony of the Arena called "The Grounds of Fate". He gives you EXP, Factions, and Mone Stones. If I remmember right every teeth is 1 moonstone.

The 3rd Quest Comes From the MoonStones. Go to the Bar by the Ports Its named Fish Ale. Something like that =). But its by the ports. Give 4 MoonStones to the Bar keeper in the Very Back of the store. (I forget his name). Give him 4 at at a time or 1, 2, 3, or 4 . I suggest 4 Because its Faster. And hi will give you some Beer. 1 stone = 1 Beer then when the beer stacks up you can sell it for 1 PP 3 Gold 7 Silver 4 Cop.
He will give you the Beer and EXP.

This Quest I think is a great one you get a hell of alot EXP. people under lvl 11 I highly recommend this Quest. I was lvl 13 when I knew about this and I have 93 Teeth lvled me up to lvl 14 and with 87 teeth it gave me 4 1/2 Orange Bubbles. Sweet Quest.

Well thats about It for this Gnoll Fang Quests.
If there is more to it I would like to know.
But this quest for me is no longer worth it I am to high of a lvl for this quest to even give me good EXP. I am lvl 19 now. But I used this quest even when I was lvl 17 and 18 its a good quest. Highly recommend it. This Quest I think is a great one you get a hell of alot EXP. people under lvl 11 I highly recommend this Quest. I was lvl 13 when I knew about this and I have 93 Teeth lvled me up to lvl 14 and with 87 teeth it gave me 4 1/2 Orange Bubbles. Sweet Quest.

Well thats about It for this Gnoll Fang Quests.
If there is more to it I would like to know.
But this quest for me is no longer worth it I am to high of a lvl for this quest to even give me good EXP. I am lvl 19 now. But I used this quest even when I was lvl 17 and 18 its a good quest. Highly recommend it.

-----------------------------------------------------

By far the third section give the most proof in my view that here on p1999 this quest should give very diminished returns on xp after level 18.

Mind you that was 180 gnoll fangs to go from level 13 to 14 and 4 .5 yellow into 14.

According to this guide in wiki : http://wiki.project1999.com/Gosh%27s...oll_Fang_Guide

you can go from 11 to 20 on just 300 fangs this show the quest is giving way way to much XP. It took the above post 180 to go 2 levels almost.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 04-10-2014 at 02:33 AM..
Old 04-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Kobold

Pasted from the thread on the server chat:

I found this on allakhazam.
exceelant
QuoteReply
# Jul 30 2001 at 11:40 AM Rating: Decent
mayhim
25 posts
this is an excellant quest for newbies in quenos...when you get to 5th lvl go to blackburrow and save the fangs (they stack)..and when your not busy or you go to quenoys to sell loot complete it.good exp i went from lvl 6 to lvl 7 with 1 stack (includes doing the moonstone part)

Daldane
9 pally Dwarf

It took this guy an entire stack to go from level 6 to level 7. I also found this

RE: faction and XP
QuoteReply
# Sep 07 2000 at 3:58 AM Rating: Decent
Aindolaf
29 posts
I handed in about 40 fangs at lvl 15, and gained almost 2.5 bubs of exp, this quest is very good exp for lower lvls. Plus the faction you get from the fangs and moonstones is great, as by the time the corrupt guards would want to kill me, I will have already left for newer zones for bigger foes.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Default arise from the nether regions this thread

Le Bumb

Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 05-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Bumb down to page 5 see if get some sniffing at this

Nilbog:

Closed Thread