Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Aviak

Default Does it get easier to land spells at higher levles?

So I've got a 19 enchanter and my experience with resists has been nothing short of hell on earth and it's making playing the class almost impossible. I'm not super twinked but I have 150 charisma. Even when fighting blues it's not uncommon to see multiple resists in a fight. I find when a mob is yellow it becomes almost impossible to land any spells. Normally I don't want to fight yellows but 19 is kind of a bad level for soloing, you're options are pretty much all green or yellow.

A recent example of a typical yellow, charm a blue pet, pull the yellow with tash. Slow - resist, slow - resist, slow sticks, choke - resist, choke sticks, root - resist(5 times) root - lands. Pet dies cause of all the resists but yellow is at 40%. 3x root resists(was going to try to nuke it down). So I give up that idea and go to mez and mem blur. 2x entrall resist and i'm oom.

My experience in groups hasn't been much better. I usually just cast haste and breeze cause nukes are just resisted and are essentially insta taunts even with sk tanks. I like to slow yellows and reds but that doesn't always work well cause a resist or two and I'm tanking, stuns just make the problem worse at that point.

Does it get any better later? Is there anything I can do about all these resists? At this point I feel more productive soloing on my paladin, that's kind of sad.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Cha doesn't dictate resists of choke/slow, it does factor into mez/charm/memblur. Reason you're getting the resists is cause of level. Recommendation: Don't mess with yellows. Level 19.... Orc highway, Orcs in HHP, Unrest...
Old 08-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Ideally you should be fighting things lower than you. Full groups will challenge harder enemies but in general, dark blues en masse are your best bet due to resists (casters), damage mitigation (tanks) and damage output (melee DPS).

They've recently implemented a %chance of resist as a floor meaning you can be resisted on greens, however it's exceedingly rare. At level 19 if you choose to do off highway find yourself a solid derv and charm as practice. The rogue Dervs make for great pets as they will likely be low blue/green and backstab for an enormous increase in DPS.

Check over some of the enchanter guides for tricks and tips.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 08-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Aviak

Orc highway is all green, unrest is way over camped. Even the orcs in kith seem to always have someone camping them.

I don't want to fight yellows and I usually avoid them, but even blues are giving me a good bit of trouble. I've been using my animation now trying to push through to 20 and I just had to run from a blue. Tashed it resisted root twice, slow once, and choke six times in a row. Because of all the lost damage it killed my pet before it was going to run and I ended up oom.

That's why I'm wondering if it gets any better, I'd expect those kind of resists from reds, not debuffed blues.

edit: adding some more info I had decet success charming in lavastorm from 16 to 19 but most things have gone green out there now. I suppose they're probably light blue but it makes determining levels difficult and sending a green against a blue out there could the feasible or suicide depending on the actual levels.
Last edited by yorumi; 08-11-2014 at 08:13 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

I found 19-27 really tough in my enchanter because you're mostly in old world zones that have 15 level range and mobs are very scarce. Find a group and battle through till 29. Shit gets a lot easier then and your options really start to open up.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Nearly forgot about east karana. That place is great till about 24 or so. Start with the wolves and griffawns and move to the crag spiders.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Aviak

That's good to know. Been trying to get groups, keeping my lfg flag on all the time but the problem is group zones and solo zones don't tend to overlap. Kind of sucks cause with the dial a port guys it doesn't take long to get anywhere in the world, guess groups don't want breeze and haste, lol.

I thought about trying EK, it makes me nervous though cause the mobs are so spread out. If I can't throw a charmed mob right at another I get worried. I want to do the crag spiders to level tailoring but they seem to be camped a lot. I'm hoping I can get them at some point.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

EK is great. Mobs aren't spread out either, they're very plentiful. Target blues exclusively, especially lower-level blues (you need to get a sense of whether mobs are high blues or low blues), and you'll be fine. There is no reason to ever fight greens or yellows, especially not if you're soloing. You can definitely find blues to fight.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Fight near the bandit camp against the hill. It's where I've found to be the safest.

In addition, you're a quick strafe run from the guards to the east (near gorge zone line).

Closed Thread