Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Aviak

Try reading the posts, I never once talked about instant gratification, or wanting it to be easy, or not knowing where the camps are, or what quests are available or anything like that. I said exactly the opposite and you're basically treating me like I'm a moron.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Crag Spiders aren't a camp - there are like 8-10 of them roaming all over that area.

If you petitioned, a GM would just tell you to share.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 08-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crag Spiders aren't a camp - there are like 8-10 of them roaming all over that area.

If you petitioned, a GM would just tell you to share.
I would have been fine sharing but apparently I was the only one with the mentality. Kind of hard to share when a high level is pulling every single one and saying "too bad it's not a camp."
Old 08-17-2014, 03:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermicelli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There will be b-holes on Project 1999 and most other points of life, but on P99 they are not the norm.
Uhmmmm, not sure what b-holes are, but pretty sure majority of population is.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Let me know if I have misunderstood the situation, but is a wizard pulling three or four to AoE kite really that much worse in principal than an enchanter pulling two to charm kill?

Your both just pulling the number of mobs that maximise the efficiency of your chosen strategy, the problem being these strategies combined are too efficient for the number of mobs available.

If you feel you should have access to all the mobs you are able to kill because you were there first, how would you feel if a bard was there before you arrive and that bard was kiting most of the zone?

It is important to try see the matter from the other perspective.

There isn't much more than you can do than keep on good terms and negotiate. If the result of those negotiations is they insist all the mobs are a free for all, well that is how you will have to play. Be aware, if they tag a mob you are fighting (or you do the same to them) that is a petionable offence, especially if it happens so much it becomes very disruptive.

Good luck.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:10 AM
Planar Protector

Evil spider farmers!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your both just pulling the number of mobs that maximise the efficiency of your chosen strategy, the problem being these strategies combined are too efficient for the number of mobs available.

If you feel you should have access to all the mobs you are able to kill because you were there first, how would you feel if a bard was there before you arrive and that bard was kiting most of the zone?
Well what's you've exactly described is a camp. It's generally the rule of this game, and expected by everyone that if you're at a camp first you get to pull all the mobs. You don't get to walk into highpass and pull all the orc or gnolls out from under someone just because they walk around a bit. But then you take a spot in EK where all the mobs walk around a very tight area, there's enough around the canyon to realistically support one person. Now suddenly instead of first come first server it's a free for all of whoever can pull the most mobs the fastest regardless of level or when they arrived.

It's not like I'm trying to stake claim to every gorge hound in the entire zone here. We're talking about mobs that never even wander out of your line of sight. I get it this particular location isn't defined as a camp, though that seems kind of arbitrary to me. It's still a rather jerk move to say "well I can pull much faster than the person who was here first, and I know this camp only supports 1 person so I'll just pull everything so they get nothing until they decide to leave."
Old 08-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Orc

I can certainly relate to this thread as I ran into my first jerk the other day.

I was camping the same halfling for 2 hours and some fully twinked Ogre Shadowknight named Heavyweapons comes by and takes it 10 seconds after it spawns then tries to pretend like I'm trying to KS him when I was clearly camping it. He then gave me a list of reasons for why that was ok, one of which included "because I hit it first."

He ran off with no remorse or apology given so tossed him on ignore and moved on but I'm still thankful I managed to go 32 levels before I finally ran into one bad apple.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

You don't need two as a charmer. Grab a dark stalker or a gorge hound, they will last long enough to get the spider down to where you can dot him out. If you're good you can get the exp from the stalker too.

There's also 3 spiders on the far side of the hill, 2 of which wander over towards the beach. Normally the campers dont bother with them, because they are afraid they'll miss a spawn of the four that are over by the ramp.