Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Banned

keep reddit on reddit
Old 06-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Banned

its too mainstream
Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Banned

I didn't think it could get worse than guineapig. I was very wrong.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 AM
Orc

Apparently the quality of willing volunteers has dropped to people who want to feel special more than they want to help the server improve. It shows every time sundawg derps all over the db, or a mod drives more people off of the forum.

When I was running interference handling all of this myself, everyone said the problem wasn't that bad. Now, instead of having someone active in the community as the focal point of controversy, that focus is spilling over to them, and they're realizing that it can take its toll on patience and disposition.

Arguments on R&F that are barely offensive aren't what's causing the server to decline, repeated bad decisions made by being out of touch with the playerbase, and an inability or unwillingness to correctly identify good and bad things for a server.

Criticism will happen whether it's censored or not, and if all contradicting speech is censored, people will speak elsewhere. You've already seen that begin to happen, with the external forum links that were removed. When in the history of this server has that ever happened before? It hasn't. If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthagain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently the quality of willing volunteers has dropped to people who want to feel special more than they want to help the server improve. It shows every time sundawg derps all over the db, or a mod drives more people off of the forum.

When I was running interference handling all of this myself, everyone said the problem wasn't that bad. Now, instead of having someone active in the community as the focal point of controversy, that focus is spilling over to them, and they're realizing that it can take its toll on patience and disposition.

Arguments on R&F that are barely offensive aren't what's causing the server to decline, repeated bad decisions made by being out of touch with the playerbase, and an inability or unwillingness to correctly identify good and bad things for a server.

Criticism will happen whether it's censored or not, and if all contradicting speech is censored, people will speak elsewhere. You've already seen that begin to happen, with the external forum links that were removed. When in the history of this server has that ever happened before? It hasn't. If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve.
Preach on brother man!
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthagain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Boromir has spoken!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:

This server has never suffered from any shortage of bias or censureship going back to day one. Just looks different now that you are on the outside looking in. If you started here without a pocket GM to fight battles for you then you got walked all over by staff working in the interest of whatever group they were part of. Server lost hundreds of people for that reason alone. Just ask reiker before he joined the winning team over there. Him and his crew were summary banned early on so it looks like the smartened up fast and jumped in a guild with some GM support. Server has consistently been a cesspool of corruption since its inception. You either accept it and play anyway or walk away.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Orc

As a polarizing personality and one of the most active staff on the server for about a year, I drew most of it my way. I wasn't saying the criticism is different, I'm absolutely agreeing with you and saying it's the same as it's ever been. What I'm saying was different was that now, they're seeing what it's like to be the focus of it. And now they're making emotional decisions.

It's a different ballgame when you're the one getting beat up daily. And those emotional decisions lead to harmful results. When it's a staff member you can micromanage the interactions. When it's the people running the project, there's no one to give you reality checks except the playerbase.

There's a reason you never take a pulse with your thumb. You'll feel your own pulse instead. In this case, that translates to making bad short term decisions, like setting loose a dipstick with validation issues on a forum to make it less frustrating, at the cost of what facilitates server health.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
like setting loose a dipstick with validation issues on a forum to make it less frustrating, at the cost of what facilitates server
Oh, the irony.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
As a polarizing personality and one of the most active staff on the server for about a year...
No, you were a power tripping, bipolar dick who fucked with people because at the time, you could. Don't make yourself out to be the martyred White Knight. You're an asshole who enjoys being an asshole, and you were fired for it. Go fuck yourself.
Closed Thread