Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Kobold

People jumped to quite a few conclusions in this post.

All I wanted to know is if there are plans for a second server because if there were, I would wait for that to roll a character. If not, I'll roll one now and have a great time. I'm just a little sad that I didn't find out about this server a year ago.

It's not about a "me me me" attitude at all. I'm not worried about being behind on gear, I'm not worried that I won't be twinked, and I'm not worried that people won't want to group with me. I know it is all about the journey and not the destination, but I played EQ from launch day and I remember how wild and new it was when the server was brand new. I remember what a thrill it was to see someone with a Polished Granite Tomahawk or a full suit of bronze, and that part isn't going to be there on a server which already has 60s on it.

I was in one of the top guilds in the world in classic/kunark/velious, but some of my fondest memories were as a lowbie in oasis. I'm looking for the same kind of thing here, since I no longer have the spare time it takes to be in the top tier in this game. However, I'm a little worried that it won't be the same with twinks running around soloing everything.

Anyway, I'm still going to try out p1999 and I am looking forward to it. I was (I hope) obviously not asking for a new server to be made just for me. I just wanted to know if the subject had come up before.

And to the guy who said "I hope Knuckle and the other red vets grief the everliving fuck out of [brand new players]." Way to represent the game; I thought p1999 was supposed to have a good community.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Don't take half of what you read in this thread seriously. There are people that do nothing but troll these boards!

The in-game community is FANTASTIC! Do not let this be the impression of Project 1999!!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamahakki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in one of the top guilds in the world in classic/kunark/velious, but some of my fondest memories were as a lowbie in oasis. I'm looking for the same kind of thing here, since I no longer have the spare time it takes to be in the top tier in this game. However, I'm a little worried that it won't be the same with twinks running around soloing everything.
Not all twinks solo things. Trust me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] there are many, many groups all over the lowbie areas on the server. Oasis is particularly full of groups and not everyone is twinked out. There are quite a few twinks on the server but sometimes if you ask nicely they will let you group with them. I see it every day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Now that lots of folks are hitting 60 they are leveling up their twinks to replace people who are sick of their mains [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
And to the guy who said "I hope Knuckle and the other red vets grief the everliving fuck out of [brand new players]." Way to represent the game; I thought p1999 was supposed to have a good community.
p99 is full of awesome people and is a fantastic community.

And if people grief anyone..just expect karma to catch up.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like twinking is a lot more rampant here than I remember on live.
Yeah it's kinda getting pretty bad here. Too much "I can win" mentality, probably as most play this game as their ALT to their complete boredom with WoW daily win fest (as all WoW players are).

But any way, to the OP. Hope not, we don't need "another" server, but add more hardware to this server would be better. Then it could support more players smoothly as well as more MOB's.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Marc has another great point: get off your ass and make things happen. You can't blame anyone else when YOU aren't having fun. If YOU aren't doing something YOU want to be doing, then YOU change what YOU are doing. ...

What you really want is the adventure of leveling/gearing up, so enjoy that adventure.

The journey is the destination....
Which is why I'd love to have a full group of people together to do stuff in Najena, Befallen, Runnyeye, Gorge, The Guks, The Sols, Kedge, or any <50 Kunark dungeon. But people don't go to these places because it's too much work for items which they can't use (they either have better from their other chars or from EC) and can't sell for much in EC themselves because everyone else has better too.

The ONLY places to consistently find partners/groups from 30-50 is OT-DL. Yay stand outside in a big field with no risk! Boring. Thanks Kunark!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

I'm a54 ranger myself and to come back to eq playing my fav class was great I started lat Jan 2 but I soloed to 51 at the mostpart and now crushing in kc solo grping loving it at 52 I was soloing skelly warlord so I kno tranquil staff is aquireable if I see. It enjoy it it's free and beastass ranger lfg friends dps send me a tell ghostfaces best of best ranger xegony )
Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamahakki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it is all about the journey and not the destination, but I played EQ from launch day and I remember how wild and new it was when the server was brand new. I remember what a thrill it was to see someone with a Polished Granite Tomahawk or a full suit of bronze, and that part isn't going to be there on a server which already has 60s on it.
yea new server rush is gone, but P99 is still an awesome server!
if there was a split (which i doubt) id play it.
just for the points you stated
Old 05-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

Soloed to 50 in banded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Orc

So...op asks an innocent question and is bombed with accusations of being greedy?

Are we really trying to prove that autism is communicable?
Last edited by Gustahn; 05-20-2011 at 11:11 PM..
Old 05-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustahn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So...op asks an innocent question and is bombed with accusations of being greedy?

Are we really trying to prove that autism is communicable?
LOLOLOL
Closed Thread