Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwriter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soloed to 50 in banded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hah yeah that was what I ran my ranger on live with, basic banded. In peq I didn't roll a ranger, since that server is all twink, just the way that is (twink & multiboxed). Here though, finally rolled a new ranger after many years now (though played my ranger up to 4 years ago), and it's really nice starting over with basic equipment again with that class. If I haft to, I'll just solo if that is what it takes to not get my game screwed up by twinked groups. Though I played half my ranger life as a tracker/puller for groups, but whatever.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamahakki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there any plans for a second Project 1999 (blue) server?

Not any different than the first one, just brand new with everyone starting at level 1. I was excited to find out that p1999 existed, but a little disappointed I'm over a year late to the party.

So is there an official stance on this? Yes, eventually? Maybe someday? Definitely never?
Come to think of it, I'd /agree to this if:
1. Only 1 character slot per account.
2. Only 1 account per player.
3. XP 50%to75%, never 100%, never a bonus (i.e. slow XP).
4. Remove common language [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be epic, more like the EQ I remember (Firiona Vie'ish)
Last edited by Daywolf; 05-22-2011 at 08:18 PM..
Old 05-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come to think of it, I'd /agree to this if:
1. Only 1 character slot per account.
2. Only 1 account per player.
3. XP 50%to75%, never 100%, never a bonus (i.e. slow XP).
4. Remove common language [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be epic, more like the EQ I remember (Firiona Vie'ish)
1 and 2 I like, 3 I hate, 4 is interesting but the way languages are learned in EQ would make it kind of pointless IMO.

This is already the slowest XP game on the planet, why would you want it to be slower? There's not enough content to keep it from being boring occasionally as it is, especially in hell levels.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 and 2 I like, 3 I hate, 4 is interesting but the way languages are learned in EQ would make it kind of pointless IMO.

This is already the slowest XP game on the planet, why would you want it to be slower? There's not enough content to keep it from being boring occasionally as it is, especially in hell levels.
Because it's epic, not 1337. Not sure how languages work on eqemu, but on live I had all/most of the languages, acquired from group learning sessions with players. Makes trade real hard until you learn languages meaning you gotta work for it. Slow XP, it's a game not an obstacle course you try to make best time through. If only 1 character, may as well enjoy the ride, grind at various locations rather than trying to power through one. Anyway you would have time as you wait for the progression, and slow XP with only one character would fill that time. 1 and 2 removes most twinking, and with no support characters, requiring you to rely on other players. Hard mode, period.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

problem with eq - is too little actual content to explore and encounters to fight.
Yes it has huge zones like West Karana- which have absolutely nothing in them...
Slow Xp won't be an issue if it would have tons of things to do, so do you not watch your Xp bar all the time, waiting for it to move, as grinding is the only thing you do here.

There is almost no questing - between newbie quests you can do at level 5-10, and high end staff, there is almost nothing in between but grind, grind, grind.

add 10 times more content, and then you can set Xp to 10%.

True game should not be about leveling at all - it should be about PLAYING.
Last edited by Kika Maslyaka; 05-22-2011 at 09:36 PM..
Old 05-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't like to see xp set to 10% imho, 50% to 75% would do fine as we would only have one character to play. 10% I think most would not be able to keep up with progressions, I'm not really suggesting hardcore/power gamer server, just epic. I'd have no problem with removing hell levels if XP was slow, the end result remaining the same for overall time played to cap (though still slower than live or here). True point of slow XP is compensation for only one allowed character, rather than making two or three before the progression. Content is the same whether you roll one or seven characters.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problem with eq - is too little actual content to explore and encounters to fight.
Yes it has huge zones like West Karana- which have absolutely nothing in them...
Slow Xp won't be an issue if it would have tons of things to do, so do you not watch your Xp bar all the time, waiting for it to move, as grinding is the only thing you do here.

There is almost no questing - between newbie quests you can do at level 5-10, and high end staff, there is almost nothing in between but grind, grind, grind.

add 10 times more content, and then you can set Xp to 10%.

True game should not be about leveling at all - it should be about PLAYING.
What are you going on about? The game has metrics tons of content and quests at all levels.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustahn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you going on about? The game has metrics tons of content and quests at all levels.
well, not from my point of view. I been there from 99 till 2004 - aside from a few pieces here and there, it was 90% grind, and only 10% everything else.
The things improved when I got into raiding game, but even then, there was not much to do, other than do same raid runs over and over, and keep collecting very occasional gear upgrades.

Again, at least this is how I feel about, looking 10 year back.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well, not from my point of view. I been there from 99 till 2004 - aside from a few pieces here and there, it was 90% grind, and only 10% everything else.
The things improved when I got into raiding game, but even then, there was not much to do, other than do same raid runs over and over, and keep collecting very occasional gear upgrades.

Again, at least this is how I feel about, looking 10 year back.
You are really admitting to never bothering to look up any quests....

And what is a quest in any mmo than just lieing to yourself that your doing something while grinding? Just search any zone you happen to wander into and see a list of leveled quests. A bunch offering big chunks of xp or huge effort.

EQ is a game of exploration and finding things out yourself, you will never see all the content in a zone on one character as they divided by class/faction.

I think the greater problem is newer games offer a linear railroad of npcs with ! above them offering kill x, that people think is content or not grinding, but it still is.
Last edited by Gustahn; 05-23-2011 at 01:17 AM..
Old 05-23-2011, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
As opposed to what? Let me guess, it's always the argument, as opposed to WoW. Blizzard somehow marketed the idea that grinding 10 minute quests for gold stars is somehow better than what we do in EQ. It's all the rage... so screw EQ because it does not have the superior quest grinding content. EQ needs to be more like WoW, and those that just like the challenge of EQ just need to retire from MMO's because they need to all be like WoW. Am I reading that wrong? That is usually where it goes. Oh and don't let EQ be too hard, cuts into WoW play time then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Daywolf; 05-23-2011 at 01:40 AM..
Closed Thread