I'm looking for the best possible tradeskill place/zone. I'd want:
- baking and brewing supplies
- mask patterns
- a loom
- a bank
- a fletcher
- blacksmithing supplies, with various bricks of ore
- optionnal: metal bars and gems

Any zone will be fine, I'm an ENC and have tons of illusions to deal with faction.
So far I tried 2 cities:
- Freeport: everything is spread on 3 zones, worst TS city so far;
- Neriak: far better than FP, I have to get back to Foreign Quarter for the loom and for brewing. Not found a mask pattern yet.

Crawling throught EQAtlas maps and descriptions, I've found that Rivervale might be a good choice, but it seems that some supplies may be in Misty.

Also High Keep has a good variety of merchants. Kelethin may have everything I'm looking, and pretty tightly packed once you know what bridge to cross to go where you want. Oggok seems to have everything I need too.

Any advice will be welcome.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Halas.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

I've always liked Kelethin, since I can port directly into Gfay on my tradeskill character (Wizard). But I don't do baking or a ton of brewing (up to like 100 skill brewing).

It has medium molds for banded, ore, etc three platforms away from the forge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

I have found that different cities are more suitable to certain tradeskills. And since you can't get more then one tradeskill above 200 per character anyway, it shouldn't be a big issue.

Freeport North is by far the best place to skill up on jewelcraft, you never have to leave the zone.

For cooking just by a spit. You will end up spendign the majority of your skillup time in East Commons making fish rolls. Yup, you heard me right. I'm not giving away more than that.

For pottery Grobb, Halas and Oggok are almost completely equal in terms of being able to skill up as much as possible in classic. If you are a good race you have 1 option. If you are evil the main difference you will notice is that Grobb has the skewers sketches where as Ogguk has sketches for various poison vials. SO after a skill of 31 there is no reason to be in Grobb.

I found that brewing in West Freeport was pretty satisfactory. I used foraged stuff as much as possible while skilling up: vegeratbles, roots, berries, fruit, (even fishing grubs before the temper recipe was removed).

East Freeport has most of the molds and patterns you will need for smithing and sewing but I don't know much more than that. I know I didn't have to leave freeport to make Banded trivial and there is no real point to making fine steel yet.

As a tailor I suggest you hang out where the spiders and animals are because collection that stuff is going to take up the majority of your time. Purchase large sewing kits as they are the best containers available until you finally own some weight reduction bags.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

For fish rolls I would buy a shitload of batwings and head to Felwithe. Down by the water is an oven and the vendor inside the building next to it sells fresh fish. To get batwings, the erudite vendor in EC in the hug by the WC ZL sells them.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For fish rolls I would buy a shitload of batwings and head to Felwithe. Down by the water is an oven and the vendor inside the building next to it sells fresh fish. To get batwings, the erudite vendor in EC in the hug by the WC ZL sells them.
See my previous post. You can by fresh fish in West commons, one zone over from the batwing vendor. It's a straight run from building to building. Hence why I mentioned using the spit. No need to look for an oven while cooking.

Almost forgot fletching. Have not started fletching on P99 yet but on live I never had to leave Gfay for my fletching needs. Should be the same here.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Cool. Did not know about the WC vendor. Good to know. For fletching on live, I used Kelethin as you mention. When Velious came out I switched to Thurgadin tho - Not that that helps anyone here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

I've built most of my fletching skill in EK. I love Fletching vendors that are located in the wild - because you can make arrows then actually use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread