Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Will you be going to EQ Live to play on the new server?
Yes, can't wait! 31 15.50%
No, screw $OE! 137 68.50%
Don't know. 32 16.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

the point is, if someone soley plays to win, then go play progression until the inevitable will come (an expansion someone doesnt like) and most likely quit after as i did on combine back the day.

but if someone actually made friends here and tends to enjoy classic more than live eq then i would stay since P99 is build for the years to come without wow-esque gameplay with pop and beyond on live

and lets not forget that P99-staff said they might release a second P99 server after velious.
Last edited by mitic; 02-07-2011 at 06:15 AM..
Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Orc

Shrug, depends on the community, on the combine you had no choice, the expansions came out pretty fast, here the community at least get to vote.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

sooo, everything is set up and gtg to have some additional entertainment between bosskills on p99 till kunark! emu/live boxing ftw! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is, after you beat all the content, there will be a grace period of first 90 days, then vote, then you have to beat all the content in the next expansion, then vote, then 60 days grace period.

Thats why i estimate a year before people will surpass velious
Probably less than that. I see a few scenarios.

Raid heavy, more hard core players - Those that are in top end raiding guilds are bored with current content or want to try to relive their early EQ days will try it out. With them comes the hardcore mentality whether they realize it or not. They end up maxing levels on multiple toons, creating/joining raiding guilds, etc. They will create enough toons to create their own groups. I know because I used to fit in this category. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Casual players - they will try it out as a novelty, creating one perhaps two toons on the server. Leveling them up at a slower pace due to their schedules, etc. They are not in a rush at all.

Going back to how fast they are going to burn through this server....
Raid heavy, more hard core players usually have multiple accounts. They are going to be bored as hell and want the next expansions to roll out, so they can get server firsts, specific items, quests, etc. You have to remember, none of this is new content. It doesn't need to be figured out. Also, if each account has the right to vote once, they are going to have an advantage to those more casual players that only have 1 account, or even forget to log in during a voting period.

To each their own, but I didn't enjoy the last set of progression servers they had and I am thoroughly enjoying p1999. Take it as you may. Hopefully they rolled back the experience bumps they put in a few years ago. At least they should if they want this server to last a while.
Last edited by moklianne; 02-07-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Closed Thread