Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 12-13-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you are barding right Troxx...

Here is Tranix dead in 7min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLNfDQ4cQ9w and many more sub 10min kills https://www.youtube.com/@melatuninth...oso3659/videos

Summoning mobs are soloable by bards and you don't need selos to achieve greatness!

Believe in yourself.
I haven’t barded in years and my bards gear level is best defined as: thurg quest gear and the rest is “meh”. I have no interest in trophy solo kills on my bard.

If I want to solo something worthwhile, I’ve got a bag full of level 60s that can do it more efficiently.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-13-2023, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

My first character here was an enchanter. One thing I enjoyed about solo challenges on the bard is personally I had more more joy of discovery on my bard than on my enchanter.

On the enchanter I got the basics from Tecmos's videos and picked up some more tips watching streamers like Sugz or Nybras. If I didn't know a camp, there was often another enchanter at it that I could talk to or watch.

If I didn't know a camp on the bard, instead of finding a bard there to help me I was more likely to have someone watch me figure it out, curious because they hadn't seen a bard to it.

I think the amount of gear-check is about right for motivation if you enjoy the class. You can do some without much gear, and if you gear the bard it significantly helps. That said I'm also sure I'm not the only p99er that has had the thought "it looks like it would have been fun if I had built a monk and spent all my dkp there."
Old 12-13-2023, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like a geared sk with willsapper could do circles around bard solo with far less apm. Cool vid tho. Troll sk with epic proc/fungi/ring 10 is like 87/tick as well.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

It’s always nice seeing people who love their class pushing it. I don’t think most would argue a bard is the most optimal class for something like this. But skill wise I don’t think it’s any less impressive than a meta solo class killing something equally as difficult for them.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like a geared sk with willsapper could do circles around bard solo with far less apm. Cool vid tho. Troll sk with epic proc/fungi/ring 10 is like 87/tick as well.
yes because FD

just like blur for enc...having no "oh shit" button cuts any class off at the knees
Old 12-14-2023, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder what a sk can kill that a bard can't. I do think sk can face tank some beefier stuff. Maybe most relevant in chardok, can a bard solo something like kennelmaster or overseer, I think an sk can?
Old 12-14-2023, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

There's a video of an SK soloing 22.
I think chardok stuff would be hard to bard,no room to kite and mostly too high level to mez + heal
Old 12-14-2023, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

How much does willsapper lr cost
My paladin needs
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior