Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Default The estate of Unrest - Lava pool

Dear Developers,

there are a few spots in the basement of this zone where it is very easy to get stuck - and uneasy to get un-stuck even with the use of /rewind.

I include a picture of the particular area of the zone, this behaviour is seen in the lower corners of both pits next to the fake-lava pool, with one mob in each one.

If one jumps through the fake floor into the pits and lands into a corner theres a >25% chance of getting stuck, in my experience and some of my grouping companions. On one occasion one buddy had to ask a GM for help a few times.

The expected behaviour would be that the player could just walk freely and use the ladders while being pounded on by a mob.

I tried keeping the post short and to the point, if something is missing please PM and I'll be happy to provide more details or repeat the happening playing my own character.

Thank you for your hard work and this great gaming experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQstuck-overlayed.jpg (13.7 KB, 79 views)
Old 11-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

im not sure if thats something that can even be fixed, it seems like an issue with the client
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

this has happened to me and is really annoying, has led to quite a few deaths there
Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

working as intended. if you fall down a pit, you most likely experienced some physical damage which prevents you from climbing back up said ladder.

classic at its best

(but seriously, I used to get stuck there on live- if they couldnt fix it by now, I doubt we can. Only thing that ever works for me there is spamming duck, sit, jump.)
Old 11-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

Personally I tend to get stuck behind the ladder, sometimes while ducking so I can't even fight back/gate when that damn mushroom is beating on me.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
working as intended. if you fall down a pit, you most likely experienced some physical damage which prevents you from climbing back up said ladder.
The matter is that you get stuck in a spot and you can't walk around - your movement is restricted to turning around.

It can take 30+ seconds of being nailed to the corner before spamming all key combinations gets you lose. I wouldn't call that "working as intended" unless its the intention of a cruel game developer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: I have not experienced this behaviour after any drop in other place in Norrath, be it lower drops or higher drops (which produce less or more physical damage.
Last edited by Pep; 11-03-2012 at 07:23 AM..