Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Aviak

Default Call of the Hero no longer clear agro

I tryed clearing agro from Sebilian Protector 3 time with call of the hero but it failed.

I did not see anything in patch note about changing Call of the hero.

Maybe it was meant to be or maybe not.

Thank you for your time )
Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

For about 8 months, CotH has required a minimum distance of 500 units to have a chance to clear aggro.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Kobold

No, please fix.

Does not clear any agro anywhere anymore. Signature spell, my favorite toon ever, please help and fix it.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This message is hidden because Doctor Jeff is on your ignore list.
Can't tell, but probably something cranky and petty. Get help jeff
Old 07-21-2017, 05:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, you know him so well.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He, for once, was actually just being on topic instead of being an abrasive sociopath with an inferiority complex.

A shame you missed that one time!
Old 07-22-2017, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He, for once, was actually just being on topic instead of being an abrasive sociopath with an inferiority complex.

A shame you missed that one time!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For about 8 months, CotH has required a minimum distance of 500 units to have a chance to clear aggro.
where did you get the 500 range from?
only post about range I can find is:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...05276661247056

"It is useful but it has rules. It is a must, though. One of the class defining spells we get, and very useful in many situations.

It will summon a group member to you. You have to have the group leader be an "anchor" at zoneline or wherever you are pulling people FROM. They invite a person to group, then you cast CoH to bring them to you. When everyone is assembled, pull the anchor last.

A couple of high level zones have CoH disabled (Plane of Sky comes to mind) so that you "don't skip important content".

Another important thing this spell does is clear aggro. If a tank gets in trouble or a puller gets too many, they can call for a CoH and you can summon them to you safely and without anything still mad at it. The target has to be further than 200ft away or the aggro will remain."

basicly just outside most normal spell range for wizard nukes, druid heals etc etc

100/200 number has been used by verant for other spells so....
but has the 500 range number ever been used ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 07-24-2017, 08:04 PM
Skeleton

Tested a few distances, seems only leash distance breaks aggro, so it wasn't a unit distance nerf- just don't break aggro at all. In addition to not breaking aggro, it adds the mage to the threat list.

Quote:
This isn't right, intended or not. I've stood less than 200 away from a fight, dismissed pet and coth'd myself to clear aggro, perhaps one month ago. Have cleared boss aggro on tanks less than 100 away from myself within the last three months as well, to cycle disciplines. Monks have run all the way back to camp and feigned, then asked for a coth to clear aggro while laying under my feet. Worked like a charm.

Now I can coth a feigned monk without risking my own neck, but as soon as he pops up the mobs re-aggro them (unless path'd back), next to me or distant.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

It sounds like someone's butt is hurt.