Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

I used to think rangers could be pretty beneficial to a group even with the penalty, but after reading through this thread, I think I'll pass on them next time. The whining isn't doing them any favors either.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're either optimal or you aren't.
Or you are optimal within the constraints placed on you (by funds, by your idea of fun, by classes available, camps available, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're either here to group or to level as fast as possible.
Sure, primary goal is to group. But that doesn't mean you'll fill 6th slot in your sub-optimal group randomly without taking what would best help you.

Quote:
bringing up dislike for a class just makes you look stupid
Generally, it's not that people dislike rangers. It's just that most other classes have abilities that make them more wanted than rangers.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Generally, it's not that people dislike rangers. It's just that most other classes have abilities that make them more wanted than rangers.
Generally, it's not that people dislike dogshit. It's just that most other substances have qualities that make them more palatable than dogshit.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to think rangers could be pretty beneficial to a group even with the penalty, but after reading through this thread, I think I'll pass on them next time. The whining isn't doing them any favors either.

Generally, it's not that people dislike dogshit. It's just that most other substances have qualities that make them more palatable than dogshit.
I used to think you might not be an asswipe.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

This thread is pretty much RnF now, if it hasn't been already. I'm done.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is pretty much RnF now, if it hasn't been already. I'm done.
Sooo... when all else fails, try to flametard a thread to send it to another forum? wtg. They shouldn't move the thread, they should just delete your posts heh.

As for your comments against the ranger class, just absurd. Unless you are talking about yourself not playing one... might be smart move.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sooo... when all else fails, try to flametard a thread to send it to another forum? wtg. They shouldn't move the thread, they should just delete your posts heh.

As for your comments against the ranger class, just absurd. Unless you are talking about yourself not playing one... might be smart move.

Can we please have a discussion about ALL hybrids without resorting to personal attacks?

If you don't like the points I bring up, provide counter evidence.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
personal attacks
Still at it, eh? Criticizing your posts == personal attacks. You're a jumble of text? lol
As for smart moves, yes if insisting ranger is somehow tank worthy (as your posts say), yep smart move is just play something to actually tank efficiently if not playing the ranger for what it does best at.

---

My personal reason I first rolled a ranger (started in the original postage stamp client) was I just liked archery and ranger was master of the bow. Too bad SOE never concocted a true archer class, such as an arcane archer. I have fun with my lowbie ranger here though, conquering fay. Takes some determination to get through the hell levels with a ranger.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Can we please have a discussion about ALL hybrids without resorting to personal attacks?
Why are you even responding to the guy who says that math is wrong because of anecdotal crap he "remembers" from 15 years ago?

Also, a dude.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why are you even responding to the guy who says that math is wrong because of anecdotal crap he "remembers" from 15 years ago?
hah that's a good one, totally bypassing actuality. So p99 is actually a hybrid server, nothing like original live? Tactics all different and everything? The only difference between this here now and back then is it's far easier to twink yourself here ...and also true for the tanks and everyone else so it equals out leaving that gap. At least in that you got through hell levels a little faster etc. But no, cheal is still a waste, rangers still suck heal mana like crazy, no matter how you play with numbers. And it's a distortion to say 15 years ago, as if I only forum here and not actually play on p99, and PEQ regularly since early-early beta btw. And if you actually read what you are replying to, he gave up and is trying to push the thread to RnF rather than allowing others to have a discussion here, which is pretty sad.