Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I HATE ME SUM RANGER

Sk's too, big stinky doofuses, and the Paladins prancing around flashing light in your eyes like a bunch a damned poofs, trying to touch you in your special place. ITS DISGUSTING

Now, how bout a Monk? Or Rogue? Yeah buddy get ya some tasty doings there. You can be exactly like all the cool kids. Pressing dat 'A', flopping around on the ground, trying to come up with a name thats like stabby or pointy or Kung fu or something, now THATS living. Groups? Yar, all you want, in all the BEST PLACES. You know, the standard places that you get made fun of if you don't go to. Now thats sum EQ right there.
I grouped with 3 rogues last night: Stabbish, Roguette, and Akilla
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 07-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

If there's 1 hybrid in group im okay with that

2 hybrids in group? I contemplate what I am doing with my life.

3 I insta-disband.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The kind of hybrid seems to matter a lot more. I've yet to see a SK or bard turned down because they're a hybrid. On the other hand the ranger competes with every other DPS class out there so groups have a lot more room to be picky about it.
SKs get turned down quite a bit, mainly because their XP penalty is the highest (most i've seen are Iksar/Troll). Bards usually don't get turned down, because they're unique.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I grouped with 3 rogues last night: Stabbish, Roguette, and Akilla
We had 4 rogues [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there's 1 hybrid in group im okay with that

2 hybrids in group? I contemplate what I am doing with my life.

3 I insta-disband.
Noted.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

They should just remove the penalty now.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh the one that started with 'War' as well. He kept pulling from me.

I'll give you this, I bet rangers keep aggro better than a monk until 50.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 07-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha yes, I was in that group - good times. 4 rogues:
Stabbish
Roguette
Allisha
Warpsawn

I think fadetree is being facetious though - its a comment on min-maxing leading to masses of monks and other popular race/class combos swarming all of the popular zones in an attempt to fast track to the end-game (instead of enjoying a unique character and attempting some of the darker reaches of Norrath).

Im sometimes guilty of min-maxing (like with my rogue), but I also take a bit of pride in setting out with unique goals such as leveling entirely in dungeons, or forming groups for some of the empty zones.

Anyway, to comment in response to the OP: having leveled several hybrids over the years, Ive found that each character needs to develop a close-knit set of friends. Yes, guild helps and being a min-max class/race helps, but the most important aspect is getting along with folks that like to have you around and will join/send invites when it comes time to group up.

The flip side of that is that even at 1k+ people, most others online are interacting within their respective circles and inviting/joining their friends, leaving very little room for someone sitting LFG unless they are desperate. Sure, plenty of times being in the right place at the right time helps, but greatest advantage you have for getting groups is people knowing (and liking) you. So get online, reconnect with old acquaintances and dust that ranger off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

After avoiding grouping with various hybrids and expressing my distaste for them (well, I was a druid initially and it was really easy to get awesome xp without anyone else) I made a pally on blue recently.. after about 30ks worth of twinking a pally is quite a liveable class up to level 10 at least [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would say my newly invested hybrid alt was in part Stinkum's fault.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=108428
Last edited by Laugher; 07-10-2014 at 05:38 PM..
Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha yes, I was in that group - good times. 4 rogues:
Stabbish
Roguette
Allisha
Warpsawn

I think fadetree is being facetious though - its a comment on min-maxing leading to masses of monks and other popular race/class combos swarming all of the popular zones in an attempt to fast track to the end-game (instead of enjoying a unique character and attempting some of the darker reaches of Norrath).

Im sometimes guilty of min-maxing (like with my rogue), but I also take a bit of pride in setting out with unique goals such as leveling entirely in dungeons, or forming groups for some of the empty zones.

Anyway, to comment in response to the OP: having leveled several hybrids over the years, Ive found that each character needs to develop a close-knit set of friends. Yes, guild helps and being a min-max class/race helps, but the most important aspect is getting along with folks that like to have you around and will join/send invites when it comes time to group up.

The flip side of that is that even at 1k+ people, most others online are interacting within their respective circles and inviting/joining their friends, leaving very little room for someone sitting LFG unless they are desperate. Sure, plenty of times being in the right place at the right time helps, but greatest advantage you have for getting groups is people knowing (and liking) you. So get online, reconnect with old acquaintances and dust that ranger off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dog, we had like 6 mobs outside vp in window at the same time. Ain't got time to be fucking off in whatever level 30 areas you may be in. Need dem rogues PARKED.
Closed Thread