Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there's 1 hybrid in group im okay with that

2 hybrids in group? I contemplate what I am doing with my life.

3 I insta-disband.
You should learn how xp works in this game. It's on the wiki. Go read.

Also, a dude.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh the one that started with 'War' as well. He kept pulling from me.

I'll give you this, I bet rangers keep aggro better than a monk until 50.
And after, if casting is added in. spamming Snare+flamelick+dps = more or less perma aggro. A maxed rogue or a well geared and knowledgable monk can grab it occasionaly, but they won't keep it. Different story if I'm out of mana.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

I've got a Paladin who is 38 or so now, and mostly I've had no issues getting groups. From what I can tell hybrids are great leveling xp group tanks especially if you have an epic rogue in the group. That being said don't expect to be of much use for higher end content, minus taking death touches that is.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

confirmed only way to get a ranger to 60 is three boxing.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Methinks hybrid hate and ranger hate are two different stories.
Lol
Old 07-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Halfway through 52 as a bard ... Would be 55 with a class/race with no xp penalty.

... and I take a portion of the xp the size of a level 55 in all groups I join. I suppose I could cheese my way to 60 kiting in BW but I'd prefer to play the game. At least I'm not a ranger and groups have a reason to invite me.

They just need to remove the xp penalty now given how long kunark has been out and how close velious allegedly is.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a Paladin who is 38 or so now, and mostly I've had no issues getting groups. From what I can tell hybrids are great leveling xp group tanks especially if you have an epic rogue in the group. That being said don't expect to be of much use for higher end content, minus taking death touches that is.
At the end of the day, good players are good players though. Corova's a useless touchpad(trackball?) using fuck no doubt, but, he sows people, gets secondary, takes charms / dts, handles officer shit. As hard as it is to admit, he pulls his own. He does melee for some reason though instead of spothealing the tank, but at least he's good for a LOH sometimes :P
Old 07-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Aviak

I could get behind removing this penalty. I belong in the camp of sometimes changes should correlate more with the time than the content it was released with. Due to obvious distortions in the time frame here.

I'm curious to hear what opponents have to say about holding onto the penalty?
Old 07-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had 4 rogues [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You Epic rogues grow on trees in CoM. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Hella fun watching that exp fly with all that dps!
Old 07-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Ranger here. Started my own groups or comandeered others in MM lvls 20-39. Got good with harmony/camo/bind sight/pathing and could take camps that people usually never touched when pond/GY/CE was taken. Never really had much of a problem LFG... Either that or pull out all stops and be social. People will usually dgaf penalty if you establish yourself as their bro. In my time in MM, I've had multiple people say I should charge for my pulling as a ranger.

Worst of it was a guy who already established himself as an asshole trying to take a camp solo that my group had for 5 hours while we wiped 4 minute earlier. We said he was welcome to join but replied "Naw man, rangers take my exp."

CoM is a bit worse, especially with all the 50+ soloing lvl 40 camps, and powerlevelers/shaman+monk duos taking the rest. But starting groups and chain pulling in EJ with track (Only 10% less ZEM than CoM!) is a pretty easy alternative. Same with asking people to just make retard groups until they find a real one with a no-hard-feelings clause on leaving can sometimes lead to a solid group. I remember some of the best EXP i've gotten was ranger, rogue, iks monk, iks monk, bard fear kiting on the bridge at CoM ent. Meanwhile the WORST group I'd been in was ranger(tank built), enchanter, cleric, rogue, rogue, rogue(Enchanter was chain mezzing the mobs its animation was attacking, cleric had a bad attitude and two of the rogues were on netflix duty most of the time. Other rogue and me were crying) A rag-tag, atypical group that knows how to play goes much further than a hyper efficient built team of retards.

Just gotta be creative. Break the meta.

That all being said, I have no idea what being a hybrid is like 50+.
Last edited by sox7d; 07-11-2014 at 03:26 PM..
Closed Thread