Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Large Rat

Guides name is Menden. He is on these forums under that name. I am only relaying the information he told me today in game.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Check out kurns tower in field of bone. Some of the best exp in the game at your level range. And lots of bone chips you can later sell to players.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check out kurns tower in field of bone. Some of the best exp in the game at your level range. And lots of bone chips you can later sell to players.
Thats actually where i ended up heading! saw that there was a crazy xp bonus and finally got my brother to start a char and he chose an iksar! I got wrecked in friona (sp?) by a spider on the way though! Longest corpse run so far lol
Old 02-19-2017, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdrizzt275 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The group claimed to report me after i started pulling a single mob, so i put a petition in game to just ask someone this question pretty much. Just wanted to let everyone here know the guide informed me the rules are different for indoor and outdoor locations. You can only claim a camp indoors like a dungeon. Outdoors like in Steamfront where i was getting so frustrated you can only claim a single spwn point for a mob the others are "FTE" which he had to explain is first to encounter. So in my case of a "camp" the guide explained the mino camp(4 spwn) by LF as follows. His group could have claimed 1 mino, i could have claimed 1, and the other two would be "FTE". Hopes this helps out others on there adventures in eq.
Regardless of true or not - do you want to be "that" guy? Thats a jerk move unless you talk to them and they agree this will always end with you looking like an ahole - move on theres a whole world out there and places you could go
Old 02-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

FYI most people here are pretty friendly, if you /w all (zone) and ask someone if they can do a camp check for you and let you know if a certain camp is taken, they usually do it. I always do it when people ask, nobody has ever turned me down either unless they were just straight up afk or ignored me (which is fine by me, I miss shit all the time).

Saves you from porting 'cross the world and going for a specific camp. FYI, don't limit yourself to only wanting to do a specific camp. You'll drive yourself nuts. Open yourself up to do anything, and if you get something you like more... then that's a win! Can't expect everything to be catered to you in this game, it's not like newer games where everything is catered to you. I don't think EQ would be enticing at all to play if there were instances and everything was easy to farm.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think EQ would be enticing at all to play if there were instances and everything was easy to farm.
You don't have to think it - that experiment has been done with a large sample space: WoW.

SPOILER: It sucks.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:12 PM
Large Rat

My 16 Druid checked out Eruds Island on Sunday. There was a 12 Necro and myself killing wisps. At 16 they are all green but do give a tiny bit of experience. I only killed for about a half hour, had massive lag from my internet connection, but got 2 greater lightstones and one reg lightstone. I plan to go back during the week and fill each bag with stones and then do the quest in North Karana.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

I spent level 12-17 with my Druid in NRO killing desert and dune tarantulas and sand scarabs. You can jump over to Oasis and start charming crocs and get into a croc group or orc highway group.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

I don't really pay attention to the rules too much. In your case you were outnumbered and out leveled by the campers. You had little chance of getting decent exp or loots.

While there are rules, most of the time it's more about logistics and force.

Glad to hear you made it to kurns. Stay there till 20. Then head directly to Lake of I'll Omen.
Closed Thread