Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Default Gauging Interest: Open HoT Raids

Wish your guild did HoT more?
Not in a guild?
Don't wanna spend hard earned DKP on HoT armor?
Do you know the muffin man?
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Hi folks,

Adjusting to my "more leisurely" playstyle. Aka ragequitting my EQ fam and not knowing wtf to do with myself.

I'm considering putting together a public, optionally batphoneable HoT raid force. I've seen lots of good ideas on how loot is handled that I'd like to mash up. Open to feedback!

The goal here is gear people up -- not farm things for selling, although there will 100% be items won that will go for sale. Breakdown inc...
  • Folks would "sign up" to be included. Raid formations would be communicated via Discord (so you can use it as a batphone alert if you'd like).
  • Level restrictions will probably be put in place, pending interest and what we need. Aka a L55 Cleric can add significant value whereas a L55 Wizard is going to sit on his thumb the whole time. We're looking for efficiency, not zerg.

My favorite loot system so far with some tweaks:
  1. You may choose 1 "primary" and 2 "secondary" items upon arrival
  2. If an item drops, all raid members who have selected it as primary may roll
  3. If nobody has chosen the item as primary, all secondary electors may roll
  4. If the item is on nobody's primary or secondary list, it becomes an FFA roll

Whatever your method of winning the drop, it is yours to do with as you wish. Wear it, MQ it to an alt, TunnelQuest it, destroy it, whatever. It's yours.

5. Item selections will be blind, meaning you will not see what others have chosen with one exception. The idea is to encourage people to select the pieces they really need instead of "what did nobody pick so I can get that and sell it." The exception will be the person holding the spreadsheet recording everyone's selections. Theirs must be public to avoid funnybusiness.
  6. I'd also like to see a cooldown on drop eligibility. Aka if we're raiding for 4 hours, and JohnnyMcTankster comes in and wins a Plate BP, I don't want the people sitting there for 4 hours to lose their marbles. Have to think more on this.

Curious if there's any interest in this.

Tankoos,

Soeki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoc1
Offering a 10k bounty for Soeki's or Jigoku's suspension pm me logs of GM discussion and fraps link to collect

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 02-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

my VERY small guild would be interested - there's 4-5 of us depending on the day:

monk (60), rogue (56), shaman (57), enchanter (55), cleric (55)

The non-60s are currently pushing for 60.

I wonder if there are other small guilds that would be interested...
Old 02-21-2017, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my VERY small guild would be interested - there's 4-5 of us depending on the day:

monk (60), rogue (56), shaman (57), enchanter (55), cleric (55)

The non-60s are currently pushing for 60.

I wonder if there are other small guilds that would be interested...
That's kinda the point :P

If it goes well, we can pop some other raid targets that aren't insta killed. I have some ideas, but we'll start with HoT, see if that gets off the ground.

Quote:
Offering a 10k bounty for Soeki's or Jigoku's suspension pm me logs of GM discussion and fraps link to collect

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 02-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

What day/time timezone are you thinking these would happen?
Ssepticbank - Trader <Azure Guard>
Old 02-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

I'm down to provide premium fire support for west / ent mobs. Not so much HoT. And goes for anyone willing to give me a shot at Kael chain legs.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

I'm interested. 53 necromancer, I know for sure I could bring a couple friends to these.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm down to provide premium fire support for west / ent mobs. Not so much HoT. And goes for anyone willing to give me a shot at Kael chain legs.
Every time you post I think your avatar is Smurfette mooning everyone. Then I realize those are her knees, and not asscheeks, and I'm a filthy minded creep.

Quote:

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 02-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoekiWiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every time you post I think your avatar is Smurfette mooning everyone. Then I realize those are her knees, and not asscheeks, and I'm a filthy minded creep.
Holy shit. TIL
Old 02-21-2017, 02:34 PM
Aviak

This sounds like a good time.
You have my interest.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froakula [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What day/time timezone are you thinking these would happen?
I typically play after 5/6PM Eastern during the week. I'm also known to sit there all day on weekends if nothing else comes up.

To start, we'd probably be looking into these timeframes.

Ultimately, I'd love to build a network of people which will hopefully include other folks who can step up to the plate and run the gig in my absence.

It's looking like the primary candidates for this type of get together are folks in the smaller guilds and non-raiding guilds, aka some DAP Wizzies / Druids, the folks from Paradox as the other guy mentioned, etc.

I've bumped into some Veloci Shift members in my exp'ing on my Enchanter, I feel like they'd be good candidates as well.

Anyone happen to be familiar with the L60 non A/A scene? I only know my broskies and seesters from my time spent amongst the ranks of Aftermath, some of whom I plan on inviting personally.

Quote:

Uyan <Aftermath>
Closed Thread