Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Merchants

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 11:22 PM
Orc

Default Armors should be made available to HEF (Halfelf) in Kelethin

It seems most armors selling from merchants or dropping in CB were not made available for HEF race. Please review. I was frustrated playing a HEF bard and found nothing that I can upgrade my armor.

My suggestion is to add the HEF race attribute to all the merchant items that are usable by ELF currently (at least). In addition, make the drops in CB to be wearable by newbie HEF (Halfelf) as well That would solve the problem.
Last edited by dragonicalien; 12-30-2016 at 11:25 PM..
Old 01-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

There are mechanics that discourage people from being half-elves for a reason. Go live in Freeport, they are more tolerant of your alternative lifestyle there.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:31 PM
Orc

If this is the case, then the option of starting Half Elf in Kelethin should be removed. What's the point of letting newbie to start in a city that there is no armor for them to wear? If the armor can be wear by human and even evil races, then what's the reason behind to exclude the race that has the closest blood to Elf?

Take a look here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Kelethin

City Races: Wood Elf, Half Elf
Guilds: Bard, Druid, Ranger, Rogue, Warrior
Tradeskill Facilities: Brew Barrel, Forge, Kiln, Oven, Pottery Wheel
Related Quests: See Greater Faydark Quests
Adjacent Zones: Greater Faydark
Last edited by dragonicalien; 01-01-2017 at 11:35 PM..
Old 01-02-2017, 04:26 AM
Fire Giant

The server isn't about current game logic. It's about replicating the game as it was for the era it existed in. People who played in classic up to Velious that made Half Elf characters had a couple of options for armor on all of Faydwer. There are merchants in Kelethin that sell medium sized cloth and leather armors that I know for a fact. Aside from that, players back in the day either made patchwork armor from the very few cat spawns to be found in Steamfont, or they got a smith to make them banded armor, or they simply departed for Freeport on a boat.

Move to resolved, please.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:34 AM
Orc

It sounds like the size is the matter and there is no work around. I agree with we should maintain the P99 server as the old EQ servers. The old server could be buggy as well, so do we still keep the bug flowing because of that? It's OK to move this to resolve if the majority agree, I have no problem with it since I already passed the newbie phase.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonicalien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like the size is the matter and there is no work around. I agree with we should maintain the P99 server as the old EQ servers. The old server could be buggy as well, so do we still keep the bug flowing because of that? It's OK to move this to resolve if the majority agree, I have no problem with it since I already passed the newbie phase.
Yes, if there's a bug in classic it should be preserved here as this is a classic server.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:13 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Enchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, if there's a bug in classic it should be preserved here as this is a classic server.
Are you kidding? Even the bugs should be preserved? I believe that there were some fixes for P99 aside from the original version. If EQ were to continue from that branch in year 1999, the bugs will still continue to be fixed (not new features). Just an example, I remember that the monk's hand 2 hand has been changed to 1hb instead, is this true? Also, I recall that there was no weapon damage cap pre-level 10 or so...
Old 02-14-2017, 10:24 AM
Orc

That's fine. Please move it to resolve.
Closed Thread