Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Kobold

Default Petition for same IP?

Hey -

Completely new to P99 as of 24 hours ago. (waiting on Pantheon).

Question, and certainly not a complaint just trying to understand. How long is the ETA on posting for a petition on same IP 2 accounts?

Wife and I would like to play together, and I submitted a petition 2 hours ago. Just trying to get a sense of timing if at all possible.

Thank you in advance.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Kobold

Ugh sorry just noticed the sticky. Please remove.

Sorry again.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Orc

It's been 4 days for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Have you heard back?
Old 02-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Orc

I resorted to using my cell data (tether) to get my daughter up and running on the same server while we wait... Kind of annoying that those who choose to cheat ruin it for us honest folk.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrzep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I resorted to using my cell data (tether) to get my daughter up and running on the same server while we wait.
That is very dangerous. I strongly recommend you wait for the ip exemption.
You may think what you're doing is innocent and it probably is. But over the years very, very bad apples have abused things such as this to cause harm to the server is various outside the box ways.
I urge you to not continue recommending this to people.?

Never bump a petition unless you are adding more information to it.
Staff apparently do ip exemptions in batches, so just wait patiently. There may be people who really need it and others who do not really need it clogging the process.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 02-14-2017 at 01:21 PM..
Old 02-15-2017, 07:09 PM
Orc

I understand how 1 in 10,000 people "2 box" or whatever it's called, however, I cannot be stand the thought of being penalized because of them.

Of course it's innocent, what good would having a lvl 5 run around with a lvl 16 be? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But really, sorry for the recommendation if it's frowned upon. I really just wanted a way to jam on the server w/ my daughter. Kids have short attention spans - had to get her while the interest was there.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrzep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand how 1 in 10,000 people "2 box" or whatever it's called, however, I cannot be stand the thought of being penalized because of them.
Much more common than that, and well it's not your choice to be "penalized" or not. Those are the established rules for the server.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:27 AM
Orc

Ok... I'm certain I'm not the first one to think of using cell data. Again, my apologies for suggesting that two players in a household do have an option while awaiting a seemingly long process for a simple approval.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:28 AM
Orc

If I were "a baddie" - I would've probably kept this "secret" close to the chest... This thread seems like much ado about nothing, no?
Old 02-16-2017, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe everything is handed to you up in your State. But here in p99 you wait. Til then Tether or VPN.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread