Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Large Rat

Default First impressions from a new player

Since joining Project 1999, i have been messing around with various classes while trying to settle into the one I want to focus on. Over the last few nights, I have been playing a hafling druid named Makuni. I haven't asked anyone for anything, except once and I'll get to that later, I simply run around in Misty Thicket and swat stuff with a stick. Its the joy of being a low level toon.

Each night that I have played, random people have stopped by to buff me...SOW, STR, Clarity, Thorns....the list goes on.

Now I come to my one request. I had to deliver a letter to a deputy out by the wall and arrived to find all of the deputies dead. A group of players had them camped and were slaughtering them as quickly as they spawned. I honestly dreaded asking the group to allow me to turn in my letter but I did it. I excepted to be met with rude remarks, some comment about it being their camp or something along those lines. I was amazed to get a quick reply of "sure, go for it."

I've been so impressed with the server, and talked about it enough, that I think my better half is going to join me in game. (That's a good thing) So...to the group that owned the camp and to all of you random run-by-buffers, thank you.

--
Gnitch
Old 02-15-2017, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome to P99!

Glad you're enjoying it so far. The experience from 1-60 is pretty great. People are generally really friendly and helpful and there are lots of groups to be had if you're feeling social.

My only advice is to not rush your way to level 60. The raid scene is pretty toxic and the journey to max level is where the real fun lies.

Good luck out there!
Old 02-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

all of us that were late teens early 20's assholes in 1999-2001....kill stealers, ninja looters....we grew up and became a little nicer. its a lot of fun to be here.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Aviak

Misty Thicket is a magical place to level!
With a bank so close to druid rings, a lot of traffic ends up flowing through.

As a once low level halfling druid who was the benefactor of drive-by buffs, growing up to return the favor to the next generation of druids and new players has been a pleasure.

Welcome to P99!
Old 02-15-2017, 04:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Misty is one of the best newbie zones in the game, by far.

Hey Conn.....I live there, SE near New London....where you at?
Old 02-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

glad you are enjoying the game!
Old 02-19-2017, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Most of us are OK here on p99. I can't speak for the raid scene which is nothing something you will need to worry about for a long while. It never hurts to ask people in the zone for help or if you have questions!
Closed Thread