Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Humans on P99 can see as well as anyone else. It's a client thing which devs can't change.
True that classic human night-sight is no longer a thing.

Turning the in-game gamma up to 80% effectively neutralizing vision disparities doesn't count though.

Unless I've got some sort of brain damage (which is more than likely) I can see a STARK difference between my Human's unaided sight and my Half-Elf's Infravision. Half-Elf can cast Chill Sight Ultravision too, which is again noticeably better than Infravision.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True that classic human night-sight is no longer a thing.

Turning the in-game gamma up to 80% effectively neutralizing vision disparities doesn't count though.

Unless I've got some sort of brain damage (which is more than likely) I can see a STARK difference between my Human's unaided sight and my Half-Elf's Infravision. Half-Elf can cast Chill Sight Ultravision too, which is again noticeably better than Infravision.
There's still a difference - you just don't have the near blindness that used to exist for races without vision buffs.

Definitely remember my first "night" in Toxx forest on my erudite magician... Couldn't see anything!

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsumo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's still a difference - you just don't have the near blindness that used to exist for races without vision buffs.

Definitely remember my first "night" in Toxx forest on my erudite magician... Couldn't see anything!
No kidding! An erudite was my first character and I quickly learned what a good thing torches were. I could barely get out of the tunnel into the newbie yard without one. I took to fishing on the docks through the night as it was just too dark for reasonable hunting. A lightstone, or even better a GLS was a game changer.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:08 AM
Kobold

My first was a human ranger. I hated that tunnel going to Surefall Glade. Kept getting turn around going through there.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

You can dance of the fireflies for corpse runs as a human at 15.

Before that you have to just make do with kicking in the carapace of a firebeetle when you die :P.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Dex is one of the most important stats a Ranger has. It helps with Weapon skill up, but most importantly it helps a TON with Bow Crits. And that is a Rangers bread and butter, bow crits. So I think Str and Dex is the way to go. They don't need much wis because most of their spells are 15 levels below what a Druid gets, so they have low mana cost to cast them.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Large Rat

I thought we dont get bow grits until after luclin?
Old 04-28-2015, 01:04 PM
Banned

no, bow crits are already in
Old 04-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dex is one of the most important stats a Ranger has. It helps with Weapon skill up, but most importantly it helps a TON with Bow Crits. And that is a Rangers bread and butter, bow crits. So I think Str and Dex is the way to go. They don't need much wis because most of their spells are 15 levels below what a Druid gets, so they have low mana cost to cast them.
What do bow crits really matter without all the archery love post-Luclin (AA's and such)? You're not going to out-DPS your melee with it. Also I don't think P99 supports /autofire?
Closed Thread