Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you play on a P1999 Red server if the guards were fixed to attack people?
Yes, I would play a new P1999 Red server with working guards. 42 43.75%
No, sorry but I wouldn't touch P1999 Red with a stick. 54 56.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

Default New PVP Server

So I've never been one for the red server, but if they were to release a completely brand new PVP server where the guards attacked people fighting near them like the guards are supposed to, How many people would actually restart on there? I'm pretty 100% that I would have a good time with that.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

PvP servers should never be considered ever. They were a terrible idea for a game balanced around PvE where PvP was an afterthought.

Making another Blue server would see 10x the traffic as another red server. Its a friday evening and red doesn't even have 100 toons logged on...
Old 01-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

I agree, but personally i had a ton of fun on the red. That was until you'd be AFK in town next to a guard and then someone would come kill you and take your plat when the guards are supposed to rape people that are fighting in town.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

guards are perfectly workin
Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guards are perfectly workin
That's really good to hear, they weren't when the server started which made people leave in droves =(
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSorcerer7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, but personally i had a ton of fun on the red. That was until you'd be AFK in town next to a guard and then someone would come kill you and take your plat when the guards are supposed to rape people that are fighting in town.
You and 5 other people had a ton of fun.

It is clear from both Red99 and Zek on Live, PvP servers blow for EQ. They don't get the attention necessary to make the game balanced, and due to this they suck cause the core game isn't meant to be played in a PvP environment.

Wasting resources on another Red server would be stupid when the first one failed. A new blue server with patches timed such that there is no 3-year Kunark for 3-year Donal's BP etc. would be much more utilized by people.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It is clear from both Red99 and Zek on Live, PvP servers blow for EQ. They don't get the attention necessary to make the game balanced, and due to this they suck cause the core game isn't meant to be played in a PvP environment.

Wasting resources on another Red server would be stupid when the first one failed. A new blue server with patches timed such that there is no 3-year Kunark for 3-year Donal's BP etc. would be much more utilized by people.
so, what exactly are u doin on blue once u reached max lvl? poopsockin some dragons? tradin stuff in ec? please, iam dyin to know!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had a lot of fun playing on vallon/sullon back in the day. Then I played games that were actually designed for pvp and realized how EQ pvp is absolutely terrible.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Praytell what is it 90 people do on Red? PvP the same 3 people over and over?

Thats what arenas are for on blue.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

ill try it once more:

so, what exactly are u doin on blue once u reached max lvl? poopsockin some dragons? tradin stuff in ec? please, iam dyin to know!
Closed Thread