Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Default Customization Ideas for the Devs.

Since the devs have hinted at this, my brain keeps coming up with ideas. I think a thread is deserved for this because lets face it, we have very few devs. I myself have no clue how to do what they do. But as a gamer, creativity i do have. And lets face it the more time they spend trying to come up with a concept, the less time they have to execute ideas.

As I think of things I try to put them in the perspective of EQ through Velious. Unfortunately sony had some very good ideas and just implemented them too late. Other games also have good ideas, although they might not be a very good idea for everquest mechanics or game style. My ideas tend to focus on using parts of the game sont pretty much ignored.Things like faction. Velious utilized it, and thats it.

1) AA's- AA's are an absolute awesome way to get you to stay on a mian character and in some way keep grinding as well as improving your character. However, with the velious limit, they most likely should not be based on the level 52 exp bar. If sony had done AA earlier, it would have been nice to restrict(or create) abilities that could only be ground during specific levels. Like the statistics page could only be attained during levels 30-40 with a hell level xp bar.

2) Gear combining- 2 ways to do this either take 2 like pieces to create a slightly better version or outright diablo style random chancing. I think of things like old world planar armor, for this purpose. but would require working around lore/nodrop or removing such tags.

3)levels 61-65- these levels really do not fit the old world. Lets get them, but make them an absolute mother fooker to get. Quest pieces as well as 100k plat for level 61, 200k and quest pieces for 62 etc. If you thought 65 was a status symbol on live, it would be more so here.

4)ldon- augments to tweak my gear? Yah thats awesome. the best part is its all old world zones. Add ldon and change nothing about it. Do not change mobs dps/defense/abilities.

5)tribute- default abilities might not be the best, but they could be modified by devs. change the tribute masters to the various cleric temples. PP donation for tribute blessing. this has a side effct of making people flip flop various factions for the different abilities they want, much like velious makes you do.

6)progressive gear (exp)- much like the diablo melding idea. Certain armor sets could be made progressive. or a quest to turn them progressive. Progressive raid drops would help to keep people more focused on 1 character, much like AA's would.

7)progressive gear quests- Sony nailed this with the prayer shawl and coldain rings. now lets take it one step further. Give each old world town an extra "Keep "zone, one that houses a king. Pretty much exactly like the coldains have. Various custom quest drops for the different quests each race has. And yup faction flopping just like velious.
Each race should have something everyone wants. Or much like velious each king desires the head of his enemy. This is more of a system than anything else. the gear should be pretty good with 9 or 10 stages. Should it be as powerful as raid gear? i dont know. As with any quest, tradeskills could be worked into said quests. Some sort of head collection quest would be an elite quest. collect all the heads from the old world kings( mind you all raid mobs) and yield a reward better than anything found in EQ up to velious. This system as a whole, i believe should just outright replace luclin. It sticks with the concept of fantasy/darkage times with warring feudal kings.

8) Beatlords- implement but leave out catpeople, plenty of other races to choose. 2 of them being regen races.

Thats about all i can remember for now. I really like idea #7 as an outright replacement of luclin.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Kobold

9) planes v.2- epic style quests could be done to open up the PoP planes. Kind of like a flagging system. Sony had a good idea with the flagging system.

10) Character reset-I like the idea of having my main character who is all geared up with nothing to do.. to be able to keep his gear and reset to level 1. the benefit could be gaining additional base statistic points, for example. but at the same time incurring an additional exp penalty. It could be done multiple times and incurring more and more penalty. man the status symbol of an iksar,or troll sk who is on tier 5 of this... I myself do not really care for alts, but thats just me. But at the same time leveling and grouping is a very important aspect to everquest, one that really is lost on the high end.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Too long. Would not read again, not counting the first time. 2/10
Old 02-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

2,088 posts of pure idiocy ^^^

Great ideas. Problem is that this server isn't meant to be custom. It's meant to be a replica of the game we loved.

Asher
Old 02-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

make a classic server that goes up to LDoN plz
Old 02-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Kobold

"Great ideas. Problem is that this server isn't meant to be custom. It's meant to be a replica of the game we loved." Wrong devs have already hinted at some custom content.

And oxford is a 2 hr and 18 min drive...
Old 02-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

I do not want AA's
Old 02-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

What I'd really love to see is custom new content, new raid targets, our own version of epics 2.0 (that arent too OP) , new stories, and that doesnt meant 60+ only.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Sarnak

Not that I'm saying that these aren't things that are great on their own, but if custom content was enabled I don't think I'd play here. It just wouldn't be for me anymore. I play here for the nostalgia of a gaming model that just doesn't exist anymore, along with the community which went the way of the dinosaur with other MMO's. There are plenty of other servers with custom content.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Orc

I like chicken but not the skin.. I like turkey but not their neck.
Closed Thread