Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-22-2017, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He, for once, was actually just being on topic instead of being an abrasive sociopath with an inferiority complex.

A shame you missed that one time!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For about 8 months, CotH has required a minimum distance of 500 units to have a chance to clear aggro.
where did you get the 500 range from?
only post about range I can find is:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...05276661247056

"It is useful but it has rules. It is a must, though. One of the class defining spells we get, and very useful in many situations.

It will summon a group member to you. You have to have the group leader be an "anchor" at zoneline or wherever you are pulling people FROM. They invite a person to group, then you cast CoH to bring them to you. When everyone is assembled, pull the anchor last.

A couple of high level zones have CoH disabled (Plane of Sky comes to mind) so that you "don't skip important content".

Another important thing this spell does is clear aggro. If a tank gets in trouble or a puller gets too many, they can call for a CoH and you can summon them to you safely and without anything still mad at it. The target has to be further than 200ft away or the aggro will remain."

basicly just outside most normal spell range for wizard nukes, druid heals etc etc

100/200 number has been used by verant for other spells so....
but has the 500 range number ever been used ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 07-24-2017, 08:04 PM
Skeleton

Tested a few distances, seems only leash distance breaks aggro, so it wasn't a unit distance nerf- just don't break aggro at all. In addition to not breaking aggro, it adds the mage to the threat list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For about 8 months, CotH has required a minimum distance of 500 units to have a chance to clear aggro.
This isn't right, intended or not. I've stood less than 200 away from a fight, dismissed pet and coth'd myself to clear aggro, perhaps one month ago. Have cleared boss aggro on tanks less than 100 away from myself within the last three months as well, to cycle disciplines. Monks have run all the way back to camp and feigned, then asked for a coth to clear aggro while laying under my feet. Worked like a charm.

Now I can coth a feigned monk without risking my own neck, but as soon as he pops up the mobs re-aggro them (unless path'd back), next to me or distant.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Found out the hard way by casting CoTH on a FD Necro from across the zone. All agro was then transferred to me.

Definitely not behaving correctly.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

any dev comments on this ?
was this an unintentional "feature" that will be fixed or ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 08-10-2017, 05:51 AM
Kobold

bump, was this an intended change?
Old 08-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

yeah, its broke. ran with goon on my in overthere, mage was at outpost, i was almost at WW, and agro didn't clear
Old 08-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Banned

MAGA
Old 08-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Developer

Yes. Its broke. It was not intentional.

There was a min range that supposed to be added, for the timeline.

This should be fixed for next patch.

H
Old 08-22-2017, 06:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetjan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Doctor Jeff is kinda correct except the interpretation is incorrect ...

The range for coth clearing agro is WAY WAY WAY out of whack. I used to be able to clear agro for someone else by coth on live when someone was pretty close but not right on top of me with mobs. The way it is now is about 15-20x the range it was on live. If someone is on the other side of the juggs cavern and I coth them it for sure would have cleared agro. Seems like someone needs to be on the other side of a zone out of line of sight entirely for it to work here.

On live it was pretty close that it would clear agro, you could consistently tell someone "Run those mobs away" ad start a coth and by the time it went off it would clear agro. Here that is not working.
CotH always had a chance of not clearing aggro. It was not 100% at this stage on live. I'm not sure about when it came out but it was changed pretty quickly so you couldn't use it as a 100% reliable memblur.