Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Default Rogue poisons

When do these come in handy on rogue? i'm guessing there all pretty useless for groups?

Is there any point me even bothering to lvl the skill up?
Old 08-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

With a high enough skill you can make the mind melt poison, which is used for tainted avalanche ale (ring 9). But I believe that the mind melt poison is tradable (or the tainted ale MQable) so you really don't need the skill to complete the quest at all.

Other than that, there are a few poisons that are good in PvP, stuns/snares etc. And i suppose making poisons is just kinda fun (maybe?)
Old 08-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Never messed around much with them myself, despite skilling it up fairly high. I always liked the Contact I poison though, because it's easy and cheap to make and gives you a little boost to your DPS if you're in an epeen measuring contest with someone who likes to parse damage tables.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

Muscle Lock is good for pvp. If you're on blue though it's missable.

If you're losing a dps race as a rogue you're either out-RNG'd by someone who got lucky, a bad rogue or stupid for wanting to race a wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2017, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Something to do when you're level 60, rich, and bored.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Banned

contact one was barely useful on my rogue in auld lang syne for the times i tried to solo shit. but even then it wasn't worth the bag space ultimately
Old 08-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty much. But it still has a novelty appeal, like Gnomish Fireworks or Illusionist Stone.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

Poisons just get resisted by far too much content to be remotely worthwhile if thats what youre looking at.
Its really for roleplay/tick off a tradeskill/mindmelt.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
contact one was barely useful on my rogue in auld lang syne for the times i tried to solo shit. but even then it wasn't worth the bag space ultimately
Currently 36 Rogue in ALS as well, can confirm poisons are NOT useful for the most part. But they are super fun, so I keep a Bearskin Potion Bag full of them anyway. They add a lot of immersive flavor when you're on an assassination mission =)

PvP Rogues apparently relied heavily on certain poisons. If you are made of plat, they *could* improve your PvE soloing, technically, but...basically everywhere a rogue poison will actively help and be worth it, it will be resisted quite often, and if the mob is low enough to land poison on the regular then it's probably soloable without it.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:19 AM
Planar Protector

I feel like spamming spine break on everything you try to solo couldn't possibly be a bad thing.
Closed Thread