Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Man I love you guys more and more. I always thought you were a weirdo (like me) if you didn't enjoy voice coms.

I have never, ever enjoyed voice coms on EQ, EQ2, or ANY other MMO period. Even on PVP games, it always annoyed me. I played SWTOR, and some PVP dudes would mandate that you join their voice and I HATED it. I rather suffer the slower communication via typing than use voice to target faster.

Why? Because when you were not in battle, you had to hear people talk about everything I logged in to not hear about. Work, jobs, bad family, favorite foods, etc. etc.

Honestly I have always liked MMOs for ther ambience of the games, it allows me an escape from people. Having voice coms on, that removes all escape and immersion for me. I find voice coms extremely distracting.

I understand for strategic reasons why guilds and MMO gamers like it, but the social aspects of voice coms ruins the sole reason why I log into a MMO in the first place.

If I want to socialize with humans, hear humans talk about BS I either call someone on the phone, or go meet them in person, or write them letters/emails.

I don't use a MMO and voice coms for that.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

So, what did you end up doing? The suspense is riveting
Old 08-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

we need built in voice to text for the lazy turds who don't wanna type and prefer to plague us with they voice. and modify the .dll to instant perma ban anyone running voip software on they computer (^ν^)
Old 08-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we need built in voice to text for the lazy turds who don't wanna type and prefer to plague us with they voice. and modify the .dll to instant perma ban anyone running voip software on they computer (^ν^)
Can we make this happen?
Old 08-10-2017, 11:18 AM
Banned

melon what is the name of the lady in your av
Old 08-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all about the mix of people. Original Rustle core was great and it's gotten progressively worse to listen to as I get more and more misanthropic from knowing less and less recruits but that's just how things go. I do my part to not add to the noise pollution.
<3 I do my part to go outside because it is summer.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:07 PM
Orc

Which guild actively ban RnF? I've got a toon in kittens and haven't decided where to stick my main since FoH left the server. Even though I don't post much I don't really want to join a guild that bans me from doing anything. Sometimes I like to get drunk and make a fool of myself on these forums.
Closed Thread