Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even during PoP, I remember some PoW raids maxxed out at 72 simply because that's all the raid window allowed.
I don't recall the little details in PoW, but I recall a few raids where we had a 2nd raid window opened up. On a good night we could pull 100 to a raid.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't recall the little details in PoW, but I recall a few raids where we had a 2nd raid window opened up. On a good night we could pull 100 to a raid.
I remember that as well. I was just reiterating that a raid force of 50 didn't become the norm until after PoP. It was probably an instance limit introduced in LDON raiding.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Stupid instances. I want all my friends there!

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stupid instances. I want all my friends there!
And enemies... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Good times.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

I remember doing veeshan server pick up raids in pop with like 110-120ppl, didnt god knock the limit down to 54?
Old 06-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

PoP raid window was limited to 60. It showed 12 groups, but only allowed 10 group leaders. LoY fixed the raid window to properly allow 72 IN Raid.

However NOTHING in PoP was instanced originally (yes, Plane of Time was static). When it was eventually turned into an instance it allowed 72 players in... Basically the only zone to do that.

Come GoD, about half of the raid zones went instanced (Ikkinz, Uqua, Inkt'uta, Tacvi), while half stayed static (Kod'Taz, Yxtta, Qvic, Txevu). All of those instances capped at a 54 man or 9 group limit.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didnt god knock the limit down to 54?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

NO MORE THAN 54 PEOPLE IN A RAID, SO COMMANDETH THE I AM

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

On Quellious we killed RZTW with 250+ people to break a cock block. We had three guilds - Wraith, Viz Maior, and Revivescence -- and we just zerged it. The zone almost crashed and *many many many* went LD, but RZTW was dead.

It was this exact raid that made SOE change the raid rules to limit raid size to 72 people, and to limit the number of flags a kill could get you.

You're welcome. I was part of breaking classic EQ.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

The only record I could find on the intrawebs with a quick search, since I have no idea where the FOH forums went to:

"All of these attempts failed, and on 6th moon of February, in the year of our lord 2003, Wraith’s name would be forever scarred into the game’s legacy. For on this day, forces from Wraith, Reviviscence and Vis Maior would band together to zerg Rallos Zek with over three hundred troops. Each one of these troops was granted a flag from the Planar Projection, causing much unrest in the world of Sony. Hours later, the event was taken down on all servers, and retrofitted with new flag limits. Wraith was scorned for their actions by their rivals, but their story lived on."

All fuckin true.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people can kill him in beta with under 100 people, he isn't even close to being correct. It took an entire expansion to farm tov just to be geared enough for it.

Can take your pick on any of these or all.

A) Pet tanking doesn't work here
B) Lack of Flurries from AoW
C) Weapon damage from end of velious vs end of Kunark.
D) HPs and AC( right Loraen?) from items much lower on Kunark vs Velious end game items.
Lots of things happen different here than they did on live. Raid size and pre-knowledge makes it all easy. Being able to throw 15 tanks instead of struggling to find 7 is going to help. You only need so much HP for a minimum gear check maybe 2-3 bigger items per tank in the chain + some easy to fill hp items in formally weak hp slots.

AoW should die rather quickly if he is classically tuned.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Closed Thread