Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Default Chanter Pet vs. Necro Pet?

I'm leveling a necro with a friend of mine who plays an enchanter. We are both currently level 16. I've noticed that with every new spell level, his pet is always hitting for harder than my skeleton. This doesn't seem accurate to me, anyone verify if that's how it was or not?

Our 16 pet spells for example:

My max level summon seems to hit for 18 at most and double attack.
His always comes out hitting for 20 and double attacks.

It's been like this every spell level so far. His always comes out ahead of mine on damage somehow. I've also noticed that giving my skeleton a rusty 2-hander actually reduced his DMG at lower levels, whereas it significantly boosted the chanter's pet.

Didn't want to post this in bugs because I am not sure that it is one.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

a 16 necro pet's max level is 16 and hits for 20 and can double attack. I play a mage and a necro. A mage necro and chanter can all get a 16 level pet at 16 that hits for 20
Old 02-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Necro pet ends up much stronger.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Forgot to mention, you as a necro can tell your pet when and what to attack, to back off, ie. pull with your pet, pet sit when it gets injured, and aggro kite cuz necros have clinging and engulfing....the chanter has to get hit for his "pet" to do anything. I use the word pet loosely here because it's not a pet, it's an animation. He can't tell it to attack or back off or rest, it's a mindless lil robot that only defends and will always break mezes you didn't want broken when trying to CC.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've also noticed that giving my skeleton a rusty 2-hander actually reduced his DMG at lower levels, whereas it significantly boosted the chanter's pet.

Didn't want to post this in bugs because I am not sure that it is one.
can you actually change the chanter pets dmg by giving it certain weapons?

Asher
Last edited by DevGrousis; 02-03-2011 at 03:31 PM..
Old 02-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

IIRC, Chanter pets are actually really good damage - they just have crap for hp, and they're uncontrollable.

Their uncontrollable nature makes it annoying when you get adds - it just makes it more difficult to CC, since pets tend to bounce targets when two mobs are attacking them - they won't focus. The way I found to refocus with pet classes is to "pet back off" then "pet attack." The pet then resumes attacking the correct target (for a little while).

Chanter pets are kind of loose cannons. Luckily, they're cheap. But dual wielding and having a bunch of haste actually makes them pretty decent dps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I finally summoned the max level skelly and it was hitting for the same as his. Just seemed goofy to me. He's either really lucky with his pet summons or enchanter pets dont have a level variance.

It also didnt make sense to me about the 2 handed weapons making his hit harder yet making mine hit lower. Oh wells, I can't complain. His pet makes for a nice boost of DPS while we duo.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I finally summoned the max level skelly and it was hitting for the same as his. Just seemed goofy to me. He's either really lucky with his pet summons or enchanter pets dont have a level variance.

It also didnt make sense to me about the 2 handed weapons making his hit harder yet making mine hit lower. Oh wells, I can't complain. His pet makes for a nice boost of DPS while we duo.
Your pet's fist has an innate "damage" value. If you give him a weapon with a lower damage value, the pet does less damage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your pet's fist has an innate "damage" value. If you give him a weapon with a lower damage value, the pet does less damage...
That's not true. I gave my pet (both necro and shaman pets actually) rusty weapons to force dual wield until they could innately do it and they never lowered the max hit. That's how pet classes determine what lvl summon the pet is.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Weapon's never affected the damage to my knowledge, only the delay, that's why necro's used to give their pets FS daggers (3/19?) to make them hit much faster. Giving your pet a 2 hander weapon will loser it's dps if it can dual wield.

I enchant things...
Closed Thread