Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-10-2023, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forced baptism via threat of violence is way more fun. i was sent to youth bootcamp ran by gulf war vets in Texas for back talking a judge during a truancy hearing.
A lot of ppl need this.

This may have saved a lot of ppl.
Old 09-10-2023, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of ppl need this.

This may have saved a lot of ppl.
You were born during the wrong time friend.

Sounds like the Spanish Inquisition was your jam.
Old 09-10-2023, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Old 09-10-2023, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18

Any group of people on earth loves to 'otherize' people that don't agree with them. Xenophobia, In Group/Out Group, and Tribalism are built into every single human being. If you are in a group it 'feels good to belong' to that group. You are taught to talk crap about those that don't conform. It is part of being human. Look into the Dunbar Number. People smarter than any of us on these forums spent their lives figuring this out.

There are 8 billion humans currently. There is simply no way that any human that understands math would conceive of any religion that has ever been conceived by any group of humans to be a viably represent of what all 8 billion humans believe.

The handful of humans in this thread talking in the English language having read 'divine scriptures' written by another human being in an English translation of a book that was not originally written in English as if it is something divine is astounding.

If you are a Chrsitian in 2023. You have not engaged the age of information that we exist in.

Go search for actual truth young believer. Was everything that you were taught true? Was there ever a moment that your parents were not honest with you? How about your teachers in school. Did everything you learn in school turn out to be 100% true?

So then you grew up and you learned some things. Some of those things you were taught didn't turn about to be true but they were there to comfort you. If Santa Clause isn't real, what other monstrosities would it very easy to convince young kids are real? These are the formative years of a young persons lives, they are imprinted by the experiences they have, and the in built human oral tradition of learning what to believe from the previously generation is alive and well.

But at what point do you grab the bull by the horns? At what point do you question the humans that have told you stories and have taught you things. When do you trust the wisdom you have created by learning about the world and the foibles of humans that have come before you to extinguish the false wisdom of those that have lied to you?

Very few ever get there.

Welcome to Earth.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any group of people on earth loves to 'otherize' people that don't agree with them. Xenophobia, In Group/Out Group, and Tribalism are built into every single human being. If you are in a group it 'feels good to belong' to that group. You are taught to talk crap about those that don't conform. It is part of being human. Look into the Dunbar Number. People smarter than any of us on these forums spent their lives figuring this out.

There are 8 billion humans currently. There is simply no way that any human that understands math would conceive of any religion that has ever been conceived by any group of humans to be a viably represent of what all 8 billion humans believe.

The handful of humans in this thread talking in the English language having read 'divine scriptures' written by another human being in an English translation of a book that was not originally written in English as if it is something divine is astounding.

If you are a Chrsitian in 2023. You have not engaged the age of information that we exist in.

Go search for actual truth young believer. Was everything that you were taught true? Was there ever a moment that your parents were not honest with you? How about your teachers in school. Did everything you learn in school turn out to be 100% true?

So then you grew up and you learned some things. Some of those things you were taught didn't turn about to be true but they were there to comfort you. If Santa Clause isn't real, what other monstrosities would it very easy to convince young kids are real? These are the formative years of a young persons lives, they are imprinted by the experiences they have, and the in built human oral tradition of learning what to believe from the previously generation is alive and well.

But at what point do you grab the bull by the horns? At what point do you question the humans that have told you stories and have taught you things. When do you trust the wisdom you have created by learning about the world and the foibles of humans that have come before you to extinguish the false wisdom of those that have lied to you?

Very few ever get there.

Welcome to Earth.
By seeking the truth I found Jesus Christ. And yes that meant watching many of Jibartiks religious videos as well on just who exactly Christ was.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Atheism is a pretty ridiculous position imo. Agnosticism is a matter of epistemological outlook, and atheism a matter of belief, and they are separate. The more I've learned about the universe, the more atheism seems absurd. I believe in something, but I don't really know what.

I wouldn't say it is any more difficult to deal with life's blows without believing in a judeochristian God. Death without an afterlife is peace and rest in a way. Look at it this way-- from my perspective, at death, I'm going to either find out there is an afterlife... yay! Or completely blink out of existence, in which case I won't be around to fret about it. I'm also accountable only to my own morality, and believe in trying to be a good person for its own sake. Which is maybe easier I guess? And if I got sent to hell for that I'd be joining a lot of very benevolent souls who just happened to believe in the wrong God.

I guess I would say I do try to follow Christ's ultimate message without necessarily believing he was divine. It's a great message.
Perfection.

You let me not believe in the divine and ill in turn not call your saviour a zombie sky fairy.
Last edited by Duik; 09-10-2023 at 11:37 PM..
Old 09-10-2023, 11:37 PM
Banned

Atheism is much easier than you say.

A simple way of understanding Atheism is that it believes in one less god than monotheists.

Atheists and monotheists are in agreement that Zeus doesn't exist.

They just don't agree on the existence of the god that monotheists believe in.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By seeking the truth I found Jesus Christ. And yes that meant watching many of Jibartiks religious videos as well on just who exactly Christ was.
With all due respect. Santa was cooler. I miss Santa. But I get it.
Last edited by Seducio; 09-10-2023 at 11:54 PM..
Old 09-10-2023, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Atheism is much easier than you say.

A simple way of understanding Atheism is that it believes in one less god than monotheists.

Atheists and monotheists are in agreement that Zeus doesn't exist.

They just don't agree on the existence of the god that monotheists believe in.
This is a mathematical fallacy.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ablution is a step to absolution

🚿