Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100 people at rallos with the hopes of flagging as many as possible, I know the flag mob would disappear after 72 people got flags but.. I can't remember if that mechanic was in initially or something that was added later once raid window was put into the game. In any case, Rallos was a balls to the wall type of fight that was fun as hell but not really reliant on skill as much as zerg presence (in the beginning days of PoP anyway).

I agree with you on VT, but I'll say I still liked the zone somewhat. I question your ability to clear it in 4-6 hours if we're talking pre-PoP, post PoP ok I'd believe it. Either way, the more involved luclin fights were outside of VP, VP was just the candy zone. Emp and High Priest were difficult fights in the beginning and very fun. SSRA in general was quite a bit of fun.

The solteris comment above that wasn't the first raid mechanic to implement a balancing strategy to win. Anguish had the Jelvin event and one of the coolest raids imo was one of those proving grounds trials, can't remember the exact name, where each player had to watch for the emotes and direct their character accordingly whether it be to duck or jump or take their rings off etc etc.
Indeed it wasn't the first. It was the most challenging, and now on live it is the most undoable event.

Jelvan's balance would just cause them to gain certain AEs, namely a spell silence and spell/melee slow. Balreth if you unbalanced the event would immediately fail and 20 zerglings(tiny golems) would pwn your raid.

Balancing 3 mobs is different than balancing 8 :P. Level 65-75~ raiding was the best of EQ's raiding experience.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

post deleted
Last edited by cyryllis; 10-07-2011 at 07:34 PM..
Old 10-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you google Haynar's real name the first thing that comes up is a profile on SailBoatOwners.com.
I wish I had a sailboat. I try to keep a low profile web wise. I don't have web pages, facebook, linkedin, nothing. I have ex-wives and stalker ex-girlfriends instead. So ya, you won't find much on me. If you know what to search for, you can find some of my publications out there.

H
Closed Thread