Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Default Howling Stones Videos

TLDwanttowatchthemall: First two videos I look the most pro, third video I do some dumb stuff fighting some high-level trash, fourth video is the longest of all but you see how do do east, fifth video is short kill of an east named with his rare drop.

Well after someone asked me in the solo artist challenge thread if I ever streamed instead of just taking screenshots, I started thinking about getting some video of me playing Tecmos. I know absolutely nothing about video capture, video hosting, or anything else like that, but today I finally got around to finding a free capture program, recording some gameplay in HS, and then uploading it to some free hosting site.

Links to the videos are below. Be sure when you go to watch the video that you do not click the "play" button that pops up, because that just takes you to an ad; click on the "Close to play" instead.

There's no music or commentary or editting, so enjoy a few minutes of me medding in silence here or there while I kibitz with Drumas about what a terrible person he is. Sorry bout teh low quality. If anyone wants to enlighten me regarding video capture/streaming, maybe I'll be motivated enough to improve my methods as I bust out some videos of seb, chardok, hole, and more of HS... eventually!

HS south 1: http://videobam.com/CgJXi

5 minutes of me logging into HS south (I'd already been in here an hour or two and got a few nameds before I got bored when PHs repopped and decided to mess with the video) and killing the trash pather near my usual basecamp.

HS south 2: http://videobam.com/qvCuR

5 minutes of me pulling and killing the named PH right around the corner from the first video. I hoped I could get a named pop to kill on video, but alas, just a ph ghost fella repopped: http://postimg.org/image/akz452jv5/

HS east 1: http://videobam.com/SzBAj

For a few minutes I thought "self, you shouldn't upload those south videos to the public, because then your months spent in south (and the advice/teachings of Loraen and Save) will be laid bare for everyone to see, and you'll soon be dealing with more than just A-Team people soloing in there" ... but meh. Anyway, I made a video of east because I knew there were a few live mobs up over near the "east nook" (as Loraen named it) that were making it impossible to safely pull the named PH over there, and no one had been over there messing with the mobs for at least a few days. Figured I'd see about cleaning the place up a bit then pulling the named.

But it turns out the golem was level 52 and the bile and skeleton were both 53... and that's not an easy 3-pack of mobs to clear out solo, especially with the faceroll way I pulled them. In the video, a rather drawn-out affair because of resists and me kind of trying to figure out what I wanted to do with these 3 things on the fly and me eating a HT, I kill the bile then stupidly camp out when the golem is nearly dead (instead of letting him die then medding up manatapping the skeleton before using an animation to clear him out too). I ended up coming back in after this video and killed the golem and the skele, but then I when I tried to get over to DS and the other nameds to see if anything was up after that, I got myself into a bit of trouble (all not recorded) and hatted out... so I'll have to give you a video of me pulling/killing the actual named PH later.

HS east 2: http://videobam.com/naqef

It's a long one (15+), sorry! I ran into east to check if the repop in that hallway was a suitable pet, but it wasn't, so I went and found my pet from south and dragged him into east to use. Then I killed the hallway mob, went through the fancy pull crap to snag the named PH back to my pet without training myself with a bunch of harmtouching or necro level 52-54s, and killed it. That was the end of this video, but I stayed in east keeping my pet rooted and waiting on repops. The hallway repop was level 52 still, so I killed it again then checked on the named again (see hs east 3). Hope my random little typed commentary isn't too lolworthy!

HS east 3: http://videobam.com/aHMED

Short and sweet to finish it out. I actually thought the named (or ph) had spawned already, so I was running back and forth dazzling my pet in the hallway and IVUing to the pull spot waiting for it to path out of the room at the end of the hall... but it turns out it just hadn't spawned it. Then the Howling Spectre popped right on top of me as I was waiting there and I turned the video on at that moment and proceeded like normal! Making a fun video AND getting a drop to sell. Blue life indeed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally I had fun with this. It entertained me to no end to watch myself playing without having to actual do anything except sit there and watch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-05-2013 at 07:13 AM..
Old 06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

would like to see a necro doing the east thing ..
nice vids man !
Old 06-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

I've seen very good players on godly necros get raped 24/7 in south. I question whether any necros on the server could manage south efficiently or east at all... but I would enjoy seeing it done.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen very good players on godly necros get raped 24/7 in south.
Nordenwatch? Haha

Just messing, Norden.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

I liked the AOE tash; I usually don't do that when I invis pull but it's probably a good idea.

Did you hotkey all of your bags to the same key?

And yes I felt the same way about my enchanter guide.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 06-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

I think I remember nord saying he doesn't even want to try south/east? Not sure though. It was the former Iznog playing a friend's necro I was mainly talking about though. I was helping him CR half a dozen times a day for like a week before he finally gave up on it. I think he only landed a few lulls successfully out of dozens of casts, and had issues splitting mobs up with snare/feign shenannigans because of there being pathers everywhere and they don't drop aggro unless you /q
Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, there's a default hotkey even to open all bags at once I think, and you can set one to close them all.

I love AE tash, especially since in HS I don't really care if I catch myself with it. In east I always tash before trying to stun/mez even though I get beat on in the process, and in south I usually do the same with nameds or their PHs but usually do not with trash.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

East video is getting a hell of a lot more interest than the other two. I will do the named PH over there (hopefully tonight) and get footage of it, see if I can pop a named maybe even, but I need to try to be productive irl for several hours in the meantime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Very nice, I got 2 corpses with south keys but no enchanters to do south with =/
Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Banned

only thing more exciting than fighting an NPC is watching a video of someone else fighting an NPC

blue lyfe
Closed Thread