Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

I see alot of people saying "well prove it or shut up". Is anyone here actually asserting that gnoll fang quest is giving the same reward it did on live? I think we all know OP.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...I would PBAE the entire zone in a single pull and then switch over to my alt to loot piles of fangs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
naw, take a druid in and AOE whole zone, log in new char, loot , almost instant 20
I guess you didn't read what I wrote. But independent of that, you either (a) have done this yourself and we have a disagreement as to what constitutes "almost instant," or (b) have not done this yourself and are overestimating how quickly it would actually take you to 20.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see alot of people saying "well prove it or shut up". Is anyone here actually asserting that gnoll fang quest is giving the same reward it did on live? I think we all know OP.
I leveled 5 characters on live in western Antonica, and spent considerable time in Blackburrow on each. The xp reward on p1999 is entirely out of line with what is used to be on live. Your xp bar barely moved every turn in past level 8. From memory, farming fang from level 4 and on, I'd have to wait until I was halfway through 7 before turning in fangs and dinging level 8 - on multiple toons.

Favoring bottom feeding is invariably Bad. It brings the worst out of people - I really don't understand how the devs are allowing it to continue on.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Devs please put Tumpy Tonics back in the game, they were leet exp.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is because the devs won't change stuff on the server unless it's backed by real evidence. So if it really bothers you enough to dig through the deep intarwebs, go ahead. Most people who read this thread really don't care because they're past BB and should they ever start a new character, they'll probably get the PL treatment I mentioned earlier.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

For what it's worth, I also always started in Qeynos during live, and I distinctly remember the fangs getting to be fairly worthless around 13-14.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

1. figure out respawn time
2. figure out kill order
3. ?
4. profit.

no where in there does it say go to the forums and ask the devs to write code to compensate for your unwillingness to figure out how to beat the level 18 stomping on your playground.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Aviak

Thank you for the help. I never said anyone was preventing me from leveling. My original post said that I could go somewhere else or log on a different character, plainly at the end of it. To me it was the principle of the fact that I, of the appropriate level, could not get a kill because people who theoretically should have moved on, were wiping the zone to farm an item to turn in for exp because that exp was greater and easier than what they could get elsewhere.

My original post had a lot of "moral" flavor in it. It was wrong in my opinion that the farming was occurring to begin with. Taking all that you can, because you can, is a pure dick move in my opinion. That really is a moral question that can be argued until we are all blue in the face. In order to be effective here, it is clear that people want black and white evidence, as opposed to what seems morally correct to another person. I know I hate it in RL when someone else's morals are shoved down my throat.

That being said, I do not want to nerf gnoll fangs completely. I just want them fixed so that they are no longer an attractive option to level with instead of actual exping once you reach a certain level. That level should probably be around 12 like other low level dungeon quests of the era. This behavior would be in line with other quests, such as the crushbone belt quest. And it would also curb slumming instead of actually encouraging it, as it does now.

On a side note. I had a friend killing greens last night for the karana bandit quest. 17 sashes later at level 22, he got 2 bubbles of exp and 120+ plat for the bronze weapons from the turn in and rawhide they dropped. There are other things that can be done besides gnoll fangs for safe exp and actual profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pin,

As far as find information to be able to put in a bug report, I did plenty of the dirty work for you already. I showed earlier in the posting (and proved mathematically) how much experience gnoll fangs give now. I then found a 2001 post and did an experience comparison of then and now and found that based off that one example (and I said more is needed but you'll need to go look), the experience is 3x more now than it was then. If you can find a few more examples, you'd have a good arguement for a bug report.

I didn't hand that over because I agree with you though. Like Yonec, I do not feel anyone has the right to tell someone that is playing within the rules where they can/can't hunt. I think trying to implement non-classic code is ridiculous. I did it because if the experience per fang is not classic, it should be changed.

There will be times when lower level mobs drop something you need for yourself or another character. It could be bone chips for necros/SKs, quest items, tradeskill items, specific loot or even just faction from killing the mob.

Get used to camps you want to yourself being packed because deep down you know you want them for the exact same reason, they either give better than average experience or loot. I'm quite sure you aren't deleting your gnoll fangs. Qeynos Hills and Everfrost are on either side of blackburrow and you can level from 1-50+ in either one of them so don't give the BS excuse that anyone is preventing you from leveling.
Last edited by Pinolian; 03-27-2014 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: misspelled fang
Old 03-27-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklefixer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna post this in all the blackburrow posts.

I took my Iksar Necro there at lvl 4...after i trained meditate...killed gnolls till i was just a sliver away from lvl 12....got exactly 300 fangs.

Upon turn in, got all of lvl 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and about 90% of lvl 20. Not too bad i guess.

<Insert SweetAss Sig Here>
Mrtwig
A+, great info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklefixer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna post this in all the blackburrow posts.

I took my Iksar Necro there at lvl 4...after i trained meditate...killed gnolls till i was just a sliver away from lvl 12....got exactly 300 fangs.

Upon turn in, got all of lvl 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and about 90% of lvl 20. Not too bad i guess.

<Insert SweetAss Sig Here>
Mrtwig
damn.. i have done this with 3 toons starting at lvl 4 outside BB. I have never got more than 200 fangs by the time im level 12. Still gets me to lvl 18-20 though depending on class/race
Closed Thread