Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default Pulsing Green Stone

This should drop 2x 100% of kills. And no, I'm not confusing this with post epic change. That just meant you could spawn him without greaves so he was less contested. To start, establish the timeline:

March, 2001 - VS is made Triggerable

April, 2001 - VS changed to 3 day spawn and Triggerable nature modified

Quote:
We have increased the spawn rate of Venril Sathir and his skeletal remains. Please note that only Rangers and Druids will be able to trigger the spawn for the skeletal remains, and those remains will only be dropping items for those epic quests. Hopefully these changes will dramatically reduce the competition and resentment over this spawn.
And the evidence:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010202...fthefaith.org/

January, 2001 -- 2 months before Triggerable VS
Quote:
[ Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - Lukster - 0 Comments ]
Been busy with this and that lately. Gonna try and give ya tha condensed version of the past few days events. Added two new kickass people, Rollinthunder and Sidsel. Welcome!

Dropped VS.
Wendy *finally* got her greaves! go WEnd!
Mata and Rama scored stones and are moving along, should have epics soon.

Nothing else much has happened. I hope everyone had a fun holiday and will come back ready to start killing stuff. uNf
Quote:
Trak and VS down,
[ Thursday, January 18, 2001 - Alej - 0 Comments ]
KTF loot! Papped both leezards yesterday.

Blood Ember Breastplate = Gimrog
Singing Steel Breastplate = Bank
Teeth = Degro, Amaryl, and Frayer.
Elder Spiritist's Greaves = Lynx
Singing Steel Greaves = Warnotes
Stones = Alyssum, Astaldo (stone from a previus raid), and Scoobywan.

YAY bank!
More to come when I get off work. But this is a pretty huge problem that has persisted for far too long.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2000-11-17

November, 2000 - 5 months before triggerability:

Quote:
Oh yes, Let's not forget we owned that fool Venril again too:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]x2
Old 04-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2000-11-16

November, 2000 again... Literally the day before the previous post.

Quote:
He also dropped the staff for the Wizard Epic Weapon Quest as well as two Druid Epic Quest Items.
It's pretty commonly mentioned that Druids are finishing their epics after catching Faydedar up. Since he would often suicide into the iksar GM.

Never is it mentioned that a Druid completes their epic off VS stone or that Vs didn't drop a stone or dropped only a single stone. Only mentions from the first few posts about double stones and after that they just neglect to mention them due to their commonality. Just like they don't really mention how many teeth Trak is dropping every single kill.
Last edited by Daldaen; 04-02-2014 at 10:14 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20010713...rc1-2001.shtml

February, 2001 - 1-2 months before triggerability
Quote:
Stones = Kander and Darhken.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20011221...c11-2000.shtml

December 2000...

Quote:
Shureen and Mabey also got Venril stones!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

So literally every kill the guild in the above post lists on their site, they mention double stones dropping. The only exception is the last one they list and that's cause it's in march. And even then they only listed 1 of 2 items on the drop table anyways for that kill. They were too busy talking about how easy/nerfed he was?

But I'm done, this is pretty substantial evidence. I hope to see this change next patch. It's just a shame thinking how many more stones should've dropped in the past 2-3 years /sad trombone.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

I tried getting the archived versions of the crowd-sourced thread on the epic quest from the Druids' Grove, but the links to the message board are busted after the first page of information, which doesn't include any info about VS.

EQdruids.com has a write up of the quest after it is solved, but is similarly unhelpful.

https://web.archive.org/web/20001209...com/quests.htm

Quote:
The Stones

- Go Back to Misty Thicket and hand Ella Foodcrafter the hardened mixture and the rune crested bowl. She will make for you a softly glowing stone from it.

- Ella tells you to find one such as yourself. For the Druids this means to seek out Foloal Stormforest in Firiona Vie.

- Ask her "are you one such as myself? ", "what answers?" and "what about Venril Sathir?". She tells you to bring her the stone you already have from Ella and the gem that can be found on Venril Sathir.

- Kill Venril Sathir in Karnor's Castle and loot the gem he
drops.
Venril is a very tough lvl 55 Necromancer that can only be beaten by very strong guilds.

- Give the gem and the softly glowing stone to Foloal Stromforest and get a warm pulsating stone. Now this is the time where the quest splits up into the Druid and the Rangerpart. Foloal tells you to take the stone and walk your path.
Alla archive was also not helpful.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

"Loot the gem he drops" sounds like a pretty sure thing.

Compounded with all the loot lists I posted...

Does anyone have access to Alloria's screenshot archive? There has to be a screenshot of a VS corpse among them. With loot table opened. I'm willing to bet there's 2 loots, 2 stones and 0-1 gnarled staves if it is pre-2001 March.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20010411...edu/b/bdh113s/

Quote:
The only thing that's really changed is Faydedar. It still looks like only 2 VS stones a week so I would hardly say there will be an explosion in new druid epics. I think they should have made him much harder though, like a Trakanon-level encounter since he is triggered now. But either way, putting a quest piece on something like the old Faydedar or Quillmane is just poorly thought out.
Quote:
But this is not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is the Uber guild selling or destroying the stones. This is the problem I have with the epic.
http://web.archive.org/web/200107141...cID=4694.topic

Quote:
I heard it can be done. I know for a fact at least one player on my server multi'd the VS stone. I ended up multiquesting the spirit of Faydwer (brownie was last piece I would need, and was broken so I multi'd with a retired druid who had that piece). 'Uber' guilds have been known to charge money for multiquesting the stones they got before remains were implemented.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Loot the gem he drops" sounds like a pretty sure thing.

Compounded with all the loot lists I posted...

Does anyone have access to Alloria's screenshot archive? There has to be a screenshot of a VS corpse among them. With loot table opened. I'm willing to bet there's 2 loots, 2 stones and 0-1 gnarled staves if it is pre-2001 March.
Couldn't find any VS screenshots in the Alloria stuff I saved.

The EQ Druids write up does help the argument for at least one dropping every time. At this point, I'm on board with 2x each time until a post comes up showing him drop 0-1 stones.

On live, I camped real Fay, but VSR was already introduced by the time I finished the quest.

All this talk of VS's pulsing green stones dropping could get really weird in a roleplay sense.
Closed Thread