Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Fire Giant

Default Bard Song Twisting Macro's

Hey guys, just installing the game right now and wanted to play a bard again like in the old days, but my question is this: Will the bard song macro /melody (number of the bard song desired) work? If there are no macros that work for twisting bard songs then I really dont want to play one again, all that twisting is hard on the hands.

If this macro doesn't work but there are others that do, I would appreciate any info you have on the subject.

Thanks,

Sizar
Old 05-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Kobold

It's back to the bare minimum with twisting.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Fire Giant

Ohh ouch. K there goes that idea.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Orc

You can probably experiment with /cast though it could get messy if you're interrupted in the middle of it or miss a note.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

I'm surprised no one has bitched that /melody isn't classic, yet.

I know the devs work ahrd at making this as "classic" an experience as possible, but I hope /melody gets worked in at some point/somehow. i never had it when I played a bard back in the day, but anything to help fight repetitive stress injury is a bonus in my book.

You can still play a bard, and twist it old school, just pay attention to how you hold your twisting hand in the meantime. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

I am playing my first bard now, so I never experienced "true" twisting in live, whatever that may have been like. However somebody told me about these macros that work flawlessly. I am able to twist 3 songs consistently without fail, and there is no trick or chance involved in it. I have a macro for all 8 of my slots, each one goes like this:

/stopsong
/pause 1
/cast #

# being the song slot number, 1-8. I keep them assigned to hotkeys 1 - 8, and typically hit one button every 1.5 seconds. No double tapping is required, and it never fails unless I get stunned or something.

Like I said I never played a bard on live, but I can't really imagine it being any easier than this?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

I would have songs all on the keyboard assigned to 1-8 (1-6 originally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

tap 1, song starts, tap 1, then 2. song starts, tap 2, tap 5.

this while running around behind the mob and tapping ` to attack, then twisting in a mezz song for the add that just appeared, off-tanking the OTHER add that appears five seconds later, right after i refresh song 1, then continue where I left off, etc, etc, etc.

In a casual situation, macros are fine, but when the shit hits the fan, I think I'd prefer the flexibility of doing it manually.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

I played a Bard during Kunark/Velious, and you just plain got used to twisting (muscle memory FTW). It became 2nd nature to do it while moving / fighting / positioning. But dang... talk about a fast way to get carpal tunnel! In the end... definitely classic. Sorry man.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

If you have $37 a Nostromo is nice to have. It puts your hand in a good position to minimize injury, and you can program the keys so all 8 songs are in a 4x2 setup.

[][][][]
[][][][]

You will be a twisting god.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMagic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a Bard during Kunark/Velious, and you just plain got used to twisting (muscle memory FTW). It became 2nd nature to do it while moving / fighting / positioning. But dang... talk about a fast way to get carpal tunnel! In the end... definitely classic. Sorry man.
^this.

It might sound like alot of work to someone new to the Bard class, especially if there was apparently a /melody command that did the all work for you (I quit before this was implemented). But like FatMagic said, it's all about practice. Repetition, repetition, repetition. Bards get plenty of that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread