PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to Abacab

Alawen Everywhere
06-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I've been thinking about Abacab this morning and I'd like to make a public apology to him here.

I disagree with much of Abacab's behavior in game and on the forums. I think I have every right to call him out and/or ridicule his posts and antics.

However, I think I went over the line in bringing up anything about his real life. The path to becoming a professional musician is insanely difficult with almost incomprehensible levels of competition along the way. If this is his life's dream, I wish him well. It is crude and inappropriate for me to ridicule his ambitions because I don't like the way he plays a video game. It's also absurd for me to dismiss any talent he may have without ever hearing a single note he has sung, played or written.

Similarly, it is none of my business if Abacab has a trust fund. I wish I had one, but I'm not from money and I have to earn my own way in the world. My reaction to his claims of a comfortable life with little effort was obviously spiteful jealousy.

I don't think I took part in the negative comments about the picture he posted of his girlfriend. I think it's fair game to dress him up with the haystack but I think bashing on his girlfriend's appearance is also over the line. If I did have any part in it, that was inappropriate as well.

Abacab, I sincerely apologize for anything I've written, whether explicit or implied, about your life outside Project 1999. It was inappropriate and I'll do my best to avoid anything like this regarding life out of game with you and everyone else. I don't expect any sort of quid pro quo in this matter--I'm sure I'll continue taking a beating for everything imaginable on these forums from you and others--but I need to be proud of my own words and actions.

Kainzo
06-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't know who you are or what you are referring to, but your apology was well written. You deserve, perhaps, icecream.

Shannacore
06-18-2010, 01:09 PM
yay!

Reiker
06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Abacab post your music

guineapig
06-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Thread has been rated.

I respect this.

BlackBellamy
06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Real Apology:

"I'm sorry for the things I've said"

Fake Backhanded Non-Apology:

"You suck. I'm sorry for bringing up your trust fund. TRUST FUND!!!! I'm sorry my life of hardship and work didn't prepare me to deal with your entitled, lazy, shiftless ass. I'm sorry your girlfriend is ugly too. I didn't say anything originally but I wanted to bring it up here so everyone can search for the post. Sorry again!"

Alawen Everywhere
06-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Real Apology:

"I'm sorry for the things I've said"

Fake Backhanded Non-Apology:

"You suck. I'm sorry for bringing up your trust fund. TRUST FUND!!!! I'm sorry my life of hardship and work didn't prepare me to deal with your entitled, lazy, shiftless ass. I'm sorry your girlfriend is ugly too. I didn't say anything originally but I wanted to bring it up here so everyone can search for the post. Sorry again!"

I said what I meant. I don't know if Abacab has a trust fund. It's none of my business whether he does or not and I already admitted that my reaction was spiteful jealousy. I don't think there's anything wrong with his girlfriend's appearance and if she were ugly it would be even more inappropriate for anyone to remark upon her appearance.

My apology was and is sincere and I resent you implying otherwise. I play too many video games and sometimes I like to criticize and argue among myriad other personal faults and shortcomings, but I do genuinely try to be a good man.

azeth
06-18-2010, 01:54 PM
flame/nerd rage/horseshit forum behavior aside

you've presented yourself wholly and as the bigger man

/clap

Combo
06-18-2010, 01:55 PM
...must... not...

I CAN'T RESIST:

COOL STORY BRO

Taxi
06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Im starting a gamble pool. How many posts before this is moved to R&F?

Aarone
06-18-2010, 02:07 PM

Shannacore
06-18-2010, 02:46 PM

There's no reason for this to turn into a R&F thread!

bullet
06-18-2010, 02:56 PM
I've been thinking about Abacab this morning and I'd like to make a public apology to him here.

I disagree with much of Abacab's behavior in game and on the forums. I think I have every right to call him out and/or ridicule his posts and antics.

However, I think I went over the line in bringing up anything about his real life. The path to becoming a professional musician is insanely difficult with almost incomprehensible levels of competition along the way. If this is his life's dream, I wish him well. It is crude and inappropriate for me to ridicule his ambitions because I don't like the way he plays a video game. It's also absurd for me to dismiss any talent he may have without ever hearing a single note he has sung, played or written.

Similarly, it is none of my business if Abacab has a trust fund. I wish I had one, but I'm not from money and I have to earn my own way in the world. My reaction to his claims of a comfortable life with little effort was obviously spiteful jealousy.

I don't think I took part in the negative comments about the picture he posted of his girlfriend. I think it's fair game to dress him up with the haystack but I think bashing on his girlfriend's appearance is also over the line. If I did have any part in it, that was inappropriate as well.

Abacab, I sincerely apologize for anything I've written, whether explicit or implied, about your life outside Project 1999. It was inappropriate and I'll do my best to avoid anything like this regarding life out of game with you and everyone else. I don't expect any sort of quid pro quo in this matter--I'm sure I'll continue taking a beating for everything imaginable on these forums from you and others--but I need to be proud of my own words and actions.

Did you also apologize to your wife?

Serith
06-18-2010, 03:14 PM
np lol

Alawen Everywhere
06-18-2010, 03:37 PM

Every time you post this stuff, I picture Fred Armisen as David Paterson leering at the camera every time he slams New Jersey.

bullet
06-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Every time you post this stuff, I picture Fred Armisen as David Paterson leering at the camera every time he slams New Jersey.

:confused:

Every time you post this stuff, I picture you as Alawen Everywhere emotionally alone in his house playing Everquest.

:o

She is better off in the end.

:)

Taxi
06-18-2010, 04:29 PM
2 more posts and bets are closed.

astarothel
06-18-2010, 04:31 PM
:confused:

Every time you post this stuff, I picture you as Alawen Everywhere emotionally alone in his house playing Everquest.

:o

She is better off in the end.

:)

Sup anontroll

bullet
06-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Sup anontroll

Sup anondude.

Grind them platz.

Alawen Everywhere
06-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Sup anondude.

Grind them platz.

Oh! Oh! I know who Astarothel is in game!

G13
06-18-2010, 04:38 PM

This is the greatest post ever

astarothel
06-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh! Oh! I know who Astarothel is in game!

I know. I'm crafty.

astarothel
06-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Grind them platz.

Pretty sure I will continue to until the raid camping issue is resolved.
At least I can play and do what I want until then.

Abacabb
06-18-2010, 04:43 PM
It's all good in the hood...

Insults really don't give me a second glance, I'm pretty thick skinned, and to me it's all trollin' bro. It's cool and all you wrote an apology, and I'll stop slamming your relationship too, just don't be a dick dude and be bitter about very petty things that happened several months ago and we're good.

Also;

musics

http://www.mediafire.com/?nziqmojmiym

uploaded to mediafile for ease of download

YendorLootmonkey
06-18-2010, 04:44 PM
I HEREBY PROPOSE THE GENERATION OF A NEW SUBFORUM TO BE THE OPPOSITE OF THE RANTS & FLAMES FORUM. WE SHALL CALL IT "UNICORNS & RAINBOWS", AND I ALSO HEREBY PROPOSE THAT THIS BE THE FIRST THREAD TO CHRISTEN SAID FORUM!

Tudana
06-18-2010, 04:46 PM
I HEREBY PROPOSE THE GENERATION OF A NEW SUBFORUM TO BE THE OPPOSITE OF THE RANTS & FLAMES FORUM. WE SHALL CALL IT "UNICORNS & RAINBOWS", AND I ALSO HEREBY PROPOSE THAT THIS BE THE FIRST THREAD TO CHRISTEN SAID FORUM!
/hugs a & smooches all around!

Raren
06-18-2010, 04:47 PM
It's all good in the hood...

Insults really don't give me a second glance, I'm pretty thick skinned, and to me it's all trollin' bro. It's cool and all you wrote an apology, and I'll stop slamming your relationship too, just don't be a dick dude and be bitter about very petty things that happened several months ago and we're good.

Also;

musics

http://www.mediafire.com/?nziqmojmiym

uploaded to mediafile for ease of download

See Abacab is actually a really good guy i knew he was the whole time!

Abacabb
06-18-2010, 05:05 PM
See Abacab is actually a really good guy i knew he was the whole time!

http://memegenerator.net/Impeccable-School-Child/ImageMacro/1359344/Impeccable-School-Child-Bitches-dont-know-Im-really-a-good-guy.jpg

bullet
06-18-2010, 05:18 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5797/alala.gif

redghosthunter
06-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Bullet , THIS is Quality work... <Conan>

Zigo
06-20-2010, 02:28 AM
I don't know what your guys dispute was over, but I can tell you from experience that persuing a musical career is incredibly hard. I wouldn't dog on him, until you have heard the music at least =o\

President
06-20-2010, 02:40 AM
yay!

Do you post anything worth while? ever?

President
06-20-2010, 02:41 AM
I don't know what your guys dispute was over, but I can tell you from experience that persuing a musical career is incredibly hard. I wouldn't dog on him, until you have heard the music at least =o\

Would like to hear Abacab's "music."

Phatso
06-20-2010, 06:17 AM
PM...................... ftw?

ryuut1
06-20-2010, 08:04 AM
his music sucks. follow the link.

now, continue your dogging of the 'cab.

gnomishfirework
06-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Alawen, if you are really sorry, give me persmission to make fun of your RL.

Kreigore
06-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Actually, Abacab's girlfriend was pretty hot.

Wish the thread was still around~

gnomishfirework
06-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Alawen's sister is pretty hot. He should post her.

KilyenaMage
06-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BOhDo1vESw

Alawen Everywhere
06-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Alawen's sister is pretty hot. He should post her.

You guys blew your chance. My baby sis married a rich dude.