PDA

View Full Version : Is the /guildwar working

Penoy
11-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Being from RZ, would love to sort all this tension out in a /guildwar, making all the people in guilds involved flagged for PVP... not sure if this was in EQ live but, it would be fun... but like in early RZ i believe there was a 10 level limit rule with 1 item loot..!!!

someguy
11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
there's a reason RZ had such a low population

FatMagic
11-19-2009, 02:03 PM
To give you an honest answer - it wasn't in EQ Live, not on the PvE servers at least. And that is what this server emulates. So I doubt we'll see this implemented. Good thought though!

Penoy
11-19-2009, 02:36 PM

Well it seems fun, im sure it would relieve alot of tension lol and we are a small population!!!

Bigcountry23
11-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Actually, it was on live, just not immidatly and didn't last long (and there was no looting). I remember one of the guilds I was in did a weekly "war" in NRO with another guild. It was fun.

magic
11-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Being from RZ, would love to sort all this tension out in a /guildwar, making all the people in guilds involved flagged for PVP... not sure if this was in EQ live but, it would be fun... but like in early RZ i believe there was a 10 level limit rule with 1 item loot..!!!

I'd like to see it get sorted out by single players getting attacked by 6 man guild groups that then brag about killing a soloer.

Penoy
11-19-2009, 03:02 PM
I'd like to see it get sorted out by single players getting attacked by 6 man guild groups that then brag about killing a soloer.

Ya, thats true, that was the fun of being on RZ, have to be weary of whos in the zone. hehehe

someguy
11-19-2009, 03:07 PM
VZ/TZ is slightly below P99, why don't you play it if you want to relive the glory days of RZ? It could use some more adventurers! It isn't item loot, but is very fun. This is also coming from a fellow RZer, but I quit post velious. That's why I play both!

Penoy
11-19-2009, 03:09 PM
VZ/TZ is slightly below P99, why don't you play it if you want to relive the glory days of RZ? It could use some more adventurers! It isn't item loot, but is very fun. This is also coming from a fellow RZer, but I quit post velious. That's why I play both!

i tried it, everyone was basically max level, saw one guy lvl 34, i have no chance in catching up :p .... whats your chars name on RZ, ive probably killed you

Wildir
11-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I know for a fact that this was live on veeshan in the begining because I was recruited to be in a guild in my teens because they were having a guild war, seems like it lasted 24 hours, but not sure about that, and pretty much when you were out and about you trusted no one that was annonomous, the biggest fight was at the east commonlands/nek zoneline. there was a push/fight that lasted a very long time. it was fun and stressfull all at the same time.

Wildir

Penoy
11-19-2009, 04:22 PM
ya it would be awesome... someone told me pvp is a little broken tho.. i havent dueled that much on this server.... anyhow rogean or any other gm.. would this be even possible? to do a guildwar

Takon
11-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Ya, thats true, that was the fun of being on RZ, have to be weary of whos in the zone. hehehe

Seriously true. It took quite a while before I stopped constantly checking the zone and /guildstat'ing all the anon's.

Out of curiosity, who were you on RZ? My name should be no mystery.

Edit: Because I forgot about this until right after I posted!

I still remember the very first guild I joined on RZ. I joined it as a lvl 12 wiz and ended up in a guildwar with one of the planar guilds (can't remember which!). That shit was fun as hell! I remember having a 'battle' at the zone between Lfay and Steamfont. I zoned out and nuked Suma (50 war) and zoned back only to get rolled haha.

Spud
11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
aw no guildwars?

I always thought that feature was implemented on all the servers. (I too played on Rallos Zek)

I also was unaware that TZ/VZ didnt have item loot! whats the point??

stormlord
11-20-2009, 12:41 AM

/signed

To those wondering why no open-pvp:
You can /duel or go to the arenas and still express your manhood without resorting to ganking helpless newbies.

About /guildwar:
One question: Is it classic??

Spud
11-20-2009, 12:58 AM
/signed

To those wondering why no open-pvp:
You can /duel or go to the arenas and still express your manhood without resorting to ganking helpless newbies.

About /guildwar:
One question: Is it classic??

i dont really see what /guildwar has to do with ganking helpless newbies.

both guilds have to consent right?

and RZ's population wasnt that low, it always had 1k+ from what i remember

Wildir
11-20-2009, 10:03 AM
absolutely it is classic, that is why we are discussing it, this was in the original game from release, not that I would care to do it again, but it was still something that was fun to do in the beginning of the game.

the guildwar I was in would have been april or may of 1999 for sure, I was in my mid teens for sure, because it was the first time as a high elf that I left faydwer. I had heard about freeport but never took the time to find it because I was having too much fun in crushbone.

Wildir

Zarniwooop
11-20-2009, 10:24 AM
That would be the most abysmal thing imaginable.