PDA

View Full Version : Solo Spots For 54 Shaman

daemionx
03-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm looking for new spots to solo when I don't have time for groups or duos and such. I can do all right in CoM but I'm hoping for a change of pace...and maybe fewer people hanging around (when I want to solo, I want to be anti-social!) I want to be able to AFK for extended periods of time without worrying about getting run over by a train or wanderers. Something with a bit more cash potential would be a plus. Any ideas?

54 Barbarian Shaman here with no epic, no JBB, and no fungi (meaning I go really slowly and have to med a lot!) Thanks!

Toehammer
03-09-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm looking for new spots to solo when I don't have time for groups or duos and such. I can do all right in CoM but I'm hoping for a change of pace...and maybe fewer people hanging around (when I want to solo, I want to be anti-social!) I want to be able to AFK for extended periods of time without worrying about getting run over by a train or wanderers. Something with a bit more cash potential would be a plus. Any ideas?

54 Barbarian Shaman here with no epic, no JBB, and no fungi (meaning I go really slowly and have to med a lot!) Thanks!

hmm... this is a hard one, CoM is quite good before 55/56. However, I found 54, 55, 56 to be the slowest exp... even with a JBB. From 50-54/55 I did guards inside Kaladim, however you are a barbarian... so that might be out of the question. However, you might want to look into other evil guards doing root/rot.

To be honest, I would just join a group... solo on a shaman without JBB or epic in your 50s can be really annoying. Level 56 and the acquisition of Paralyzing Earth (3 min root) is the turning point. I did 57-60 (JBB + epic) on Howling Stones entrance mobs and pit in FAR LESS time than 54-57. I cannot even remember where I was 54-57...

Cholk
03-09-2013, 02:34 PM
HS north, if you can get past the 4 spawn before the drop down.

Tecmos Deception
03-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Why bother with north? Without tunic, staff, jbb, or epic, it will be rough breaking rooms to get any named loot, and you will ocassionally have to deal with caster NPCs spawning in the hallways. Just do entry area and be careful not to aggro the pather by east door. Basement would be harder cause of more HTing mobs and potentially some wizards, but still better than north imo.

Atennu
03-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Ogre guards in Neriak are like 55 arent they? Be great for a barb

Swish
03-09-2013, 09:07 PM

I'm not well acquainted with the Hole, but I'm sure if you can get to the undead "village" type area there's some good soloing to be had in the mid-50s. Not sure if the pathing is all 100% though - Paineel guards have some interesting pathing to say the least!

daemionx
03-09-2013, 11:02 PM
I suppose it's time to do the turn-in for my HS key! Never been in there before - I'd been hesitant to do the turn in because I was using the prod as my main weapon but I have a Beetle Stinger now to replace it.

I'm not very familiar with Neriak - which zone are these guards in? Also, are they warriors?

I'm not well acquainted with the Hole, but I'm sure if you can get to the undead "village" type area there's some good soloing to be had in the mid-50s. Not sure if the pathing is all 100% though - Paineel guards have some interesting pathing to say the least!

I've been down to the undead tower (in a full group) and it seems highly dangerous (and like a very bad place to die). Also, the mobs there seem like they resist everything.

Byrjun
03-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Okay a few things:

Get you epic asap. Don't worry about leveling or money or anything until you have it. Bind in Feerrott, ask guilds that do Fear frequently if you can tag along, or just join one of those guilds yourself. The epic is incredibly easy and you need it, now. Since you've been doing CoM I assume your faction is maxed already.

Once you have your epic you have a couple great options. But I will recommend you do not do the Hole. First of all, the very first pull is 6 mobs and extremely difficult to handle at your level, especially without paralyzing earth or gear. Second, the rock golems will fuck you up. They have incredibly high MR, hit really hard, and have way too much HP. They'll probably kill you if you get past the 6 spawn at ent somehow. Finally, dying in here is rough. It'll be quite difficult to get a rez out there, let alone a rogue/necro to get your corpse unless you have connections (guild, etc).

The two best leveling options imo are:

HS entrance. No surprise, this is the most popular shaman soloing area in the game at your level, and some people do it all the way to 60. When I did it I used 1 scourge per mob and epic clicked until dead (root rot). You can keep the entire thing clear, but east wing is tough because you need good timing to avoid the pather and probably levi to pull the golems themselves down. A warning as well, the roamers that spawn at the entrance pad love to run past the east wing and can chain aggro the east pather, which will be disastrous for you. To avoid this, kill the south wing golems last in your rotation, and then pull the entrance roamers from the south. This means they never have to path by east to get to you and means you'll be safe from training yourself. Like I said, some shamans go all the way to 60 here but there's two problems with that. One is that it's incredibly boring. Two is that the exp gets bad around 57-58+. Also, this camp is very popular so it may not always be available, especially during primetime.

The second leveling spot I recommend is the trash mobs outside efreeti in solb (the imps and lava elementals). The advantage to this is that the mobs are higher level and give much better exp, and its a lot more dangerous and therefore much less boring. It's also a lot less camped and more available. The efreeti is somewhat commonly camped, but most people just kill the mobs in his room, leaving plenty for you. The aggro range here is kinda insane, and I've had as many as 6 mobs aggroed on me at once root rotting, so be careful (hope you've been going for HP gear). My strategy was to sacrifice a pet into a group of mobs and then root the 3-4 that would aggro as they try to kill your pet. Same tactic as HS ent, though. The experience here is way better. I was getting 1% about every 6 minutes or so at 59, which is incredibly fast for that level.

Tecmos Deception
03-10-2013, 12:52 AM
You don't need "good timing" to avoid the east pather. You just need "not horrible" timing. But good advice about how mobs will path over by east stairs frequently and drag the nasty 51+ dude down onto you.

10% per hour in 59 is crazy fast :p

Toehammer
03-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Interesting to see that I agree with pretty much every person here.

I did 56-60 bouncing between HS entrance and Sol B efreeti. Fastest exp was Sol B, but safest was HS entrance. 57-60 I did in probably half the /played time than 54-57, simply because the epic is free 1k damage every 1.5 min give or take. For a 3 min root, you get about 2k damage from 2 epic clicks... that is the key to soloing post 50.

daemionx
03-12-2013, 02:45 AM
So it's true that I've had max faction for a long time - I always imagined that my epic would be something that just happened miraculously, though, as I generally only have time to play on Saturday mornings or occasionally late at night on week days. What is the spawn time on golems anyways? Are there often late night fear raids (euro guilds?)

wwoneo
07-02-2013, 04:04 AM
I've just gotten my alt shaman to level 54 (got epic/jbb/fungi etc) and I see a lot of love for HS, but I was wondering how does Chardok match up in terms of exp/loot for a shaman soloing? I personally haven't tested anything outside of SolB & KC yet.

Aaron
07-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Chardok is full of casters, summoning mobs, adds, and AoE groups.

Cords
07-05-2013, 01:47 AM
yea Chardok is just bad business, for shaman solo. theres nothing to add, HS is the place to be post 50, and your epic is one of those required epics to have out of any class.