PDA

View Full Version : Chain pet?

murcielago200
03-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Just started playing a Mage and I was wondering how do you chain cast pets(think that's what it's called) without the mob eating you between reclaim energy and recasting pet?

Nagash
03-11-2013, 07:33 PM
2 possibilities I know of:
1- Use the earth pet and reclaim/resummon as soon as it roots something. Between the duration of root and the travel distance to you, you should be good
2- Don't reclaim: when pet gets low on HP, cast your favourite summon spell and type in "/pet get lost" (without the " ") then wait until cast is almost finish to hit enter. This will destroy your pet right before the new one pops. If you didn't do any damage to the mob, the new pet shouldn't have issue getting aggro

Couple of notes:
- reclaim is based on the % of life remaining to your pet so reclaiming a low life pet has very low return. Only way to get a good return is if your pet is high in HP but there shouldn't be too many situations like this and when there are, they are usually safe (before zoning, mob in run mode...).
- pet chaining is not viable (due to mana consumption) until later in life. At level 31, I still don't find it worth my while unless I'm teasing a really big mob (more like the big mob is teasing me).

Estu
03-12-2013, 09:43 AM
reclaim is based on the % of life remaining to your pet

Wow, I had no idea about this. Thanks for the tip!

Nagash
03-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Wow, I had no idea about this. Thanks for the tip!

You are welcome. This wasn't initially the case on Live but got quickly nerfed because magicians using a focus item and conj spec'd could regenerate their mana at an absurdly high rate.

Estu
03-14-2013, 09:46 AM
You are welcome. This wasn't initially the case on Live but got quickly nerfed because magicians using a focus item and conj spec'd could regenerate their mana at an absurdly high rate.

Aha! Clever.