PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose: The ONE thing you would change about EQ

Braelyn
06-20-2010, 10:21 PM
All of us on these boards love EQ (and project1999), otherwise we wouldn't be here, but if you had to choose just one about EQ that you could change, what would it be?

For me, it's obvious: Allow pvp players to be healed and buffed by pve players in their own groups I've never understood this rule, and I wish something could be done about it.

Aeolwind
06-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, I'm already changing the one thing I would change....everything after Velious being a bad dream lol.

Tryfaen
06-20-2010, 10:45 PM
I would make mobs more difficult for casters by making everything in the game summon and everything a belly caster in an effort to help equalize casters and melees vs monsters.

President
06-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Remove anonymous and roleplay.

Phallax
06-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Put melee push in. I miss this feature so much!

Daywolf
06-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Add SWG style auction system through an NPC. Though each auction NPC being independent and not networked into a world wide system. 3hr max timer and no price/bid limit.

Thing I'd hate the most would be instances. Absolutely hate instancing.

Cribanox
06-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I would make hp regen be equally as fast as mana with meditate, only while sitting and nothing is aggro on you.

Skope
06-20-2010, 11:58 PM
instanced dungeons -- something WoW did right!

Bazaar! -- many may claim that it killed EC tunnels and player interaction, but who interacts with players who are selling items? Half the time they're trying to screw you on the price of an item such that it only lessens the sense of community. Bazaar allowed you to focus on the stuff that actually mattered -- groups and guilds, encounters and zone/dungeon hopping -- without being bothered to sit in a zone for hours on end trying to find an item.

soup
06-21-2010, 12:02 AM

this

or at least change roleplay so it doesn't hide class/level/race so people can still put up a flag saying "Hey, let's roleplay!" without hiding everything else.

Haynar
06-21-2010, 12:15 AM
I would make mobs more difficult for casters by making everything in the game summon and everything a belly caster in an effort to help equalize casters and melees vs monsters.

Casters do need some of that special kind of lovin.

Haynar

Haynar
06-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Put melee push in. I miss this feature so much!

If it were only that simple. But to do it, so we don't end up with mobs always getting pushed through walls, is the hard part.

Its on the long list of things to look in to implementing.

Haynar

Qaedain
06-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Faster medding.
HP medding equal to mana medding out of combat.
10-20% cheaper spells.
Change anon/role to reveal location or level and location.
Cheaper alchemy.
A functional Z axis.
Better swimming controls.

Zigo
06-21-2010, 12:54 AM

Bazaar! -- many may claim that it killed EC tunnels and player interaction, but who interacts with players who are selling items? Half the time they're trying to screw you on the price of an item such that it only lessens the sense of community. Bazaar allowed you to focus on the stuff that actually mattered -- groups and guilds, encounters and zone/dungeon hopping -- without being bothered to sit in a zone for hours on end trying to find an item.

.... I pretty much hate your guts now =O)

Phallax
06-21-2010, 01:25 AM
If it were only that simple. But to do it, so we don't end up with mobs always getting pushed through walls, is the hard part.

Its on the long list of things to look in to implementing.

Haynar

Hey its a wish thread, i can dream cant I?!

Just that raid positioning was one of the few things you could consider 'raid skill'. If you sucked at it, risking pushing a target through geometry / on top of something out of loot range was something you had to try and avoid.

abbadox
06-21-2010, 04:16 AM
UPGRADED GFX ENGINE to suit the powerhouse PC's of today.

1: Realistic Models/animation
2: Realistic Maps w/no zones
3: Better questing Interface.

RKromwell
06-21-2010, 04:19 AM
UPGRADED GFX ENGINE to suit the powerhouse PC's of today.

1: Realistic Models/animation
2: Realistic Maps w/no zones
3: Better questing Interface.

Did you try Vanguard?

I do agree with three though.

pickled_heretic
06-21-2010, 05:52 AM
Balance the classes.

In a related point, I'd also make it so 3 classes can't solo 95% of the content in the game.

Xenephex
06-21-2010, 07:25 AM
I've always wished that there was more 'balance' amongs zones of similar levels; Specifically - more reason to go to underused zones, so that you don't always end up with a cluster flock of people in a relative handful of zones.

There are very few completely empty zones on this server right now, but I think that even after Kunark is released, some old world zones will start to empty out pretty quickly, and I kind of think that's a shame.

Micer
06-21-2010, 08:16 AM
I'd disable the ability to gate/port inside dungeons.
Allow evac but have it cost 70% of the casters mana.
Regular ports cost 50% mana.

twincannon
06-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Make it so players that strafe don't skip all over the damned place! This isn't a request to EQEmu of course, I'm sure this is some deep-rooted engine issue considering EQ has always had it. Just such an annoying bug that has always been around haha. Even worse now that on p99 everyone is a vet and knows about the forward/strafe to go faster and outrun mobs trick, so you see people teleporting in small bursts down a path. :)

That, and rework mouse sensitivity so it's not tied to FPS - either horizontal or vertical mouselook movement is tied to FPS so if you have too much FPS, your yaw might be higher sensitivity than your pitch and that is super annoying. Again probably a deep seeded engine issue.

Can't think of much else aside that. P99 specific: remove the client UI ability to have maps? lol

Oh, and classic skele/wolf models, but the community is still hard at work on that.

Yeah this is so fail I am surprised you're here. Non-instanced dungeons are probably one of the main reason to play EQ, and the "real player" trading (regardless of where it's at) is just another way to promote socialization, and it definitely works, I have struck up multiple fun conversations with the people I am trading with, way better than just searching through some endless hallways of ghosts... plus bazaar = nexus = super fail.

In the end it is all about socialization, something EQ promotes in every facet of it's design, and something new MMOs have long since forgotten - they even punish it with how questing works; grouping with players is just a hassle and everyone prefers to solo. Why even play an MMO when the game you play forces you to solo? You solo to the top, you join a guild of complete strangers, who go off into their own private little dungeons, get their own private loot and then they go /afk in town to show off their gear next to people who have the same exact items as them. So unbelievably stupid.

astarothel
06-21-2010, 08:58 AM
The tradeskill mechanics a little bit so it was less RSI intensive on bulk combines like swatches.

SpartanEQ
06-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Pretty much everything I'd change has been changed here, and that's why I play here. Less is more for me. NO instancing, NO bazaar or auction, NO longsword of destruction +10 with added lightning damage at lvl. 5, etc. Changing one thing brings you closer to changing the second thing, which brings you closer to changing the third and before you know it, the game is so dumbed-down you can play it in your sleep. At that point what IS the point?

...OK maybe updated and more varied graphics, but that doesn't change the game; it just changes the way it looks.

Phallax
06-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Pretty much everything I'd change has been changed here, and that's why I play here. Less is more for me. NO instancing, NO bazaar or auction, NO longsword of destruction +10 with added lightning damage at lvl. 5, etc. Changing one thing brings you closer to changing the second thing, which brings you closer to changing the third and before you know it, the game is so dumbed-down you can play it in your sleep. At that point what IS the point?

...OK maybe updated and more varied graphics, but that doesn't change the game; it just changes the way it looks.

Yea the first time I played WoW I saw people with "particles" on their weapons, and was like wow that weapon is bad ass wonder what it is?! Only to find out all you have to do to get particles is to enchant...I was like wtf.

Kainzo
06-21-2010, 09:35 AM

I think WoW did this and it was horrid. You should have the ability to hide your zone/level from stalkers.

Zoning into places faced the wrong way and then zoning the hell right back out. Always angered me.

PhantomRogue
06-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Id change the LFG Function. The ONLY thing I liked about WoW was the Random Dungeon Finder feature... I thought it added a ton of fun to an otherwise boring game.

twincannon
06-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Yea the first time I played WoW I saw people with "particles" on their weapons, and was like wow that weapon is bad ass wonder what it is?! Only to find out all you have to do to get particles is to enchant...I was like wtf.

haha seriously

I remember getting my ragebringer and being like "duck and look really close and you will see a tiny green dot flash by sometimes!!" - being all proud that I had a fabled "particle weapon".

Ripcord
06-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Always thought the tradeskilled items should be more on par with loot drops, the rewards for being anything but a jewelcrafter were pretty much not worth the time it took. Got better with velious though.

Dantes
06-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Splattering blood when I beat the crap out of a mob.

Reiker
06-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Sounds like you all want to play WoW instead.

Excision Rottun
06-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Add /melody to bards on P99.

Flicka
06-21-2010, 10:40 AM
All dead bodies of ogres & trolls are reduced to gnome size. And once a body has been rezzed you've got 30 min to get your a_grub_01 off it before it rots. And nobody under lvl 30 can be rezzed at all, just revived. Ok that's 3 things. :D

Akame
06-21-2010, 10:43 AM
I'd like to add a ban button so I could nuke players that annoy me.

;p

Brut
06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Mage pet reagants would be like blue diamonds at 49 and fire emeralds at 30s. Scaling in price to make em pay big!

guineapig
06-21-2010, 11:19 AM
I'd disable the ability to gate/port inside dungeons.
Allow evac but have it cost 70% of the casters mana.
Regular ports cost 50% mana.

Evac is there for emergencies. If it cost 70% of a druid or wizards mana... and it's an emergency situation. How often do you think either of these classes would have that much mana?

Also using a percentage makes no sense. A level 40 could have anything from a 1300-2000 mana pool depending on their gear.

guineapig
06-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Mage pet reagants would be like blue diamonds at 49 and fire emeralds at 30s. Scaling in price to make em pay big!

Honestly though, being able to chain cast pets at the cost of a malachite per cast is kinda silly.

Spud
06-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Id make Druids even more badass.

Druids should be able to mez stuff, feign death, duel wield, and cast clarity IMO

Aarone
06-21-2010, 11:48 AM
All dead bodies of ogres & trolls are reduced to gnome size...

This!

Destruction
06-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Well, I'm already changing the one thing I would change....everything after Velious being a bad dream lol.

+1 :D

Tocs
06-21-2010, 12:19 PM

I liked everything after Velious :(
AA's, the raids, the zones (Vex Thal, seru, ssra omg), etc. I had 386 days played in between Velious and Omens of War expansions.

Reiker
06-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah my #1 complaint is that classic raids are boring and easy as fuck. You may not like expansions after Velious but nothing prior compares to the intensity of Emp Ssra or Coirnav.

Micer
06-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Evac is there for emergencies. If it cost 70% of a druid or wizards mana... and it's an emergency situation. How often do you think either of these classes would have that much mana?

Also using a percentage makes no sense. A level 40 could have anything from a 1300-2000 mana pool depending on their gear.

How often? Not very that's pretty much the point, it's basically an "oh shit" button for 300 mana that doesn't scale. Which is why I used % instead of a hard number. As mana increases it trivializes the situational aspect of the spell even further.

I'll meet you half way and say that it should lower cast time, and 50% total mana.

Gandite
06-21-2010, 12:44 PM
How often? Not very that's pretty much the point, it's basically an "oh shit" button for 300 mana that doesn't scale. Which is why I used % instead of a hard number. As mana increases it trivializes the situational aspect of the spell even further.

I'll meet you half way and say that it should lower cast time, and 50% total mana.

And if the caster doesn't have that much mana when OH SHIT happens? You're also forgetting that evac is far from perfect in that it can and does sometimes leave people behind. It also still takes 9 seconds to cast and in an OH SHIT moment 9 seconds is an eternity.

This is an abortion of a thread and the vast majority of these ideas are rubbish.

Dantes
06-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Minor change that would supply some amusement: Make the bladed thulian claw dual-wieldable!

Feiel
06-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Minor change that would supply some amusement: Make the bladed thulian claw dual-wieldable!

To piggy back off of that... I would add a new race that takes on the aspects of Goro from Mortal Kombat. At that point, he could quad the claws.

veldamirx
06-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I liked everything after Velious :(
AA's, the raids, the zones (Vex Thal, seru, ssra omg), etc. I had 386 days played in between Velious and Omens of War expansions.

Agree, altho I quit after PoP... RZTW was a hell of a fight, prenerf...

I'd bring back the original tutorial level! 100% better than the "new" tutorial area SOE put in later.

pickled_heretic
06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Oh, and I'd remove all the nonsensical Exp penalties. (some of them do make sense)

Braelyn
06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
All of us on these boards love EQ (and project1999), otherwise we wouldn't be here, but if you had to choose just one about EQ that you could change, what would it be?

For me, it's obvious: Allow pvp players to be healed and buffed by pve players in their own groups I've never understood this rule, and I wish something could be done about it.

Any chance of this happening in Project 1999?

Derpus
06-21-2010, 05:13 PM
remove the /who command

astuce999
06-21-2010, 06:51 PM
I would do a memory blur IRL to all the players that currently play and start all over from scratch, so that no one would remember anything about EQ and would have to discover it all over again.

The nostaligia on p99 is awesome, but it still pales in comparison to what it was the first time around, when no one knew anything about drops, quests, zones, and every day was a new discovery!

cheers

Astuce Subterfuge
Bard of the 50th Song
Sapientia

Kinamur1999
06-21-2010, 06:55 PM
I would give melee a SHITLOAD more disciplines. When soe first started doing the disc revamp there were a lot of new discs that relied on player reaction, mob dodges a few abilities open up.

This was never implemented, why I'm not sure, however I would LOVE to see melees with more to do than just taunt, or backstab, or flying kick.

Daywolf
06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I would do a memory blur IRL to all the players that currently play and start all over from scratch, so that no one would remember anything about EQ and would have to discover it all over again.

The nostaligia on p99 is awesome, but it still pales in comparison to what it was the first time around, when no one knew anything about drops, quests, zones, and every day was a new discovery!

cheers

Astuce Subterfuge
Bard of the 50th Song
Sapientia
Hmm... actually I don't play for nostalgia. It's about the game mechanics and challenge level. If a new game came out with these mechanics I'd be all over it, even if I knew everything about it. But now most mmo's resemble solo/multi-player I-can-win CRPG's. I'd even be fine here with the updated player models, but no biggie, as longs as instances and perma-noob driven content isn't ever added. My 2 cents at least.

Thorbinator
06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I would like breeze to be implemented, make low level enchanters a bit more wanted.

Damaja
06-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Add some time of Bazaar or way to put stuff on the market for sell.

ssyrax
06-21-2010, 08:57 PM
If I could change one thing about the game it would be more dynamic quests that would effect the world as a whole. Thats always been the big thing thats been missing from MMO's for me. I remember UO promised a world that would evolve based on what players did, but it never really did do that, nor did any that came later. I hate that everyone does the same quest over and over, the quests should change and so should rewards.

Kazzok
06-22-2010, 02:02 AM
I would make pet reagents very expensive, and scaling up with level, but also make pets survive zoning and perhaps even invis. The idea being that if you let your pet die at higher levels, or decide to change elements or chain cast, you're out hundreds of plat.

guineapig
06-22-2010, 08:06 AM
I would make pet reagents very expensive, and scaling up with level, but also make pets survive zoning and perhaps even invis. The idea being that if you let your pet die at higher levels, or decide to change elements or chain cast, you're out hundreds of plat.

Being able to zone with pets completely trivializes breaking into Fear. I know it's not that difficult to break in if the raid is doing what it's supposed to but if you could just zone in with half a dozen pets that would be a litttle gimp.

Kazzok
06-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Being able to zone with pets completely trivializes breaking into Fear. I know it's not that difficult to break in if the raid is doing what it's supposed to but if you could just zone in with half a dozen pets that would be a litttle gimp.

Didn't think of that. Maybe planes can debuff you like PoSky (?) does, including killing your pet. Cost of doing business!

astarothel
06-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Gonna have to change my original choice.

I'd like my female Erudite to not do the booty shake running animation after using jboots.

guineapig
06-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I would like breeze to be implemented, make low level enchanters a bit more wanted.

It will be... within the next 4 to 10 months.

guineapig
06-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Didn't think of that. Maybe planes can debuff you like PoSky (?) does, including killing your pet. Cost of doing business!

Yes, that would be an appropriate compromise.

Kazzok
06-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Yes, that would be an appropriate compromise.

Actually I would go so far as to propose that any port, gate, or evac poof the pet if they are made to survive zoning and invis.

Makes sense to me in an RP perspective: the thing can walk next to you forever (zoning) and doesn't get confused if you're transparent to visible light (invis) - elementals and skeletons and spectres don't even have eyes to see you with in the first place; but as an arcane construct, it can't step through a portal.

BuzWeaver
06-22-2010, 07:21 PM

At least you're not bitter.

BuzWeaver
06-22-2010, 07:28 PM
The tradeskill mechanics a little bit so it was less RSI intensive on bulk combines like swatches.

As a tradeskiller myself I can appreciate the old school nostalgia, however a little tweaking would be appreciated.

BuzWeaver
06-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Id make Druids even more badass.

Druids should be able to mez stuff, feign death, duel wield, and cast clarity IMO

The final touches to complete a Druid, I couldn't agree more.

kai4785
06-22-2010, 11:22 PM
WoW style HP and Mana Regen. (In combat vs. Out of combat)
Instanced dungeons.
Remove Anon/RP
Fewer shared spells (ie: Paladins, Clerics, Druids, Rangers, and Shaman share the same pool of heal spells.)

You know, the kinds of things that you don't get right the first time around. The concept was pretty much D&D meets LotR, but the implementation lacked the type of balancing you only get from years of empirical study.

That being said, I want to note that "Classic" EQ should be exactly what it is now :) A game I play to reminisce about the "Good Ol' Days" when I walked to school in 2 feet of snow up hill both ways!

stormlord
06-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Varied and expressive breast animations for all female models of the various humanoid races and monsters.

Would be great for the social aspects of the game. They tried it with the Ykesha expansion and I think it was tremendously successful. I really wish they had went further with the idea.

If it had good physics could have small breasts, big breasts, heavy breasts, firm breasts, perky, etc. Could use a physics engine like Havok or PhysX. And a cpu core to help it along. That's what multi-cores are for.

Cronoclops
06-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Beef up warrior agro prior to Kunark release. I mean I understand "classic" but the ineffectiveness of warrior taunt is just plain dumb.

Remove the ability for clerics to exp res themselves < let them pay ridiculous prices for some greedy pos to click one button too>This way they can still make money but they still get the kick in the nuts from a fellow player like the rest of us.

ryandward
06-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Definitely I would love to see breeze implemented, I'm sure there are some spells that other classes get that were similar, low level spells, those would be very helpful. They didn't really pertain at all to Kunark, except that you had to go there to buy it.

Forlin
06-29-2010, 10:16 PM
ITT: Proposing ideas which SoE has implemented in live EQ over the years, while still complaining about anything post-Velious.

kaos057
06-30-2010, 04:26 AM

WTF is wrong with you? The two things that absolutely destroyed EQ is what you wish to see again?

kaos057
06-30-2010, 04:31 AM
Varied and expressive breast animations for all female models of the various humanoid races and monsters.

Would be great for the social aspects of the game. They tried it with the Ykesha expansion and I think it was tremendously successful. I really wish they had went further with the idea.

If it had good physics could have small breasts, big breasts, heavy breasts, firm breasts, perky, etc. Could use a physics engine like Havok or PhysX. And a cpu core to help it along. That's what multi-cores are for.

you need to get laid

Sarkhan
06-30-2010, 04:43 AM
The one main thing I would truly love to see in EQ is Rogues as a playable class for Iksars... With so many iksar bandits and such spread across Kunark, and them having their own faction "The Forsaken" which ties in to the iksar way of life / culture i think they really should have made Rogues a class iksars could choose... Iksars are already hated everywhere, have rogue iksars a step further and hated even inside cabilis. They could have a rogue GM in the caves close to shore in FoB and a few quests for them but not much else.

azeth
06-30-2010, 08:46 AM
1. breeze implemented pre kunark

2. allow warriors to AE taunt prior to AA's

3. allow mages to invis and keep their pet

4. increase HP regeneration when sitting and non aggrod

5. remove the spell book view when meditating prior to expansions

6. implement a loot distribution window that allows you to NEED GREED PASS. NEED > GREED > PASS ie Vanguard

7. implement /wherecorpse which will work like when a fellow PC "yells for help" providing the direction to that person.

8. (preface - I play a mage) absolutely do not allow chain casting pets, i just find this absurd. I don't think the solution is in increasing reagent prices, but I think pet spells should literally cost if not ALL of your mana, at least 80% of it.

9. implement a /kickwizard command for groups who realize their lazy ass wizard has been casting 1 nuke per minute and is full mana.

edit: apologies as the thread asks for ONE thing :p

Overcast
06-30-2010, 09:57 AM
In the end it is all about socialization, something EQ promotes in every facet of it's design, and something new MMOs have long since forgotten - they even punish it with how questing works; grouping with players is just a hassle and everyone prefers to solo. Why even play an MMO when the game you play forces you to solo? You solo to the top, you join a guild of complete strangers, who go off into their own private little dungeons, get their own private loot and then they go /afk in town to show off their gear next to people who have the same exact items as them. So unbelievably stupid.

You are right. I just found out about this server last night on EQ2.

Know WHY the EQ community is so much different?

In WoW - you can solo to max level, pretty much any class - AND get gear along the way.
In EQ2 - you can solo to max level, pretty much any class - AND get gear along the way.
In LOTRO - you can solo to max level, pretty much any class - AND get gear along the way.
Etc, etc, etc - it's really even true of Vanguard.

In EQ - good luck. You can kite mobs around the Karanas or whatnot if you are a druid/necro.
But - by and large - in original EQ - people NEEDED each other - like it or not ;) - Solo, while 'effective' was slow and your chance at a 'rare' item - was there, but not nearly as common as it was for a group digging through Runnyeye, or whatever.

That's what is so different between EQ classic and other MMOs. Socially, people need to interact for a 'full game experience'. In other games - maybe... a bit at end game, but that's about it.

No one to say, "hey remember when we were newbs and you... "

etc.. :)

But there's one other big thing that occurred to me - just about any class in EQ would end up 'in trouble' at some point. Sometimes - someone would bail you out, or you would bail them out. In classic - you know how many people I continued to talk to after that? :)

"Wow, thanks man, you saved my tail!!"
"NP, I was looking to do these too - need another?"

- Go see how often than happens in other MMOs.

Molitoth
06-30-2010, 10:25 AM
*Loot All Button

azeth
06-30-2010, 10:36 AM
*Loot All Button

/signed

Aeolwind
06-30-2010, 11:45 AM
One new feature that I'd forgotten: The Task System that was implemented. I really liked the way that it was handled vs the quest system in Warcraft. You still had a typing interaction with the NPC which lends more the RPG side of it (for me at least) and didn't directly detract from immersion.

-Would simplify epics.
-When you pickup random items throughout the world it could "task" you to go see soandso about it if it was involved in a quest & you'd previously encountered them (Hailed or checked merchant inventory).
-Could be tied to crafting and allow for less carpal tunnel inducing skill ups.

Out of every non-classic feature out there, this is about the only one that I have to give Sony an Attaboy for.

philandy
06-30-2010, 12:58 PM
The rise and fall of EQIM.

PhelanKA
06-30-2010, 01:14 PM
5. remove the spell book view when meditating prior to expansions

Huh? You don't need your spellbook open to meditate.

Extunarian
06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
7. implement /wherecorpse which will work like when a fellow PC "yells for help" providing the direction to that person.

Are you saying give everyone locate/sense corpse? I like that not everyone gets that, and I'm not even a bard/necro/sk.

azeth
06-30-2010, 01:38 PM
yea i always found that to really just be a kick in the balls. i mean its one thing to die in Frenzied camp in lguk and have to deal with a CR

its another animal altogether to die in WK and spend an hour looking for your gear.

justmy2cents is all

dallammarr
06-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Ok i know this feature wasn't put in til about the time of Luclin (not sure if it still exists) and it was only available on pvp servers and even though I didnt really play on PVP i did like the "project M" aka Monster function. What it did was at the char select screen on a pvp server, you had the "Monster" button and if you clicked it, you would spawn in a lowbie area as an NPC. You had all the abilities available to you that the NPC had. You could attack either PC's or other NPC's but you couldnt zone or talk. Was pretty fun to come on as a like a low level mage or sk or necro npc and give the reg PC a good run for their money as humans are far more unpredictable than the AI in EQ.

Sarkhan
06-30-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't quite agree with out of combat regen too. It takes away from bandages and mana regen spells / meditate as well as tactics and camps. You gotta base a group around muliple classes to avoid downtimes, OOC regen just enables easier soloing.

The new task system I didn't like as much either. Although frustrating I loved finding items and trying to figure out what quests they are for. I still have a big list of unknown items from kunark that are unsolved. . . Besides, it adds use for trackers and stuff instead of telling you where your quest npc is. Eq classic was and is amazing because it is a world, not a game. Later expansions and WoW are simply games like I can play on PS2. Classic is a world.

azeth
06-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Eq classic was and is amazing because it is a world, not a game. Later expansions and WoW are simply games like I can play on PS2. Classic is a world.

qft

scecie
06-30-2010, 07:13 PM
I would do something to help the poor monk and his weight limit. I'm all about keeping gear weight down and having to be picky with armor/weapons. But we can't make any money abroad leveling because we can't hold any loot or coin. Perhaps a Tinkerers bag at birth, or a 0% weight coin purse.

Orrrr...I'd do something with fist damage. Part of the mystique when I made my first monk in classic EQ was the idea that the monk fist could be stronger than any weapon. Being able to rely on fists throughout the game without needing a better weapon would cure a lot of the need for $$ as well.

Sarkhan
06-30-2010, 08:00 PM
In regards to Scecie, here is a nice little chart for your monk fist damage...

http://web.archive.org/web/20030810111143/eq.crgaming.com/misc/pages/hth.asp

scecie
06-30-2010, 10:16 PM
In regards to Scecie, here is a nice little chart for your monk fist damage...

http://web.archive.org/web/20030810111143/eq.crgaming.com/misc/pages/hth.asp

Yes depressing isn't it ;) I know the damages...they have just never been the ultimate weapon they were touted to be. There are reasons why that promise couldn't be followed through on I suppose, still it would have been nice.

RKromwell
06-30-2010, 10:21 PM
yea i always found that to really just be a kick in the balls. i mean its one thing to die in Frenzied camp in lguk and have to deal with a CR

its another animal altogether to die in WK and spend an hour looking for your gear.

justmy2cents is all

If you have /loc on a hot key it shouldn't take you an hour to find your body.

guineapig
07-01-2010, 12:52 PM
getting a /loc message when you die would be nice.

Dying due to server lag or loosing an internet connection while traveling can be brutal in certain situations.

You simply can't always rely on being able to click your location hotkey right before you die.

point blank
07-02-2010, 12:53 AM
A pass fail IQ test at player creation.

A lie detector on forums.

A muzzle for all those that scream nerf when it's not their class.

And a club to beat the snot out of name Nazis.

4 is better dan 1 :)

RKromwell
07-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Hummm, should it ever see the light of day. I would like it if the Plane of Growth is a full on PvP zone. It was where I took my ranger to die when I quit the game last. Right next to Tunare. I think it would be cool if I could defend her.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-03-2010, 03:46 AM
melee push did rock... fg discipline anyone?