PDA

View Full Version : Quality Hides drop ratio increased?

olderj
06-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey all. I'm new to the eqemu and the server. Let me tell you how happy i am to be playing classic EQ after 8 years!

I noticed that there seemed to be an uncommon number of High/Medium/Low quality hides dropping from the wolves in Misty Thicket. Is this normal? I probably looted 12 hides last night and only 2 of them were the "ruined" type (which i actually want...need to craft some newbie leather armor). Is this what you guys have been seeing?

Also i notice that all of the hides were non-stack able. Ouch!

Cheers,
Huffle

Ozz
06-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Check the vendors for ruined pelts...especially in EC...is where i found them when I started tailoring.

Xenephex
06-22-2010, 01:41 PM
From my memory, yes - the ratio of quality hides is significantly higher; and the rate of silk drops (at least spiderling) is significantly lower.

But... all of those things changed a lot and changed numerous times over the years. I'm not sure what the devs could possibly have to go on that would make the drop rates for everything just like they were during classic, so I've just decided to live with what they are.

Lill-Leif
06-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I can also just refer to my memory and pretty much agree with Xenephex. Good stuff during the lower lvls to get those vital first pieces of platinum. :)

olderj
06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey... i'm not complaining. A few more quality hides will make things a little better for all of us. I also noticed the low silk drop rate... glad it's not just me!

Thanks for the responses!

J