PDA

View Full Version : Raiding - Lets Face It

Cars
06-22-2010, 06:43 PM
The fact that the guilds on this server even talk about raiding with one another is ridiculous, the guilds on this server don't owe eachother anything and that includes fake friendly words or even the time of day to try and figure out this "raid situation". The way the server is right now for raiding is no one guilds fault and any sort of rotation, spawn variance or admin enforced rules around raiding only make it worse.

Everquest was designed from the feet up to be competitive, and when I say that I mean AS IT WAS DESIGNED and not how it has been altered since. EQ live had no spawn variance and EQ live had refreshed spawns EVEN ON RAID MOBS when the servers went down. Training people on live was not a bannable offense and only REPEATED HARASSMENT (like constantly training one individual every time he tried to collect his corpse) would result in any sort of punishment.

The reason why spawn refresh on server downs is so important is because it eliminates the sick amount of control that these petty little guilds have on our servers and to be honest I am sick of all the drama as I am sure so are many others. How does it eliminate the control you ask? It is painfully simple but I will explain. THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE GUILD THAT COULD DROP ALL 6 RAID TARGETS SIMULTANEOUSLY. So on every server refresh Multiple guilds would get chances at Raid targets. On top of that, the respawn time resets and the guilds that as of right now that are keeping timers on all the mobs lose that control (if you eliminate spawn variance) because most of those raid mobs will then spawn very close together, again giving more then one guild a Raid target to kill. Don't get me wrong, competition exists right now, but it is a different kind of competition then what was intended for EQ when it was originally created.

The only reason I mention above that training was not a bannable offense is because it played a large part on the raid scene on all servers. Having a tactical team of 24 people to mobilize and take down a mob, was important but you also had to have many more members there to protect against trains from other guilds trying to get you to wipe so that they could mobilize or having those extra members available to train other guilds that are aiming for the same target. THAT was the competition of the old game. Not a competition of days of waiting and spawn timing but a competition between powerful guilds that wanted the same mobs and even then everyone got a piece. Spawn times were definitely a factor because server refreshes were random and the mob timers would in time fluctuate but because they DID refresh no guild could control the mobs like they do now.

If server refreshes' repop all raid mobs, and if variance is eliminated not only will more guilds get chances at mobs and stop the endless whining of these top guilds, but we will finally and truly be a classic server. Kunark will not fix the issues that we currently have. The server is getting bigger and there will be more people fighting for the same mobs. If everything is kept the same as it is now then nothing will ever change.

I love this server dearly, and when I first found it I literally ran upstairs to my computer every day like a 13 year old kid again. I have only the creators of this server to thank for this and I absolutely appreciate everything that they have done and don't want to belittle any of them. What you guys have done with this server is lighting up the lives of about 1200 oldschool EQ players that thought it all ended too early or wished for a second chance. But the way it is now isn't working so if your goal is classic, atleast give classic a try.

Thanks.

--------------------------
Carsomyr Legend - Lost Souls - Gothic Circle

Aeolwind
06-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Ok, last time, since you apparently have reading comprehension issues. This would require us on a server down to flit from zone to zone and spawn crap. This isn't an option, we have enough shit to do already. We can't script it cause some douche bag will start crashing the zone repeatedly and get pops, possibly several.

If this isn't clear enough I'm certain I have some flash cards and a hand puppet I can break out.

Going back to tripling AC on planar mobs now =).

Pico
06-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Ok, last time, since you apparently have reading comprehension issues. This would require us on a server down to flit from zone to zone and spawn crap. This isn't an option, we have enough shit to do already. We can't script it cause some douche bag will start crashing the zone repeatedly and get pops, possibly several.

If this isn't clear enough I'm certain I have some flash cards and a hand puppet I can break out.

Going back to tripling AC on planar mobs now =).

If the spawn times are stored in the database couldn't you just make a quick SQL script to spawn all raid mobs and then run it every time you reset the server?

Everquest was designed from the feet up to be competitive, and when I say that I mean AS IT WAS DESIGNED and not how it has been altered since.

I don't know how you can say this considering the developers of Everquest didn't even know what a raid was when they were making it.

Cars
06-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Pretty snippy for a GM. But really you would have to be insane to think I am going to read through every single post to double-check and cross verify to make sure the things I am saying haven't been said.

But here is my rebuttal none the less and if it makes you want to ban my ass, so be it. Every single update that you guys put into this game, every single time the server goes down, is to make it more and more classic. Every single change you guys make for little quests, or face changes, or vendor names, or any of the other numerous things you guys change is to make it more and more classic. Some of those changes effect a lot of people, and some of them effect very very few. But they still get changed in the name of being classic. The one thing that should be at the top of that list, because it is the ONLY thing that effects every single person in this game, is the raid mobs. It is the source of all the drama, it is the source of all the joy, it is the source of all the competition, and it is the largest source of excitement and harbours more fond memories for more players then any other aspect of the game that you are helping to re-create.

If you are willing to put in the time to fix something so tiny that it may only effect 15-30 people I would expect that you would be worried about fixing the one thing that effects every single person and in one of the biggest ways possible. Ofcourse I personally think that spawning them individually each time would be worth it when it effects so many people but that is my two cents. But if you think people are quitting the server because Canloe Rusback is now only accepting single belts or because vendors do or do not sell bat wings, it is you that is insane. You could find a programmer on this server that could be dedicated ONLY to spawning mobs during server downs in a second flat if you needed to. But if you dont think its necessary to make THIS aspect of the game classic then there is nothing that we can do.

Try to remember that I actually do appreciate this server, and the work that goes into it, but I have to call a spade a spade and i dont see what makes sense about leaving the end game the way it is.

Alawen Everywhere
06-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Actually, top of the list should be mob run speed in my opinion, but I can't say I disagree with anything else you've said. I think the limitation here is the availability of developer time to create that magical script you imagined.

Or maybe they just don't want to. At the end of the day, it's their sandbox and we're just playing in it.

Aeolwind
06-22-2010, 07:58 PM
The point of all this isn't that we don't want to do this. It is because it is exploitable. And I haven't seen a single player come forward with a coded solution.

Yes, I'm snippy, 4th time this thread has surfaced. 4th time I've retorted our unfortunate position.

Let.
It.
Die.

Rogean
06-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Actually it would be relatively simple to write an sql query thats executed on every server patch... but we patch more often than live servers, and often have to do emergency patches and etc.

Erasong
06-22-2010, 08:38 PM
emergency boss kills YAY

President
06-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Actually it would be relatively simple to write an sql query thats executed on every server patch... but we patch more often than live servers, and often have to do emergency patches and etc.

Is it possible to create two types of patches. One that is the standard updates that GM's work on, and another that is basically just to respawn mobs? Once a week GM discretion mob repop would be fantastic.

Supreme
06-22-2010, 08:46 PM
You could actually do instancing..but that isnt classic=)

Cars
06-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I was going to ask the same thing, If there is a way to have the query as a seperate patch? Not that you would reset the timers and use it every week but classic was anywhere between 3 weeks and 8 weeks usually between patches. You could say once every 4 or 5 weeks attach the query to the latest/ patched version of the server and repop the mobs and restart the timers? I know nothing of coding, programming or scripting but I know you guys care about this as much as the players do. When 90% of the server used to be below lvl 46 I am sure this wasn't a huge deal but with how many players we have now and how many big guilds there are going to be, the current system just doesnt seem to work. Maybe I am wasting my breath and if it's unfixable then it is what it is but this problem will only get worse with the growth of our server population and the expansions that are set to come.

pickled_heretic
06-22-2010, 09:52 PM

Why not just write the sql query to be executed on command? Then the patchers can just run a simple command to respawn stuff when they wanted to (e.g. every other patch, or every 3rd patch, or whatever)

mr.miketastic
06-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Why not just write the sql query to be executed on command? Then the patchers can just run a simple command to respawn stuff when they wanted to (e.g. every other patch, or every 3rd patch, or whatever)

The script could be a DTS package that you could run on a schedule, but that would depend on the version of SQL you are running.

Cogwell
06-22-2010, 10:47 PM
nm

mastagee
06-22-2010, 11:55 PM
no one is saying to script it so that everytime the server or a zone goes down then all mobs will respawn. Obviously people would crash zones to exploit this.

Isn't it possible to write a query to respawn all the raid targets on command? You'd just have to randomly decide when to do this. If not just spawn the raid targets manually. There are only 6. The idea of exploiting always comes up but I just don't see how anyone will be able to exploit this if they can't do it already.

bullet
06-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Everquest was designed from the feet up to be competitive, and when I say that I mean AS IT WAS DESIGNED and not how it has been altered since.

EQ live had no spawn variance and EQ live had refreshed spawns EVEN ON RAID MOBS when the servers went down.

because most of those raid mobs will then spawn very close together, again giving more then one guild a Raid target to kill.

When Everquest was designed they didnt know better.

Everquest didn't work then and it won't work now, get over it.

p.s. your bullshit solution doesn't help anyone but people from America, just like the removal of global ooc/auction.

Beau
06-23-2010, 02:24 AM
The way the server is right now for raiding is no one guilds fault and any sort of rotation, spawn variance or admin enforced rules around raiding only make it worse.

That is actually dead on.

It is very true that no one guild would be able to simultaneously kill all six mobs on server up, at least not right now. Adds more to the mix.

It is also very very true that every time Soandso /petitions raid rules and admin buys into it, it just fuels the fire. Like ... Well like a spoiled kid that gets everything if they cry to their parents, when really the best solution is, unless its something major/life threatening, they should ignore, and/or discipline those children.

FFA really isn't that bad. EQ was a society built by the players. That means chaos or order, it was ultimately the players that shaped the nature of the server. Eventually it will work itself out, but nothing will change if an outside source is playing judge and jury. It should be handled amongst the players.

But yeah It cant be EVERY time the servers came up and down that just wouldn't be fair. There are far too many small patches here and there for that to make any sort of sense, and let's face it - We NEED those small patches.

G13
06-23-2010, 04:19 AM
FFA really isn't that bad. EQ was a society built by the players. That means chaos or order, it was ultimately the players that shaped the nature of the server. Eventually it will work itself out, but nothing will change if an outside source is playing judge and jury. It should be handled amongst the players.

FFA would be a complete disaster

People would just sit on the spawns with bards running AOE dmg songs

Nocte
06-23-2010, 04:29 AM

Could you write a script that made this happen every X days? (Where X is the approximate number of days between classic server patches).

Cyrano
06-23-2010, 04:40 AM
FFA would be a complete disaster

People would just sit on the spawns with bards running AOE dmg songs

Then they would most likely die, how can you expect a raid force to sit on top of a mob's spawn point with 96 hour variance and remain fully buffed and prepared the entire time? Even then, how many would it require for them to survive the surprise of this type of situation?

While one guild did that, other guilds would sit back a little bit and watch the first wipe.

I'm not saying FFA would totally destroy camping, but it would certainly cut back on it.

Bumamgar
06-23-2010, 05:44 AM

One of my fonder memories of Live is running 5 pickup Vox raids in 5 days the week of the Luclin launch due to SOE patching every day :)

That said, since we pretty much patch every week, having bosses respawn every patch would effectively replace the normal spawn timer for many mobs, and that's not good.

Rael
06-23-2010, 06:51 AM
THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE GUILD THAT COULD DROP ALL 6 RAID TARGETS SIMULTANEOUSLY. So on every server refresh Multiple guilds would get chances at Raid targets.

Not every raid guild can mobilize a raidforce at a moment's notice, so your scenario of every raid guild going after a different boss after a server reset is unrealistic. What would more likely happen is one or two guilds would plough through all of them sequentially while the other guilds slept/worked.

nicemace
06-23-2010, 07:18 AM
patch day races were an added bonus ontop of the already existing raid system.

what you are asking for is fixed spawn times every week. so lets say saturday or sunday will be raid day and thats it for the week. sounds pretty dull.

guineapig
06-23-2010, 08:14 AM
I'll see if I can come up with a proper script with working syntax over the next couple days but a lot of people are misquoting the original idea and confusing others with it.

When we say "simulated" we mean that the server wouldn't actually be brought down in order for this to happen and in fact the script wouldn't even run when the server is brought up after a patch.

The idea is to have a script tied just to the 6 raid mobs that are currently on the spawn variance timer.

So when 1 raid boss spawns the script checks to see if any other raid bosses are up.
If no other bosses are up it rolls a random number (say 1-6 for example).
If the correct number lands then the script spawns the other five raid bosses.
The script then goes into a cooldown state once this has been triggered (say 6 days for example).

This means that each boss has a small chance of popping the other bosses as well but it's pretty much guaranteed to never happen more than once a week if that. This also would not do away with spawn variance as all the bosses would still keep their original timers while the scrip is in cooldown mode or whenever the correct number isn't rolled.

No bringing down the servers, no threat of exploits. No respawning entire zones or anything crazy like that. It can all happen while people are in the game.

It forces guilds to go back to their old tracking methods. Sure they could sit and camp Vox for 2 days straight, but if everyone is in Perma and every other raid boss happens to pop at the same time as Vox that day then that guild is going to have to choose a target... maybe 2 at the most. The other targets will be raced for by other guilds.

Like I said, people misqote the idea and it doesn't even matter till I get some actual sample code up in here. I'll see what i can come up with.

(THIS POST IS NOT HERE TO BUG THE DEVS, it's here to clarify things to the people who keep posting threads about this to know what the hell they are talking about.)

Bumamgar
06-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Why would we want raid targets to respawn more frequently?

Kainzo
06-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Could have a 8 hour to 3 day repop window, sure buddy, go crash that zone but you might have to wait 3 days for the named to come back up!

girth
06-23-2010, 09:55 AM

Because they did on live, and here we have even more competition over said mobs then there was on live. Sorry the answer just seems PAINFULLY obvious here.

guineapig
06-23-2010, 10:03 AM

If you look at the odds of the script:

With the cooldown in place it would guarantee that you have a minimum of 6 days before it even has a chance to trigger again. And each mob only has a 1 in 6 chance of triggering the script. Odds are this repop of all bosses wouldn't happen more than once every week or 2 at best. I would even go as far as to say just have Inny, CT, Vox and Naggy using the script and leave out Maestro and Dracho. Hell, you can make the random number anything you want if you still thing the event would happen too often.

Dac321
06-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Cars, I don't know what server you played on but... I have never had to worry about other guilds trying to train us in order to take a raid mob. On the server I played, training was a suspendable offense. I don't know, maybe the server I played on, people were more civilized. Regardless I think the system that is being used now works. Although in time I think it will evolve into something better.

Plus, I'm sure if resetting spawns was a good idea, the developers would have already implemented it. They would know best if there were exploits and what have you...

Lucrio40
06-23-2010, 10:35 AM
I have to side (not that it matters) with the side calling for a bit more raid spawns. Hell, in my opinion, a lot of the fun and challenge of Classic EQ was how broken it was, in ways that both benefited and hindered players. I personally would like to play EQ as it was, with all the glitches except dupe glitches, instead of the way it "should have been."

guineapig
06-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Plus, I'm sure if resetting spawns was a good idea, the developers would have already implemented it.

That, or they are busy doing other vital things for the server that effect more people and don't want to deal with stupid guild raiding BS.

It's a silly statement to say that only the developers could have come up with a good idea.

I understand their plight. I know they would love us all to just STFU about this.
(sorry guys :o )

eqgamer
06-23-2010, 10:38 AM
I really don't see "the risk of someone exploiting a system" being a valid excuse not to implement it if it betters the current situation.

The idea that someone is going to exploit the server to crash a zone for insta-pops seems preposterous to me. Not only would they need a raid force willing to benefit from it to kill the said mobs, but also, we've only got what... an 800 player base on high traffic nights?

I'm fairly sure that either regular players would report what was happening or Devs could simply go through the zone logs to see Guild X killed Boss Y this many times in a row when the zone crashed 10 times in a single night, then take the appropriate action to the involved parties (IP Ban / Character Deletion seems good incentive not to hack a game from 1999...)

As it is, I don't recall seeing any regular zones mysteriously crashing since I started on P99.

Bumamgar
06-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Because they did on live, and here we have even more competition over said mobs then there was on live. Sorry the answer just seems PAINFULLY obvious here.
There's a huge difference between patch-day repops on Live and this:
If you look at the odds of the script:

With the cooldown in place it would guarantee that you have a minimum of 6 days before it even has a chance to trigger again. And each mob only has a 1 in 6 chance of triggering the script. Odds are this repop of all bosses wouldn't happen more than once every week or 2 at best. I would even go as far as to say just have Inny, CT, Vox and Naggy using the script and leave out Maestro and Dracho. Hell, you can make the random number anything you want if you still thing the event would happen too often.

Based on patch notes (not all of which necessarily resulted in a server restart, but we can assume most did), Verant patched approximately once every 2 weeks in 2000.

guineapig
06-23-2010, 11:49 AM
I really don't see "the risk of someone exploiting a system" being a valid excuse not to implement it if it betters the current situation.

For the last time you don't need to reset the server or even the zone!
Sorry man, but you really should at least read the previous few posts before you reply. Posts like yours end up burying the point that we are talking about spawning the raid bosses at once while the server is up and running. You can't exploit that...

guineapig
06-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Based on patch notes (not all of which necessarily resulted in a server restart, but we can assume most did), Verant patched approximately once every 2 weeks in 2000.

Agreed, obviously the number would need to be tweaked so that the average closely meshes with how often this would happen on live.

I was thinking:
1 in 6 chance,
4 rolls every 5 days (one roll per boss on the day that boss spawns per the current variance)
6 day cooldown once it happens
would work out to be once every a week and a half to 2 weeks on average

But this could be off by a little.

Cars
06-23-2010, 12:12 PM
What Guineapig wrote is not what I had intended. And I am not saying this because I want MORE raid mobs, I am saying this because the way EQ live refreshed raid mobs once every 3 weeks to 8 weeks or so also refreshed who controlled those mobs and gave different guilds a chance to enjoy the raid content and allowed for Pick Up Raids to even be possible. I'm also not suggesting this just to benefit north american players, the difference with this server and live is that live had MANY servers all over the world so you could play on a server that's peak time was one that worked with your area and I am sorry that you can't here but I am NOT saying this to screw over european players I am saying it because the server respawning raid mobs so that they are all popped at one time is CLASSIC and any idiot can see the benefit that it would have on this server.

The devs effort every day is towards a classic experience so if something like this is possible then they will implement it in a way that is not exploitable and that benefits everyone I am sure. Be it doing server refreshes in non-peak times or by keeping the standard timers on those mobs going, or keeping variance. I don't know. I only suggested it because it is a solution to a big problem on this server and at the same time it allows us to be more classic. It's the Natural Solution and that may not mean that it is going to solve every problem that we have but it is way god damn better then the way it is now.

eqgamer
06-23-2010, 01:12 PM
For the last time you don't need to reset the server or even the zone!
Sorry man, but you really should at least read the previous few posts before you reply. Posts like yours end up burying the point that we are talking about spawning the raid bosses at once while the server is up and running. You can't exploit that...

I read through this very short 4 page thread, thanks. You were not the OP so stop defending it like you were. The first Dev to post on this flamed the guy for introducing the idea on the basis that crashing the zones would be inevitable to exploit such a script. I was simply defending him, so stop getting your panties in a bunch.

guineapig
06-23-2010, 01:31 PM
I read through this very short 4 page thread, thanks. You were not the OP so stop defending it like you were. The first Dev to post on this flamed the guy for introducing the idea on the basis that crashing the zones would be inevitable to exploit such a script. I was simply defending him, so stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Fair enough but it seems the devs keep going back to the idea of restarting the server instead of the later idea of just scripting the 4 raid targets.

To use an actual zone or server reset to accomplish this would indeed be flawed and the devs should not have to police people that are purposefully trying to crash zones to get raid mobs. For starters, what if this was done at say 4am. What dev would be around to take action then?

ooantipostoo
06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Why not include an IF than statement to the script stating if zone crash's after patch respawn, then despawn "set raid mob".

Would be pretty simple.

Bumamgar
06-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Fair enough but it seems the devs keep going back to the idea of restarting the server instead of the later idea of just scripting the 4 raid targets.

Trust me, we're not considering a zone reset as the trigger for respawn :)

guineapig
06-23-2010, 01:54 PM

I didn't think you would man. ;)
You seem to know what's up.

ooantipostoo
06-23-2010, 01:58 PM

By the way, I thought it was against the rules of the server for a Dev to play on p99? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Edit: just found this "- All members of the GM Staff have the right to be playing on the server as your peers. Those whom fall into this category will have separate login details for their GM Access account and all GMs will have access to each others server logs (corruption will not be an issue). This will allow for GMs and players to be on a level playing field."

And corruption can still be involved. Dev's are aware of issue/release dates and so forth giving a clear advantage.

However I do remember reading somewhere that this was outlawed.

eqgamer
06-23-2010, 02:13 PM
To use an actual zone or server reset to accomplish this would indeed be flawed and the devs should not have to police people that are purposefully trying to crash zones to get raid mobs. For starters, what if this was done at say 4am. What dev would be around to take action then?

It's not terribly complex to keep logs of such things, such as when a zone went down/up, when a certain boss was killed, how many were in the zone etc.

Understandably there's always the "few" out there that do these things simply for giggles, but what would the point be to hack P99 for loots? Like I said, the population is so small that catching these actions would be terribly easy. With there being no other recreation to classic EQ out there right now like P99, I don't know how anyone would benefit from risking getting an IP ban from the server. Especially not an entire raid willing to get banned for it.

Cogwell
06-23-2010, 02:13 PM
By the way, I thought it was against the rules of the server for a Dev to play on p99? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Edit: just found this "- All members of the GM Staff have the right to be playing on the server as your peers. Those whom fall into this category will have separate login details for their GM Access account and all GMs will have access to each others server logs (corruption will not be an issue). This will allow for GMs and players to be on a level playing field."

And corruption can still be involved. Dev's are aware of issue/release dates and so forth giving a clear advantage.

That would be awesome:
"Please spend a ton of time coding for our server, then never play on it."

And by awesome I of course mean retarded.

ooantipostoo
06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
That would be awesome:
"Please spend a ton of time coding for our server, then never play on it."

And by awesome I of course mean retarded.

Yes, because this answered the question, but thanks for chiming in.

Bumamgar
06-23-2010, 02:20 PM

I am not a member of the GM staff nor do I have a GM Access account of any kind.

I am a source code developer, not a GM. All of my code changes are reviewed by Rogean and the other devs prior to going live.

ooantipostoo
06-23-2010, 02:22 PM
I am not a member of the GM staff nor do I have a GM Access account of any kind.

I am a source code developer, not a GM. All of my code changes are reviewed by Rogean and the other devs prior to going live.

Awesome, thanks for the reply dude : ) was just curious!

Thanks for helping code :D

Adso
06-23-2010, 02:26 PM

Haha good one! Let the dev's produce, code and financially support a free MMO for all... but not be allowed to play it! Man, thats rich.

Tell me I am reading this guy wrong... seriously. Like go ahead devs, you can jack off but you don't get to look at porn, feel it, or climax. At the end of the day you just have sweaty hands and callouses with nothing to show for it.

Good times.

nilbog
06-23-2010, 02:28 PM
My answer will not be as polite as Bumamgar's. You see, it's my job to protect the developers from people trying to troll them. In an industrial game setting, developers don't have to see or hear from dissidents. We do, but we certainly don't have to listen to it like you're a customer.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.You're wrong. You're wrong because its none of your business to know in the first place.

And corruption can still be involved. Dev's are aware of issue/release dates and so forth giving a clear advantage. You're wrong. You obviously have no idea of the difference between source and content development.

Perhaps you thought this was relevant in this thread about Raiding? It's not.

If anything changes, I may or may not let you know.

Chicka
06-23-2010, 03:45 PM
We can't script it cause some douche bag will start crashing the zone repeatedly and get pops, possibly several.

I think the point is that there were both scheduled and non-scheduled world re-pops due to server outage. I believe the desired end result is the re-pop and not necessarily the server outage. In fact I wouldn't want a re-pop on server outage here due to the ass-hattery that would ensue. Nothing stops it being simulated (apart from your time, which is much appreciated btw.) With this, perhaps we could get back to _playing_ eq instead of the camp fest it has become due to the 15 person rule <-- and it all comes from here, the only GM enforced rule.

Bringing back competition and getting rid of camping would only enhance the chances of the non-camping/casual guilds to get raid targets - plus there might actually be a hope in hell of a pug raid happening.

ooantipostoo
06-23-2010, 03:56 PM
My answer will not be as polite as Bumamgar's. You see, it's my job to protect the developers from people trying to troll them. In an industrial game setting, developers don't have to see or hear from dissidents. We do, but we certainly don't have to listen to it like you're a customer.

You're wrong. You're wrong because its none of your business to know in the first place.

You're wrong. You obviously have no idea of the difference between source and content development.

Perhaps you thought this was relevant in this thread about Raiding? It's not.

If anything changes, I may or may not let you know.

Gez I just asked a simple question, and I wasn't rude about it. I thanked him for his reply also.

nilbog
06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
You can quantify your "simple question" all you want, I'm telling you how I feel about it.

wtf do you do in your spare time? Do you help thousands of strangers to have a good time?

If you do, please link, so I can derail threads on your forums and/or question the free help.

It's that simple. Your question is not appropriate in this thread.

ooantipostoo
06-23-2010, 04:55 PM
You can quantify your "simple question" all you want, I'm telling you how I feel about it.

wtf do you do in your spare time? Do you help thousands of strangers to have a good time?

If you do, please link, so I can derail threads on your forums and/or question the free help.

It's that simple. Your question is not appropriate in this thread.

Funny thing is that I do help thousands of people. I aided in Hurricane Katrina relief and also have a mission trip to Ecuador this summer. I apologize if I offended you or your staff, and posting in the incorrect thread.